Tigsfan's 2010 TTM Return Project Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
6/3/10

Miguel Cabrera
2/2 - 12 days
c/o Tigers

Mr. T's Comment: I guess I need to reveal my secret. Miguel Cabrera is now signing for charity along with some other Tigers players (like Bonderman has done). I will get info for those who need it, but the players I'm aware of are:

Jeremy Bonderman
Miguel Cabrera
Carlos Guillen
Magglio Ordonez
Rick Porcello
Dontrelle Willis - prior to being released

I paid the fee and am very happy with the return (sent to the others as well) and came with a letter from the program's director. He has guaranteed the autograph's authenticity and also gives info about where the donation goes. I highly recommend sending to the program! Scans to come tonight!

MiguelCabrera.jpg
MiguelCabrera2.jpg

5 more in the mailbox, so I'll have to condense my comments!!!

6/3/10 (all 13 days)

Garret Anderson - 0/2 (used my SASE though)
Chad Billingsley - 3/3
Carlos Guillen - 2/2 w/ fee
Rick Porcello - 2/2 w/ fee
Chien-Ming Wang - 2/3, kept the other

Mr. T's Comment (shortened):
Garret Anderson: Really? Put it in my SASE and not sign either of them? Boo!
Rick Porcello and Carlos Guillen: another satisfied customer of the charity program stated above.
Chad Billingsley: love how they turned out, and got a RC and AS card signed. My two favorite kinds to get signed
Chien-Ming Wang: Never signed as a Yankee, but I'll sacrifice getting him now. Maybe he can talk I-Rod to sign this year.:)

6/11/10

Chone Figgins
2/2 - 20 days

Mr. T's Comment: Even though he is not doing well this year, his signing habits haven't changed. Hopefully he ends up earning his paychecks before the end of the year.

Today was not from the west, but the north!

Aaron Hill
c/o Jays ST (Postmark St. Petersburg, FL)
2/2 - 93 days (NEW PERSONAL WAIT RECORD)

Mr. T's Comment: Somehow he has managed 9 HR's despite his .186 AVG this year. Even his minor league track record shows that he is a better hitter than that, but not as much power. We will see what the Jays can help him with soon before they become destined for failure... again.

6/17/10

Chris Ianetta
3/3 - 26 days

Mr. T's Comment: He's been doing better since coming back from AAA (batting about 1/3 AB's). Right now is a part time catcher/back up, so he doesn't get a lot of chances to star. Still a good TTM pickup for those who like catchers or Rockies players.

6/19/10

Matt Stairs
4/4 - 98 days

Mr. T's Comment: I thought these were "Looooooooong Gone!" after knowing that he is such a fast signer. We all remember him for his BIG postseason HR for Philadelphia a couple years ago, so those who have that pic should send it to him to get signed. This guy is a great TTMer.

Jeremy Sowers
1/2 - 28 days (kept one)

Mr. T's Comment: I'm dissapointed he kept the other card (06 Fleer Tradition RC), but got the 09 Topps with Aaron Laffey done. I might send to Laffey to finish the dual, and this will be one of the few Indians you ever see me send to.

Austin Jackson
In Person signing at DC Sports
1/1 (ROMLB) w/ $25 fee

Mr. T's Comment: I usually don't write about what I get IP, but I was impressed with his calm attitude. This is the first signing I've heard he did (besides the free one for Golves for Kids). He was taking pictures with anybody who wanted one, greated everybody happily, and was going at a good pace. I will have my pic of the ball and me shaking his hand up in the next couple days.

6/21/10

Justin Masterson
1/1 - 30 days

Mr. T's Comment: Apparently the Indians just got to their mail as I got one the other day too. Masterson has always been a very reliable signer and would recommend to those starting out in the TTM world.

6/23/10

Dontrelle Willis
c/o Tigers AFAC
2/2 w/ fee - 32 days

Mr. T's Comment: I sent this sometime around the week before he got traded, so it must have got forwarded to him when he was in town last week. Kept my check but did not get the COA letter like I did with the others who partnered with AFAC. I thought that these were gone, so a pleasent surprise!

6/25

Jeff Francis
c/o ST
3/3 - 104 days

Mr. T's Comment: All of these were signed in horribly fading black sharpie. I would consider resending, but can't afford the long wait again. He has been having an average year, so I thought that the signatures would have been at least average too.

6/26

Mike Lieberthal
c/o Home in CA
5/5 - 168 days

Mr. T's Comment: I believe Mike has moved, so I would not send to this address anymore. He caught Millwood's no no 4/23/03, the day after we saw one in Tampa. Not a bad way to end the week. I will also be trading a few of these.

7/2

Ryan Dempster
1/3 - 42 days

Mr. T's Comment: the most reliable signer from the South Side only signed one for me, but oh well. The bad thing is the bottom left corner is damaged, actually peeling so the card will become two! Might resend to him next year to replace this card.

7/5 - Orioles at Tigers

Johnny Damon - 1/1

7/6/10

Jeff Kent
2/3 (returned other card)
45 days

Mr. T's Comment: Reasonable turn around time from the Barry Bonds teammate. He signed my Mets and Giants card, but not the Dodgers card. I think this guy did get overshadowed by Bonds, so he might not get as many requests as he should.

7/13

Ron Blomberg
1/1 - blue
7 days

Mr. T's Comment: Ironically, today came one of the first men to play for George. He signed my 2001 UD 70's card commemorating the first DH ever. It's almost like the mailmen alliance planned this to happen...

7/14

Steve Sparks
4/4 (blue)
8 days

Mr. T's Comment: His knuckle ball is what we all remember him for, but I saw him dominate the Yankees years ago against Roger Clemens. I still think the 45 year old Sparks could still be pitching if he wanted to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back