Tigsfan's 2010 TTM Return Project Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art Howe 2/2 - 17 days

Mr. T's Comment: I completed my first dual (93 Topps Sparky Anderson/Art Howe)! He is a great signer and recommend him to those looking for a reasonable turn around time.

From yesterday....

Darren Daulton - 1/5 (19 days)

Mr T's Comment: Mr. Dutch comes through, but kept all of the other cards. :( I actually got back the "ugly" 93 Pinnacle card, so I'm a little disappointed on that part. He is also one of those weirdo conspiracy people, so you may not want to meet him in person.:p

Bean Town doesn't change a man....

Mike Cameron 8/8 (23 days)

Mr. T's Comment: I offered Mr. Cameron to keep any of the cards he wanted, but he returned them all signed instead. Cameron is the BEST current TTM player out there. If anybody needs Cameron, a few of them will be available. ;)

2/11/10
Bill Mueller - 3/4

Mr. T's Comment: The former WS champion and BA title 3B was great to see come back. He did not sign my Giants card, but signed both Red Sox and Cubs card for me.

2/16/10
John Olerud - 2/2 + own card unsigned

Mr. T's Comment: I will never forget how he wore a helmet while on defense rather than a hat, and maybe it will make a comeback someday. He was also a great hitter and he has a return rate for those Blue Jays/Mets/Mariners fans.

I'm also about to write off Mike Timlin as I've seen returns lately averaging 16 days or so while mine has been out for almost twice that long. I won't yet, but I think something might have happened to it.

From yesterday, a 4 time WS Champion!

Mike Timlin - 1/5 in 52 days

Mr. T's Comment: I probably gotcha with the 4x WS Champ part (Bernie Williams, Tino Martinez, or Chuck Knoblauch probably came to mind first), but as you saw me say a couple weeks ago I was about to write it off.

I had sent to a FL address, and it came back from CO. That explains my longer wait. I do hope he signed the Red Sox card, but I'll find out tomorrow!

3/6/10

Bobby Valentine - 1/3 in 56 days

Mr. T's Comment: The former Manager kept two of my cards, but its still a success! Too bad he lost to Torre in 01, but it took the Yankees 9 years to win again. A good manager and consistent signer.

Pee632 said:
So Far so good what is your ration so far?

I always keep my original post updated with that, but the breakdown is:

23 returned
1 RTS :(
16 still out there (will write off 1 year from send out date)

I also will be sending out 50 more to ST at the end of the week.

ST sendout #1 is here!

Luke French 2/2 - 7 days

Mr T's Comment: You don't know him by name, but as the guy traded for Jarrod Washburn last season. He is a good pitcher that has flown under the radar, so keep your eye on this youngster.

Monday was full of party favors! (All 9 days from ST)

Hideki Okajima 1/1

Mr. T's comment: I wish I had more to send him, but I only had the one. Great signer and is like the only known Red Sox to sign. Gotta love his head crushing delivery too.

Alfredo Figaro 2/2

Mr. T's comment: He has great potential for those who haven't seen him pitch yet. Solid #4 starter in the future, and I like the name Figaro.:p

Matt LaPorta 1/1

Mr. T's comment: That guy traded for CC Sabathia, and my first ROY candidate/top prospect to come back. Sweetness!

Ryan Feierabend 2/2

Mr. T's comment: The Mariners need to give this guy more opportunities, but don't have much to say on him here.

Jacob Turner 1/2 (kept 1)

Mr. T's comment: Keeping one I'll sacrifice for my future Tiger!:woohoo: Another top prospect that will be in the MWL, so I might see him this year when he plays the Loons.

Fu-Te Ni 1/2 (returned other)

Mr. T's comment: Funkiest signature ever for those who have never seen it. My parents even gave that card a second glance. Cool looking for sure, but probably got my letter translated because I don't think he knows much English.

Mike Rabelo 3/3

Mr. T's comment: Disappointed we traded him two years ago, but we got him back from Florida. :) He must've really liked what I said, because I've seen him sign 1/3 for some people.

Dan Schlereth 2/2

Mr. T's comment: Last one, finally. I like this guy as a future closer/set up man. I plan on sending one of these to his dad (NFL player Mark Schlereth) to complete the Father/Son card. It's very cool, trust me.

Only two from ST, but still happy to see them.

Brian Moehler 3/4 - 10 days (kept one)

Mr. T's Comment: He started the game pitch at Tiger Stadium, first pitch at Comerica Park, and now the newest part of my collection. Very happy to see these back.

John Maine 2/2 - 10 days

Mr. T's Comment: I wish more Mets were like him, this is a nice add to my collection. Let's see him be the Mets X Factor this year. :)

Tomorrow is the 2 week mark for when my ST batch went out, and after today I'm 15/50! I honestly have no idea what I did differently from everybody else, but I call this a better ratio than what I've heard.

3/25
Garrett Atkins 2/3, kept one (12 days)

Mr. T's Comment: Luckily the one he kept was the 08 Heritage, so I got my first two A&G's back (07 and 09). He was $25 (for Rockies foundation) last year, so two for free is fine by me.

Brad Ausmus 2/2 (12 days)

Mr. T's Comment: I'm calling it now, future MLB manager after an average career (see A.J. Hinch). I knew his max was two, so I didn't push it here.

Heath Bell 2/2 (12 days)

Mr. T's Comment: Another all-star return, and no complaints here. He did a great job replacing Hoffman as a closer, and his TTM time frame didn't disappoint either.

3/26
Jesse Litsch 1/1 (13 days)

Mr. T's Comment: My first Blue Jay back, but this youngster will be part of a good pitching core Toronto is working on. He signs often, so this might be the time to send before he becomes big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back