My Graphing Thread

Another fun day at a minor league game. Newark Bears hosted the Kansas City T-Bones. Like I said before, only reason I wanted to go was because Frank White was a coach for KC. Spoiler alert, appears he doesn't travel. So now it was just Newark. Here's how I did:

-Before-

Quentin Davis 1/1 (Talked with him about a minute, getting to be one of my faves)
Mike Ness 4x6 (Threw a no-hitter last month)
Jorge Vasquez 1/1

-After-

Daryle Ward 2/2
Julian Sampson 1/1
Good 'ol Tim Raines 1/1

IMG01337.jpg

IMG01338.jpg

Tim was happy to see me. First home game I've been to all year. Just love going to Newark games because of the low attendance. My friend and I were talking with 1B Patrick Reardon and KC 1B Coach Bill Sobbe throughout the game, just having fun. Pat had me cracking up early in the game. Threw each of us a ball during the game. I was expecting to get a couple foul balls but barely any were hit on our side. Gotta see what I'm gonna do next week. Trying to goto a Jackals game Sunday and maybe hit up the Rangers. Thanks for reading.

uff this is really nice autographs...have you also someClevland Indians utographs???

Thank you. I don't have many Indians autos, but if you want to check out my Thome Indians mini helmet. It should be on the previous page.

Today I'm going to a Jackals game, they are playing Quebec. Nobody big for me to get today, just getting some cards done. I think it can be a 10+ day for me.

Well turns out the game was a double-header. Jackals and Capitales split the games. Here's how I did:

After game 1/before game 2:

Coach Goefrey Tomlinson 3/3
Craig Clark 2/2, 1/1
Angel Berroa 2/2
Kyle Greenwalt 1/1
Sebastien Boucher 1/1

After game 2:

Coach Ed Ott 1/1
Jeff Lanning 2/2

IMG01366.jpg

Only guy I wasn't able to get was Quebec P Karl Gelinas, a player told me he wasn't with the team. Also know the problem why I couldn't get Lanning last time I went and didn't see him before the 2nd game. Their site says he's #18 but he's actually #9. There's a small possibility that I'll be going to a Newark/Quebec game this weekend. Monday I'll be going to the Mets/Rockies game, finally my first Met game of the year. Thanks for reading.

Haha yes I am. Tomorrow I'm seeing some big league action. Going to the Mets/Rockies game tomorrow night, first Met game of the season. I'm concentrating more on the Mets this time around because the Rockies roster barely has anyone worth getting at the moment. Just gonna see if I get a few Rockies, get a couple baseballs and enjoy the game. Wish me luck guys.

For the Rockies, Jordan Pacheco would be a nice one of a budding star, but other than there is very little to go after. Good luck with your Mets though! If you happen to get an extra R.A. Dickey, and would be willing to trade, let me know. I am in the Nashville area and like to try to pick up some of the local guys.

Had a chance to get Pacheco moments before the game but didn't have anything for him. Didn't realize he was a prospect like that. I had a very good day, I'll write about it later in the day. About Dickey...I'll be lucky if I can even get him for myself. Don't even want to think about it... He's been very tough this season.

Ok so yesterday was a pretty good day for me. Such a nice cool day too. I hit up the Mets in the afternoon and kept an eye out for any Rockies arriving. It wasn't a good time to get the Rockies since most of the notables were injured. No Helton, no Gonzalez, no Giambi etc. There were only 3-6 fans there for autographs.

Added 7 on team ball - Ronny Cedeno, Jeremy Hefner, Kelly Shoppach, Josh Edgin, Manny Acosta, Andres Torres and Chris Young
Had Chris Young sign my 2011 team 8x10 too
Coach Tim Teufel 2/2
Ramon Ramirez 1/1
Jason Bay 1/1
Scott Hairston 1/1
Tulowitzki 1/1 (Wasn't sure if I should print something out for him, oh well)
Jeff Francis 2/2
Ron Darling on Mets mini-helmet

-Inside-
Batting practice was cool. Got a ball from Met coach Tom Goodwin (I think). Later I came close to snagging a bouncer and then Jhoulys Chacin tossed it to someone else. I was joking around with him for a couple minutes, saying how tough it is to grab one of those bare-handed. Yelled that he owed me one, had some friendly exchanges. Next one he got he threw to me. Thank god for smartphones, I wouldn't have known who he was if I didn't load up the roster haha. First time I got more than one ball at an MLB game. Anyway a couple minutes after I got the ball, I noticed Eric Young Jr was signing in the next section over. I had nothing so I decided to have him sign that ball on the sweet spot.

