Basketball Was LeBron's Playoff Performance ..Greatest ever?

Was LeBron's Playoff Performance greatest ever?

• Yes

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 63.3%

• Total voters
ozflava said:
No offense....but that's a ridiculous statement. Rewind to Game 1 when he passed up the last second shot to Donyell Marshall........he got crucified for it. Now he takes over and dominates a game......and again he is hated on. The guy 22 and playing at the level of Jordan. Jordan's Bulls were nowhere to be seen when he was 22. It was nowhere near the best playoff performance for one main reason......it wasn't in the finals. I don't think the haters watched enough MJ games......he had more then his fair share of "HOG" games. Plus, if you have watched the Cavs much this year, they can seriously choke and just dry up. Those other guys are either on or off. I say it was one of the better performances, but not close to the "best"

If he is so hated on why are all the bandwagon jumpers making posts and replies about him being the best ever? Obviously some people like him. Like I said, he had a good game but to compair him to Michael is ludacris. Asfar as watching MJ play, when he came into the league I was just being born, and everytime after that when I saw him he was dominating, and still included his team. Yes he may have been a ball hog at points, but he knew how to be a team player, ex. Scottie Pippen, John Paxson, Steve Kerr. They all stepped up when they were needed and didnt look to MJ to score 50 points each night. The Cavs are crap b/c they have to depend on Lebron. It's sad to hear for many people, but LEBRON IS NO MICHAEL JORDAN, or atleast not yet, I wanna see more than one game. As for the bandwagon jumpers there's a kid named OJ Mayo, he will be around in a year or so, so get your spot in line saved now, b/c if he is even half as good as Lebron it's going to be a full wagon.

its got little to do with bandwagon jumping......more to do with recognizing class. He was in this same position last year and couldnt get it done. Obviously he has improved and learnt. Until he wins a title he cant lay claim to anything. Sounds like your bitter cause your a Pistons fan and he is kicking their butts. I am not a huge LBJ fan, but respect where it is due. You talk about the bandwagon jumpers now he ripped it up......what about the negative bandwagon jumpers who were quick to say he was not a superstar because he passed up the game winning shot in Game ?. The guy is 22 and learning on the fly. Bag him all you want, but he is demolishing the Pistons and is one game away from playing in the Finals.......no hating on that.......all at 22 years of age!!!

Very good folks. Keep your responses coming.

Mwatson as far as your question goes. It really has nothing to do with card trading, but it keeps your attention for a bit and keeps you posting. I asked the BKB mod if he minded if I posted this before I posted it and he said it would be cool to post this and let you guys vote.

Thanks,

Daren

easy question.....easy answer..........NO!

YES it was AMAZING and I would put it in the top 10 EASY but the BEST? NO WAY...I can name a few better right off the top of my head

!!!!!!!!IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER!!!!!!!!!

1. MJ's FLU GAME
2. Isiah Thomas broken ankle game
3. MJ's 63 in 1986 1st round LOSS to the Celtics (still better and they LOST)
4. Larry Bird playoff game (steals in inbounds lays it up for the win)
5. Magic Johnson replaces Abdul-Jabar RC season nad scores like 30+
6. MJ's "last shot game" you could NOT write a better script had 23 at the half...45 at the end of the game...AND the POSE on the last shot?

could probably name a few others...but I would say Lebron's game is in the top 10 FOR ME

What Lebron did was silence alot of the critics, remember this kid is what 23?? Whatever playoff peformances i think we deem the best, we havent seen anything yet from bron. At this stage in his career I dont think he is a take over like Kobe or MJ. But He was very impressive in game 5 and i think he is coming into his own

I also only saw the last five minutes of the 4th and the ots. It was very impressive. But it was game 5 of the Eastern finals. I'd put Magic Johnson's 42 points , 15 boards, 7 assists, playing center for the injured Kareem, in a game cinching game 6 of THE finals in 1980, ahead of it for one. That game I saw. MJ's 63 didn't see it. And the Bulls got swept I believe. But that #23 guy is good. if he gets any better they may have to market him some more. ESPN Classic - Lakers' Magic trick (42 points) clinches title

duncanonyou21----WAY more to come from LB23 and he's 22 !!!

