Tigsfan's 2010 TTM Return Project Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
3/27
J.J. Putz 3/3 (14 days)

Mr. T's Comment: The former Mariner/Met, and now White Sox, signed for his homestate guy. I hope he sucks this year when he faces the Tigers, but could be a closer if Jenks gets traded.

Jon Rauch 3/3 (14 days)

Mr. T's Comment: I'm thinking this is the new Twins closer. He has the stuff, and signs TTM just like Nathan did. He was a good pick up for the Twins.

Shea Hillenbrand 4/4 (77 days)

Mr. T's Comment: For now, he holds the record here for slowest signer (which I expect to get surpassed this year). He got hosed by the Red Sox and never found a spot in MLB since, but he still has his charity. If you haven't heard about what he does, I suggest you look into it.

3/29

Shaun Marcum 2/2 in 16 days

Mr. T's Comment: Another Blue Jay, and it seems this is one of the better signing teams. He should be a good middle of the rotation starter. Good luck to him as they try to fill Halladay's shoes this year.

4/1 - both 19 days

Milton Bradley 3/3

Mr. T's Comment: I have nothing nice to say, so I'm saying nothing at all.:p

Chad Cordero 2/2

Mr. T's Comment: He has been out of MLB for a little bit, but he's starting to bounce back. Take advantage as this is the first time I've heard of him signing. Good closer who I don't think makes the Mariners until mid-season.

I feel a little behind here, but 2 more to put me over 50% overall :)

4/5 - day 23

George Sherrill 1/3 (personalized to me), kept others

Mr. T's Comment: Also kept my others, and personalized the one I returned. He climbed out of the Independent League, which is rare and at the same time a good story. He is also on my fantasy team as my primary closer, so I hope he has another good year in LA.

Ty Wigginton: 1/4, kept others

Mr. T's Comment: Kept my other three, which I kind of wanted at least two back. He didn't return the Orioles or Rays card, but instead the Astros card. Makes you think he was a little bias in what you sign.

I'm in a long drought lately :(. Here's the "well, this long wait can't be a good thing" list:

Dent, Bucky
Garland, Jon
Gonzalez, Adrian
Lieberthal, Mike
Murphy, Dale
Posey, Buster
Stairs, Matt

I will be sending out some more in a couple of weeks, so stay tuned!!!

5/17/10

Alan Trammell - 0/1
REFUSED RTS UTF

Mr. T's Comment: I knew this was coming, but was a little dramatic about it. He not only stamped it as RTS, but crossed out the entire address in blue marker. I guess you don't care enough about you Michigan fans!

5/19/10

Jon Garland - 1/4
67 days
(Padres ST)
returned others unsigned

Mr. T's Comment: First off, finally! I was just getting ready to send out some more, but I feel better having something come back before I do. I picked him up in my fantasy team last week, so maybe that caused him to return my request. I think his great start delayed this a little bit, and cam just 10 days short of my longest wait record (Mr. Shea Hillenbrand).

Keep up the good work. Do you usually write a letter to the players? How long of a letter do you write? Or just send cards and an envalope?

I always write a letter to the player, even in the case of those with an * by their name, which I'll explain when they come back.

First off, I ALWAYS hand write these letters. Some players will not return those printed, especially when they are clear generic letters. I write about half a page on a piece of notebook paper, which I consider enough for them to read without being overwhelmed. I have not had any players write back to me, but it doesn't matter to me. Thanks for your question.

I also updated the May mailers, which I'm dropping in the box tomorrow.

5/28/10

Brandon Phillips - 2/3
6 days!
(Reds)
kept other card

Mr. T's Comment: First off, I'm shocked! I was getting ready for him to take from 3 to 5 weeks to send my card back. He kept my Indians card, which makes me think he doesn't like his NL and in-state rival that much. He is now in the record books as shortest wait by a MLB player (ties Mr. Sparky Anderson).

5/29/10

Jeremy Guthrie
2/2 c/o Orioles
7 days - One personalized, both also have "Go O's"

Mr. T's Comment: Guthrie is still putting Go O's on his Indians cards (which is why I tried to find an O's card of him with no luck). Solid pitcher that will probably end up in a middle relief role at the tail end of his career.

6/1/10

Tyler Flowers
(White Sox AAA)
1/1 - 10 days

Mr. T's Comment: Even though he personalized it, I love how it turned out. He used a silver sharpie on the 2010 Topps and signed right on his black jersey. I expect him to take over in Chicago if A.J. gets traded by the deadline. Also, it is another quick return from my rookie squad (LaPorta and Turner are the others).

Also got back Kaz Matsui as not at this address. I sent it just before he got released and hoped it would get forwarded. I will be resending to his new team soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back