My Graphing Thread

Yes Franklin, that was a cool day.

Well while the site was down, I've gotten tons of autographs, some of you may have seen on TCC. I finally got R.A. Dickey! I've done the New York Jets, even gotten Rex Ryan, Tim Tebow and Bart Scott. I've gotten plenty of quality basketball graphs. Just to name a few; Jamal Crawford, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard, Kyrie Irving, Varejao, Dan Majerle, Joe Dumars and George Karl. I've added 3 more to my UNC 8x10, including HOFer Bob McAdoo and I've even added one to my Inaugural Hornets piece, Tim Kempton. I've started doing a little hockey too. Didn't take me too long to get my first superstar; got Sidney Crosby a month ago. I've got you mostly up to pace with me, now here's what was up a couple days ago:

I had in mind a big autograph day last Sunday.

Nets vs Grizzlies 3:30
Knicks vs Sixers 7:00
Devils vs Jets 5:00

A week ago, a friend told me he had tickets for the Devils/Jets game. Also another friend told me he wanted to do Winnipeg after the game. Regardless, I'd be graphing hockey that day. I really thought about what I should do, would love to see a Devils game too. I ended up going with my original bball plan but told him things could change. If rain is in the forecast, that would be enough to prevent me from going to NYC. Also I got a little sick from doing the Senators last Monday. I was feeling good enough to go at the end of the week but still I wasn't sure if I should risk getting sick that day because I'm trying to do the Warriors and Mavs this week. There was one problem though, I didn't bother looking at the Nets game time. Originally it was at 3:30 but at sometime, the time was changed to 7. That really killed it. Unless the Grizz/Sixers were staying at the same place, it wouldn't have been worthwhile. Also, the hockey tix weren't available anymore. It didn't surprise me, hope I can go to one soon. Now the plan was go to the city and do the Grizzlies and then catch a bus from NY to meet with my friend back in NJ at Prudential Center to graph after the hockey game. I decided since there's still one more day to get the Grizzlies and Philly, I'd risk getting sick Sunday once instead of twice and just go with my friend to do the Winnipeg Jets and Devils that night. I had another decent day of graphing. Sorry for the long story lol, could've been confusing with the 2 friends. At least for my friend that went to the game, he saw the Devils lose, he's a Rangers fan.

Olli Jokinen on 4x6 and card
Mark Stuart 1/1
Evander Kane on photo paper
Bryan Little 2/2
Byfuglien 2/2
Nik Antropov 2/2
Ondrej Pavelec 2/2
Asst Coach Charlie Huddy 1/1 (Props to me for spotting him lol)

Devils side:
Andy Greene 1/1
David Clarkson on '13 8x10

IMG01839_zps235eec15.jpg

IMG01841_zpsb0bbecb6.jpg

IMG01842_zpsa915a96e.jpg

IMG01843_zps0ec9b38a.jpg

Andrew Ladd was the only Jet to ignore everyone. Also missed a couple guys because I oculdn't find out who they were; like Burmistrov, Paul Postma and Jim Slater. I can't recognize hockey players but I was happy with myself that I at least recognized Huddy from seeing his pic an hour ago. As you guys know, I'm aiming to do the Warriors tomorrow and the Mavs Friday. Already tomorrow is not looking promising, rain. I will have to keep an eye on that. Thanks for reading.

Now that otis is back, I'm expecting a full report on last year's goal. :D

Hahaha. I had to do some digging to see what your prediction was. You guessed 480 for 2012. I finished the year with 551 autos (unofficial). I had around 260 for baseball! Just wow. Now the question is how I will do for the 2012/2013 basketball season.

Sweet that you got Jokinen, always liked him.

And thats a lot of IP autos my friend, its nuts! :D

Yep, he was one of very few I could recognize lol. Wish I could've found a pic of him as a Panther. And yes this has been an impressive past year! Wish I could've found out about the hotels a few years ago, wouldn't be wasting as much time now. You must be looking forward to seeing what hockey I will get, I'm just bummed I can't see any Western teams.

Ok guys I'm gonna be doing the Mavs in a couple hours. Some of my main targets are Vince Carter (2 things, be lucky if I get one), Anthony Morrow, Brandon Wright, Derek Harper, and O.J. Mayo. Notice Dirk isn't listed. I just have a card. Got him twice a couple years ago so I don't need him on anything nice. Also going on in the city, Mariah Carey and Prince will be on Fallon. I'm not even expecting to see Prince, I read he hasn't really signed autographs the past 10 years. As for Mariah, if I see her I'll try for an auto and pic with. Wish me luck, mostly with Dallas. I don't expect to see the others.

Otis, by any chance would you be willing to do 50/50's?
Probably jerseys or balls only. Maybe an occasional 8x10.

LMK, if you ever interested. I admire your tenacity and wish we lived in the same city. :)

Good luck Otis! If you get multiples of Vince Carter we're definitely going to have to work something out so I can have one. :p

Jeremy I'll have to see, I really don't do 50/50s. Not really ruling it out though. Mike, my 2 things for VC were personal things. I doubt I'll ever be able to help you lol, I'll be lucky if I can get him for myself period.

Well today was one of my worst basketball days of the season, but it's hard to believe. At least I hit double-digits. Let's take a look at my goals for today:

Vince Carter x2
Anthony Morrow
Brandon Wright
Derek Harper
O.J. Mayo

If I went for morning shootaround I could've had a shot for Vince and maybe got everything else done. 8 people were there in the morning and 12-15 when I was there. Mainly why I did poorly.

Brandan Wright on a card and the UNC 8x10
Broadcaster Derek Harper 8x10 (Was amused when I told him Rolando Blackman was responsible for him not making any All-Star teams)
Rodrigue Beaubois 2/2 (Yikes on the gold, need to start using a new one)
Mike James 2/2
Elton Brand 2/2
Coach Rick Carlisle 1/1

IMG01844_zps8c6e8b9b.jpg

IMG01845_zps24871cbf.jpg

IMG01848_zps30d5e17f.jpg

If anyone is wondering about what's underneath Derek Harper's signature, I think I know. At first maybe he thought I had another photo beneath it to sign. After all, he just finished signing 9 cards for the guy next to me lol. Maybe he started to sign and then noticed his mistake and stopped? I'll remove that part later then. So anyways, I started to have an idea of how today would go when I couldn't even get Brad Davis and Darrell Armstrong! Darren Collison, Dominique Jones, Kaman, Marion, Morrow, Carter and Dirk didn't sign. Even most of the younger players ignored us. For next week I want to do the Thunder. Heat have a Sunday afternoon game but I'm not even going to bother. Thanks for reading.

Cool adds otis. Too bad about Vince, though. That'd definitely be the highlight of my hobby year if I could grab is auto in person, for sure.

Im jealous that you met Elton Brand! I've liked him since he started playing. Congrats on all the "hits" :)

Cool adds otis. Too bad about Vince, though. That'd definitely be the highlight of my hobby year if I could grab is auto in person, for sure.

Definitely, he was even tougher to get years ago. I've only been able to get him at a Nets signing like 6 years ago. You like the Derek Harper? Definitely a great Maverick to get, good man.

Thanks Mark. He had some great seasons in LA but probably won't be remembered there much down the line. Nice guy.

Thanks Mark. He had some great seasons in LA but probably won't be remembered there much down the line. Nice guy.
Yeah, he was great imo. He just had a whole lot of knee troubles if I remember correctly, a little sad. I like his play style, but he barely gets off the ground now lol

Back