Eric Young Jr SS BP ball
Jonathan Herrera 1/1

I also ran into Zack Hample a couple times. He's a legendary ballhawk, been doing this for around 20 years. He has own blog, mostly about his adventures. Very interesting guy. When I first started to hear about him, I wasn't really crazy about him. But then as I started to read his blog more, I understood him more and got to like him a little. I first met him last year so this was the 2nd time I actually talked to him. Near the start of the game he was near me so I decided to have him sign my ticket. He actually does sign autographs too, he has many fans.

IMG01368.jpg

IMG01370.jpg

IMG01375.jpg

IMG01376.jpg

Only like 6 people for guys like Niese, Pelfrey, Wright, Thole, Parnell, Ike Davis, Justin Turner and don't want to sign. Few of those guys arrive together and think they're the shit. Turner's gone over to the 'evil' side. Even Matt Harvey didn't sign and I heard he's been a good signer since being called up. When the crowd dwindled to 3, still couldn't get Francisco, Tejada, Valdespin and Johan to sign. You'd think they'd be more willing to sign for people they usually don't see. So I got 19 autographs yesterday, 20 if you count Hample. Anyways, I'll try to get a pic of the Young Jr ball up. If you guys want to check out Hample, just google him. He's written 3 books...about ball snagging believe it or not. Recently he did a stunt where he caught baseballs from a helicopter, it's an unofficial record. Pretty cool. I'll have to see if I do anything soon. I might consider doing the Mets/Astros Friday. Might go to a minor league game and or Yankee game next week. Thanks for reading.

Thanks Troy. Since last year I've gotten nicer autos from him. I do like how he signs. He doesn't really like to talk to you but he's someone you can almost count on for an auto. I did the Blue Jays today, I will write about how I did now.

Well I did Toronto today. I was keeping an eye out for the forecast the past few days, I'd been 50/50 about going. Well I decided to go, there was like a 70% chance of rain at 12pm and then 30-40% chance of t-storms couple hours after. Well small showers came around that time and then it started to pour. I was a little worried about that 30-45 min period. Few people didn't sign, including the manager. Then things cleared up and was looking good. I got:

JA Happ 1/1
Kelly Johnson 2/2 (Got him last time too, has to be the friendliest on the team)
Brandon Lyon 1/1
Yunel Escobar on Cuba flag 8x10
Brandon Morrow 2/2
Yorvit Torrealba 2/2 (Got help with the other)
Omar Vizquel 8x10! This was the big one for the day, didn't think I'd get him.

IMG01584.jpg

IMG01585.jpg

IMG01586.jpg

Missed guys like Adam Lind, Ricky Romero and Chad Jenkins. Rajai Davis (guy just doesn't sign), Steve Delabar, Darren Oliver, Encarnacion and Rasmus didn't sign. Also missed broadcasters while waiting for Vizquel etc. I expected more compared to the first day last series but I am so happy to get Vizquel. Two Indian greats to end last month (Thome) and this month. For the next week I'll be going to a minor league game or 2, it's nearing the end for these teams. Also next week I might do the Braves. Thanks for reading.

Well yesterday afternoon I went to the Newark Bears/Worcester Tornadoes game. Worcester actually signed Jose Canseco this season but he only played for the first month or so. This wasn't really much of a graphing day for me. Just had 2 items on me. After the game I got Tim Raines on my Marlins mini helmet (he was a Marlin for his final pro season). I also got batting gloves from Quentin Davis. Remembered me from last time and glad I got him to hook me up with something. If I go to the final game tonight, I'll have him sign them. The other thing I had to get signed was for Daryle Ward but didn't see him today. Thanks for reading and enjoy your Labor Day.

IMG01591.jpg

IMG01593.jpg

Back