keithmcm----the Magic game was the 1st game I ever watched from start to finish EASILY in the top 3 EVER!!

its close....he had 2 take ovr that game cause the role players werent making shots....0-10 in 4th quarter and overtime....if that trend would have continued they might have lost and LEBRON WAS ON FIRE....so he rode that momentum....granted if kobe would have done this ppl would automatically would have said BALLHOG....but lebron actually is a pass-first guy most of the time he just had 2 take over that game....having said that it isnt number 1

magic johnson in i believe 1986 or 1987 when kareem was out and he started at center....and he dropped 42 points and 15 rebounds playing pretty much every position on the court at one point or another was the best playoff performance ever....lebrons performance and mj's 63 points against the celtics or when he scored 40 some odd points when he had the flu was close but magic will always have the best playoff performance of all time....NO QUESTION

duncanonyou21 said:
What Lebron did was silence alot of the critics, remember this kid is what 23?? Whatever playoff peformances i think we deem the best, we havent seen anything yet from bron. At this stage in his career I dont think he is a take over like Kobe or MJ. But He was very impressive in game 5 and i think he is coming into his own

couldn't have put it better myself Kurt.

I have to agree the Magic game is right there. Also another no one has mentioned, is the Willis Reed game. That was inspirational stuff. I think for it to truly be the best performance it has to be in the finasl.....the biggest stage. I'm excited to see the next game......and for the record, I'm going for the Pistons!! Their one of my fav teams, and I don't think Cavs have any hope against TD and the Spurs!!

ozflava said:
its got little to do with bandwagon jumping......more to do with recognizing class. He was in this same position last year and couldnt get it done. Obviously he has improved and learnt. Until he wins a title he cant lay claim to anything. Sounds like your bitter cause your a Pistons fan and he is kicking their butts. I am not a huge LBJ fan, but respect where it is due. You talk about the bandwagon jumpers now he ripped it up......what about the negative bandwagon jumpers who were quick to say he was not a superstar because he passed up the game winning shot in Game ?. The guy is 22 and learning on the fly. Bag him all you want, but he is demolishing the Pistons and is one game away from playing in the Finals.......no hating on that.......all at 22 years of age!!!

He is in the same position this year as he was last year, and at the moment he hasn't gotten it done, he has atleast one game left to play, and possibly 2, so still he has a little ways to go. Also asfar as being bitter, yes what Piston's fan isn't. What fan in this position wouldn't be. As I have said all along I agree that he had one heck of a game, but I'm furious and "bitter" as you'd call it about all the hype he's gotten for it. Is the NBA that sad where they have to talk about a 48 point game for 3 days in a row. To give him credit for a good game, all the power to him, but to say it's the best ever is a crock. To comment on the negative bandwagon jumpers, you have to look at the way Lebron whined for 2 days after he didn't get a call called for him in game 2. If you think of it in that respect people jumped on the negative bandwagon b/c he was acting like a baby, not b/c he passed up a shot. Well for him demolishing the Pistons, he has really only had one "Great" game (gotta be politically correct), if you recall game one was what a 10 point effort, and game 2 was what only a few more points. If you call that dominating you haven't watched to many games to realize it takes more than 10 points and a losing effort to dominate a game. And asfar as age goes, Michael Jordan was only 23 when he won his first Championship, and Kobe was only 21, and Duncan was 22, so again crown him king all you want other players have done it already.

dsizemore said:
Very good folks. Keep your responses coming.

Mwatson as far as your question goes. It really has nothing to do with card trading, but it keeps your attention for a bit and keeps you posting. I asked the BKB mod if he minded if I posted this before I posted it and he said it would be cool to post this and let you guys vote.

Thanks,

Daren

it's been ok'ed ;)

I agree with you, but it's only one post. When the Pistons win tonight this post will drop like flies. For the most part, posts are placed in the correct areas, so Im not complaining.

Back