Tigsfan's 2010 TTM Return Project Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
7/15 - Another Tiger and teammate of yesterday's guy.

Eric Eckenstahler
2/3 - kept one
9 days

Mr. T's Comment: He only pitched for a few years, so nobody remembers him. But that also means that he has almost no mail to sign! True Tigers fans should send to him since he doesn't have much to do anymore.

RTS - Reggie Sanders (new address was given by PO, will resend eventually)

7/22

Brian Duensing
1/1 - personalized
16 days

Mr. T's Comment: As he just moved himself as Blackburn's rotation replacement, let's see to it that he continues being a quick signer. This is my first Twin back this year (sent to Cuddyer, Harris, Hudson, Gardenhire and Molitor too), so finally my Tiger's rival team broke the barrier.

Ryan Rowland-Smith
2/2
61 days

Mr. T's Comment: I guess being 1-9 (the win coming about a month ago) with a 6+ ERA on a last place team doesn't make you want to sign your mail that quick. Ryan will not be a likely trade piece this year, but good to see these returned. Maybe he can have a decent finish to the season now.

7/23

Dan Plesac
c/o MLB Network
5/5 - 17 days

Mr. T's Comment: Known mostly for closing up Veterans Stadium to close up his career, Plesac has become a very consistent signer over the past year or so. I also sent a 88 Topps among others (2 Brewers, 1 Blue Jays, 1 Diamondbacks, and 1 Phillies overall).

7/24

Andrew Bailey
1/1 - 19 days

Mr. T's Comment: This guy has been an awesome TTMer and didn't let me down. He has already had a great career with being the 09 ROY and then the 09 ASG team (didn't play) and 10 ASG team too (did play). Those looking to get a great player should consider this guy.

7/26 - IP Great Lakes Loons vs. Kane County Cougars

Brian Cavazos-Galvez 3 Pro Debut's (2 HR's HIT!)
Griff Erickson 1 team card
Chris Jacobs 1 team card
Matt Magill 1 team card
Jaime Ortiz 1 team card
Brian Ruggiano 2 Pro Debut's
Andy Suiter 1 team card
Luis Vasquez 1 team card
Brett Wallach 1 Pro Debut, 2 Bowman Gold's (6 IP, 2 HITS ALLOWED! W, 6-0)
J.T. Wise 1 team card
Rafael Ynoa 1 team card
Austin Yount 1 team card

7/27

Buck Showalter
3/3 - 66 days

Mr. T's Comment: Known for "passing the Buck", he has been in the center of the rumors for being the new Orioles manager. It wouldn't surprise me if he is a manager somewhere next year. Sent to ESPN, came back from North Texas.

Phil Coke
1/2 - 21 days

Mr. T's Comment: Another Tiger, it has been a while. He kept my 07 Bowman Chrome RC, but you win some and lose some. I will hopefully get my 2010 Topps Tiger card done later, but the 09 A&G Yankees will do for now.

7/29

John Danks
1/2 - 23 days (kept other card)

Mr. T's Comment: The Austin native was traded by his home team to the South Side for Brandon McCarthy, and the Rangers are still kicking themselves for it. My Topps 52 rookie card turned out great!

Phil Nevin
4/4 - 23 days

Mr. T's Comment: Another former Ranger (and Tiger) came through while he is managing his team. They are in last place, so maybe he needed to sign away his bad luck this year.

Magglio Ordonez
2/2 - 68 days

Mr. T's Comment: Finally, 6-8 weeks passed and I was still waiting (yep, it was almost 10 weeks). I guess with his injury, he has more time to sign his built up donation mail. I have now gotten back all the players from AFAC, which I will recommend to anybody who would like Bonderman, Cabrera, Guillen, Porcello, and/or Ordonez.

7/30

(Traded this day in 96 to Seattle, also traded to his current team in Aug. 06)

Jamie Moyer
3/3 - 69 days

Mr. T's Comment: The oldest man in MLB is still signing, and I finally got him back. This is one of the few Phillies not to send the preprint postcards, so I'm glad he hasn't changed. A very reliable signer to send to if you are just starting out with TTM.

(Traded in Aug. 03 after 10 years with Reds to the White Sox)

Scott Sullivan
2/2 - 23 days
Also added my letter back and put on the bottom "My Pleasure To sign. God Bless, SS"

Mr. T's Comment: Being only 39 (reitred when he was 33), he could still be pitching for a team today. He was a Reds workhorse from 99-01, and was a team favorite in the clubhouse for all those years. This is the best gracious signer I have got a return from so far.

8/2

Damian Miller
5/5 - 27 days

Mr. T's Comment: Another WS Champion came through for me. Even though he doesn't appear on MLB merchandise (replacement player from 1994 strike), he was still a good catcher. This is a good player to send to for those looking to start out.

