Football The 2008 New England Patriots

Mooche

Bench Warmer
How do you think they will do? Another perfect regular season?..

My comments on the Patriots are simple, I think they got one hell of an offense and as much as I and some people hate them you cannot dispute that. However, even last year I felt they were shaky all along on the defensive side of the ball. I think this year they will get exposed defensively, they lost Samuels who was a huge part in that secondary and the linebackers are getting older. I think they will go 13-3. I think they are going to have a very tough schedule this year and they will not go perfect in the regular season. What do you think?

I agree with the defense being a question, but they also lost stallworth who was a big key at drawing corners on offense. as far as chedule goes, compared to last year, they have the easiest schedulle in the NFL.... aided by playing the jets and fins twice in a season. Patriots have been known to go off on random win streaks.... so it wouldn't surprise me to see them go undefeated, and it would surprise me less to see them win the super bowl. the main thing is the coaches need to keep their hands out of the "Randy Moss" cookie jar and not just make plays to throw to him deep EVERY series when d's are blitzing.... thats why they lost the superbowl.

I actually agree with Marino on a few points I forgot to add. First off, losing Stallworth is actually a pretty big loss, because he will take the corner away like said. As well, it is hard to go 6-0 in their division...right now those are gimme games pretty much. It's going to be a tougher schedule, thats for sure.

im with jaguars06 they will probably make the playoffs... i say there record will be 10-6 or 11-5 the most...and brady will have 30 or less td passes... and moss wont get that many.. my prediction the bears get a winning record and make at least at least the wildcard.... go BEARS!!! Pats s////uck

BearsFan51 said:
im with jaguars06 they will probably make the playoffs... i say there record will be 10-6 or 11-5 the most...and brady will have 30 or less td passes... and moss wont get that many.. my prediction the bears get a winning record and make at least at least the wildcard.... go BEARS!!! Pats s////uck
Bears are in turmoil.... face it... the vikings and pack will be the only playoff representatives from that division.... the jaguars are going to have a VERY hard time even making the playoffs with the Titans/Colts/Texans... and Brady would have to sit out half the season to throw only 30 TDs with the schematics the Pats have and weak division. I'd almost say Brady throws 30 TDs in his 6 division games. The only way he would not is against Buffalo, not because of their d, but due to the slow but steady ball movement of a Trent Edwards led offense.

To the above poster Jaguars will be in the playoffs, they may even in fact win the south.

The jags upgraded there whole team and last year were among the NFL'S Elite.

Oh yeah the Titans and Texans really scare me.

Wake up

jags are weak. never gunna go anywhere. there are too many tough teams they have to play even if they make the playoffs. they will never get to the bowl.

pats will prolly get there or it will be indy again.

giants are done. they were a fluke. they will prolly go 10-6 or 9-7.

i would like to see john david booty lead the vikings to the bow but i doubt that.

GO BEARS!!!

stevesokol21 said:
jags are weak. never gunna go anywhere. there are too many tough teams they have to play even if they make the playoffs. they will never get to the bowl.

pats will prolly get there or it will be indy again.

giants are done. they were a fluke. they will prolly go 10-6 or 9-7.

i would like to see john david booty lead the vikings to the bow but i doubt that.

GO BEARS!!!

Jags are weak, may i ask what you are smoking?

Back