The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts. Content submitted express the views of their author only.
This Service is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are younger than this, please do not register for this Service. If you register for this Service, you represent that you are this age or older.
All content you submit, upload, or otherwise make available to the Service ("Content") may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.
We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use the Service. Use of the Service constitutes acceptance of these terms. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
As with any community, rules and guidelines are important to keep the community running smoothly. We've created the following rules in order to make a positive experience for other members and guests.
Access to this community is a privilege, and not a right. Members who continually violate these rules may have their account temporarily or permanently suspended or banned, regardless of their previous contributions to the site.
- The Sports Card Club forums should be viewed as a family oriented community. As such, do not post anything which may be inappropriate for children. This includes, but is not limited to, excessive profanity, sexual or illicit content, abusive, threatening, hateful, provocative, or vulgar content, links to websites containing inappropriate or illegal material, or otherwise illegal content.
- Be courteous and respectful to your fellow members and guests. Personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. User's opinions will vary and differing opinions should not be taken personally. If you have an issue with another user, and are unable to reply to their posts in a civilized and constructive manner, please ignore that user.
- If you feel another user is attacking or being aggressive towards you, report their message. Do not respond. Doing so will simply make the situation worse. If someone attacks you, and you respond aggressively, you will both be warned regardless of how it started.
- All posts should be constructive and on topic. Off topic posts will be moved or deleted.
- Back to back posts in the same thread, within a 12 hour period, are not allowed. If you need to add to a thread where you are the latest poster, and that post is less than 12 hours old, simply edit your latest post.
- Do not solicit members via private conversations unless direct communication is invited. If you received an unwanted private conversation, please report that message.
- Do not post referral, affiliate, or self-promotional links, even if the site you're linking to does not directly compete with us.
- Messages involving links to other related forums are not allowed unless it is for constructive criticism towards Sports Card Club in relation to others' features (for example, Sports Card Club should have feature X like site Y).
- Personal information and private conversations may not be posted publicly unless it's clear that everyone involved consents.
- If a moderator or staff member takes action or posts a directive, you must comply. If you take issue with, or have a question about, a moderator's decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through our contact system. Posts discussing moderator actions will be removed.
- Each user may only have one account. If multiple accounts are found, both accounts may be merged, removed, or banned.
Sports Card Club only serves as a means for you to find and deal with other users. As such, you must agree that we cannot be held responsible for any failed deals. You are responsible for making wise deals, and fulfilling your end of those deals.
- PayPal (goods and services) is our recommended choice of payment for all purchases. Sending payment via any other method is done at your own risk.
All items you have for sale or trade must be in your possession. Selling cards through your COMC or other online account is fine, as long as that is stated in the listing.
All sales, purchases, and trades should be posted in the transaction manager.
Auction style sales are not allowed. This also includes offering a specified dollar amount for the best card.
Duplicate threads for the same item(s) are not allowed. In such cases, all duplicate threads may be removed.
Additionally, posting multiple sale/trade threads within the same forum, within a 24 hour period, is also not allowed. These threads should be condensed to a single sale/trade thread.
No raffles, grab bags, mystery packs, or hot packs. Bulk boxes/packages of random base cards are allowed.
New user restriction: New members will be required to send first on all trades until they have successfully completed a total of 15 trades.
Other restrictions: Failure to successfully complete your end of any transactions, or failure to reply to update requests from moderators will get your account restricted to one of the following:
- PayPal (goods and services) is required for all members with a Must Send First restriction.
We will try to help with any failed deals, as best we can, but cannot guarantee a successful outcome.
We will not help to resolve any failed deals if any of the following are true:
- Must Send First: These members must send first on all trades.
- No Transactions: These members may not participate in any new transactions. In order to get this restriction removed users must complete all their currently active transactions and make amends for any previously failed transactions.
- The deal was not posted, and confirmed, in the transaction manager.
- You did not follow the "Must Send First" rules posted in the transaction.
- You paid for the item with a method of payment other than PayPal (goods and services).