My Graphing Thread

Thanks. No....we lost. The slide didn't pay off a whole lot. I probably could've beat it standing and I couldn't get driven in on 2 outs. So yeah...I'm regretting that slide a bit.

It was another bad day for me yesterday. At least the pain wasn't as bad as I expected. First I got manager John Farrell, signed one of 2 cards. Later Kelly Johnson and a few others were going somewhere but Kelly stopped to sign. My next autograph wasn't for another 2-3 hours...this is sounding a lot like my previous time. When the players were boarding the first bus, barely anyone even signed. Among the players who refused were Brett Cecil, Encarnacion, Cordero, Rajai Davis, Ben Francisco, Darren Oliver, Romero and Travis Snider along with the rest I had nothing for. There were under 10 people waiting. Only a couple scrubs signed. I heard everyone on the team signed Monday except for Bautista, Vizquel and couple others. Just like I regretted sliding in my game, I regretted not being able to go Monday. At least there are some people you can mostly depend on, broadcasters. In the final 30-60 minutes, I got Pat Tabler on 3 cards and then later spotted J.P. Arencibia and got him on my Cuban flag 8x10. He's the guy that makes the hilarious impressions of ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian. Then someone spotted Alan Ashby walking away and got my final autograph there. I'll just post the autos below, since I wanted to go into detail before:

Manager John Farrell 1/2
Kelly Johnson 2/2
Broadcaster Pat Tabler 3/3
J.P. Arencibia on Cuban flag 8x10
Broadcaster Alan Ashby 1/1

IMG01302.jpg

IMG01304.jpg

Could've gotten Buck Martinez but had nothing and didn't wanna waste an ROMLB, no offense. After that I went on my way to the game. I didn't get any autos during BP (which I expected) but I did get my first BP home run ball. Was hit by some Yankee, unfortunately their balls have "PRACTICE" stamped on the sweet spot. I just didn't enjoy the day. Graphing sucked and my leg was a bit uncomfortable for most of the game. Well I'll have to see what I hit up next. Was thinking about the Dodgers Friday but I kinda doubt it. Will it end up being worth it? I might do the Nats next week (probably not) and I'll also be going to 1 or 2 Jackals vs Worcester games next week. Jose Canseco is playing, yes PLAYING, for Worcester and let's see if I can get him, I've heard he's been tough. Thanks for reading.

I wouldn't consider 8 signings a bad day. It gets you that much closer to the ultimate goal, although getting 20 would have been better! :D Definitely wasn't a terrible day, overall, I'd say. By the way, do you have any multi-player cards that have both players inked on them? If so, how many of those? Those would be awesome, at least to me.

I know but to my standards, it was bad. I only get 5 people and so many guys refuse, it gets to me sometimes. Especially when I could've went the day before and killed. About the multi-player cards, I don't have any fully signed yet. Only gotten...maybe...5 signed. Good question though, thanks.

Aww, that's too bad. I think next year we need to come up with a multi-player card signed goal. ;)

Thanks. Last ones haven't been so good but tomorrow should be alright.

I didn't wanna go for Worcester last week because Canseco's been on the injured list and heard he wasn't there. Tomorrow I'll be going for the Orioles. Really really hope I can get Thome. 6 years ago I was two people away from getting him inside Shea so hopefully it'll happen this time. Only other guy I want something good on is broadcaster Jim Palmer. Wish me luck guys.

Well I finally had my way today. Did very good with Balitmore. Could've hit 20 if I was more aware.

First autograph of the day...

Jim Thome on mini helmet!
Ryan Flaherty 1/1
Lew Ford 2/2 (back in the bigs for 1st time in 5 years)
Manager Buck Showalter 1/1
Wilson Betemit 2/2
Tommy Hunter 1/1
Matt Lindstrom 2/2
Endy Chavez 2/2
Mark Reynolds 1/1
J.J. Hardy 1/2
Chris Davis 1/1

IMG01332.jpg

IMG01328.jpg

Got an extra Chris Tillman signed for someone. Only person that really denied me was Luis Ayala. Could've gotten Adam Jones but forgot my card at home....missed a few other players and coaches. Just really happy about getting Thome. So next up for me, I may go to a Jackals game this weekend. Trying to goto a Marlins game next week too. Thanks for reading.

That helmet is just sick! Congrats on that one. Congrats on all of them really, but that Thome will be tough for you to beat. What's the ol' count up to now?

Thanks man. As he was signing it I was telling him that I'm actually a little nervous to meet him (a rarity) and that he's one of my favorite players etc. He shook my hand and said something like 'Well it's my pleasure". Looks like I'm up to 136 for the season.

Hey guys. Went to the Jackals/Newark Bears game this afternoon. I really needed to knockout some cards here from the order I made online. Out of a maximum of 16 cards, I did pretty good.

Kyle Greenwalt 1/1
Jorge Vasquez 1/1
Quentin Davis 2/2
Ed Ott 1/1
Angel Berroa 2/2
D'Angelo Jimenez 1/1
Anthony Pluta 1/1
Julian Sampson 1/1 (Got as he was making his walk down to start the game. Try doing that with a pitcher at an MLB game LOL)
Daryle Ward 2/2

IMG01336.jpg

Ward was the only guy I got after the game, only guy I saw I actually needed. Newark coaches Raines and Oberkfell weren't there, hope they'll be back tomorrow. Also couldn't spot Jackals Craig Clark and Jeff Lanning. On the Jimenez and Pluta, I experimented with this light blue marker, it looks bad in the pic but didn't come out as good as I hoped. Ed Ott was signing more things than the players before the game. Knocked out a bunch of cards for a couple guys. Very nice funny guy. Got a laugh from something i was telling him. Told him yesterday I was watching a little of Mets Yearbook 1979 and saw him get thrown out at the plate by the left fielder (don't remember his name). I mean it's just funny how I happened to see that. After the game, the Jackals players had a signing but didn't stick around for that. I only needed 2 players and these guys were out of uniform so I couldn't tell who from who. Tomorrow I'll going to a Newark Bears game against the Kansas City T-Bones. Main reason I'm going, coach and Royals great Frank White. Unfortunately I don't have any good things for him to sign. Just cards. Wish I had a Royals mini but couldn't get one short notice. Well thanks for reading.

Back