Oh no! Fake Patch Alert...

Thanks newfie for sending me the UD Fraud Investigation Team's e-mail address.

This was their response:

Hi,

We are finished researching your card and we believe that it has been tampered with. The signatures in both of the images are exact and the sequential numbers are both 09/99. This card has not been sent in to our QA Dept. for replacement. The patch in this card is not authentic or original.

Thank you for your inquiry. If there is any way that the Fraud Investigation Team can assist you in the future please let us know. Thank you for your loyalty to Upper Deck.

Respectfully,

Fraud Investigation Team

The Upper Deck Company

5909 Sea Otter Place

Carlsbad, CA 92010

Lisa,
The note from UD didn't say anything about them having the auction removed from Ebay. Did they mention anything about doing this to you? I know it can take up to 48 hours for Ebay to remove it, so maybe UD did turn it in, and it will be erased from the database shortly.
Like I stated above, once it is removed, you won't have to worry about any type of retaliation from the seller.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see this card back on Ebay being sold by a different Ebay seller. It's highly doubtful the owner is going to want to eat the cost on it, so let us know if you come across it again.

One other thing, could you let the person who is saving all the scans of Ovechkin and Crosby's auto patches from the Cup know about UD's FIT dept.. If they come across any future counterfeit auto/patches, they should quickly shoot off an email to the FIT dept., and they will take care of it before it can be sold.

wow i wonder now if the guy that was selling it has relayed any info to the original "owner/faker". cause IF i were to consign stuff to my card store, i'd be watching it on ebay to see what it finished at, just cause i don't trust them THAT much.

that really blows that the card ended up a fake, cause it certainly would have been a nice one to own

Back