8/7

Tony LaRussa
1/2 - 32 days

Mr. T's Comment: He pulverized my Tigers in the 06 WS to become the second manager to win a WS in the AL and NL (the other is also in my collection ), so I have a little anger towards him. He is one of the most reliable signing managers out there, and arguably one of the best.

8/11

Johnny Damon
c/o Tigers
1/2 - 36 days

Mr. T's Comment: He is a decent TTM signer, so I must have got him at the right time. The Tigers will not forward any "large items" to any players, so be warned. I got my 09 A&G back, but he kept the 07 Topps. I'll still take it!

8/12

Troy O'Leary
4/6 - kept two
37 days

Mr. T's Comment: Long time Red Sox OF was once working on a TV show, but have no idea what happened to it. He still lives in CA, so maybe it will come up again soon?

8/14

C.J. Wilson
2/2
39 days

Mr. T's Comment: He signed my 03 Topps RC and 06 Topps "RC", but both are in horribly fading black sharpie. Still nice to get him back, but may seek an upgrade next year from him.

8/16

Bobby Jenks
2/2
86 days

Mr. T's Comment: I almost gave up on these, but I got them back finally. He did not play against the Tigers this weekend, and may end up on the disabled list with back spasms (explains why the Tigers won 2 out of 3 games). I sent out to Kotchman last week, so I will have to send to Kotchman my 04 Topps RC next year.

8/19 - Dragons vs. Loons

Darrell Evans appearance - 1/1, 1/1 (ROMLB for me, something else for a friend of mine)

Back in April 1974, Evans (who was batting third), walked to lead off the fourth inning with Hank Aaron on deck. Hank Aaron then smashed a HR for the Braves, #715 for his career. At the time, this made Aaron the HR King. There's your MLB history lesson of the day.

Michael Boughton (hitting coach) - 2/2
Chuck Crim (pitching coach) - 17/18:p (forgot to pull out my team set card for him) {some available}

Guy a little bit down the line "I tried finding a card of yours Mr. Crim, and I could only find this one." "You should ask that guy, he has like a million!" I won't be asking him for any more until next year, he's going to remember me for a while.:rolleyes:

non-team issued cards
Nick Buss - 1/1
Blake Smith - 5/5 {2 available, 1 Debut and 1 Elite}
Angelo Songco - 3/3 {1 Debut available}

Team set (all 1/1):
Brian Cavazos-Galvez
J.B. Paxson
Jordan Roberts
Brian Ruggiano
Blake Smith
Angelo Songco

8/20

TRADE - from a fellow Tigers collector for an Adam Everett signed card

Lou Whitaker (another 84 WS Tigers player in my collection, which is slowly growing unintentionally)

Brad Ziegler
1/1 (c/o team)
8 days

Mr. T's Comment: One of the current MLB players quickest signers finally came through for me now that I got a card of his a few weeks ago. Those starting out should send to him right off the bat.

Tim Salmon
3/3 (Phoenix area home)
8 days

Mr. T's Comment: I guess you can say that I went fishing and caught a few salmon's!:p Anyways, he would be a "modern Angels great" in my book, and has finally started signing. I wouldn't wait too long on this guy to get something signed.

I now have most of my items done for the Loons, but still have another game or two still planned. If you would your licensed cards, photos, or baseballs signed, please contact me ASAP!!!

Roberto Hernandez
5/5
9 days

Mr. T's Comment: Mr. Hernandez has been a consistent, and quick, signer so I didn't hesitate with him. With about 300 SV's in his career, he wasn't a half bad player either.

Dave Rozema
4/4
9 days

Mr. T's Comment: Another '84 WS Tigers player (which means I'm close to 10, but not quite there). He is also a quick signer, and will make public appearances in Michigan if you need him on a team item that you wouldn't trust in the mail.

Koji Uehara
2/2
9 days

Mr. T's Comment: Koji's signature is unique, but quite as cool as Fu-Te Ni's. He doesn't have very many cards, but I think that is why his mail gets signed very quickly. It might be worth buying a RC for $1 and sending to him now.

4 envelopes today, but only three good ones.

RTS - Rheal Cormier (I'm not counting this against me as I accidentally sent to an old address and not the new address. This will still be a pending request)

Drew Butera
1/1
11 days

Mr. T's Comment: His father, former MLB catcher Sal Butera, taught his son well. Right now he is a backup to Joe Mauer, but he will be a starter very soon on likely another team. This could be your best chance to get him.

Ian Snell
4/4
11 days

Mr. T's Comment: Snell, despite struggles since joining Seattle, has been a great signer the past few years. I sent this one to AAA Tacoma, which he joined after vanishing from the 40 man roster. I hope he can find his groove again soon.

Michael Cuddyer
1/3 - kept one, returned one unsigned
48 days

Mr. T's Comment: I think this has been one of the quicker Cuddyer returns, as I've seen up to a year wait before. I caught him at the right time. He returned my 08 Topps unsigned, kept my 10 Topps, and signed my 09 Topps A&G, the best of the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back