My Graphing Thread

Went to the Mets final game of the season. Mike Piazza was inducted into the Mets Hall of Fame. Wasn't sure how many autographs I'd get today. Didn't expect to get so few, another bad graphing day. But today it was quality over quantity. Nice day anyway. Bunch of graphers around outside pregame. Not many Mets signed. All I got was a Brewer.
Jean Segura 8x10
Signed a bit while walking into the lot, last one to get him. Wish he'd signed it in a better spot but whatever. Mike Piazza actually signed when he arrived, and for a few minutes. Couldn't get him. Aramis Ramirez only signed one when he arrived. Inside I got a couple.
Dice-K 8x10 (Asked for his Japanese autograph)
Added Vic Black to 2013 Mets 8x10
IMG_20130929_202434_643_zps03ac12f7.jpg

IMG_20130929_202511_089_zps63015445.jpg

IMG_20130929_202542_980_zps280e7976.jpg

I only know of a couple Brewers signing, one was Rob Wooten. Some Mets signed, no one I needed. Only one I missed because of uncertainty turned out to be Sean Henn. Terry Collins signed a bit and D'Arnaud over the dugout. After the game the Mets threw their caps and batting gloves in the dugout area. Another year that I come up with nothing, was maybe a foot away from a cap. I did catch a large bag of sunflower seeds lol. Sigh, of all the things to come to me. I didn't want to wait after the game for autographs but I decided to. Should've gone with my gut feeling, didn't end up getting anyone. A few guys did sign when driving off. Wheeler actually did sign but I was in the wrong spot. Could've been a much better day but I'm happy I at least got 2 of the guys I was hoping for. And I'm glad I got my photos done for the series. The 2 days I graphed it was interesting. If someone were to tell me that I'd get more photos than cards signed, or no cards whatsoever, there's no way I'd believe that. Well look how things ended up. Bad totals for me to finish the season but I'm happy it's all over. Up next, could be some hockey Thursday night. NY Giants are at home Sunday, so that's another possibility. Thanks for reading.

Too bad you couldn't get Piazza. That would have been sweet to get him signed on the night he was inducted. Cool on the other guys, though, although I have seen you have a lot better days.

Well I thought about doing the Pistons yesterday. At the last minute I decided not to go. Actually made the right decision. There was only 2 people there and Billups, Rasheed Wallace, Josh Smith and Greg Monroe didn't do it. Very shocked to hear. So I did the Jets postgame today. Got a bunch. And someone I almost forgot about. So I'm watching the game before I leave and I say to myself "Oh yeah that's right, Bill Cowher is part of the broadcast crew here for today." He's usually an analyst from the NY studios. Phil Simms does the games too. Grabbed a card for Simms and a blank for Cowher because I wasn't sure I'd actually see them. By the time I get there, the game had been over for a few minutes. I walk past the visitors gate to get to the Jets area. Just seconds within being there, Simms comes out and Cowher shortly after. I get Simms on his way to his ride, says to me that he has to hurry. Only person trying to get his auto. As I was occupied with Simms, I didn't even see where Cowher went. Then I saw a few Steelers fans trying to get his attention in the car. So...
Phil Simms 1/1
Good start so far. Now for the Jets:
To my 2013 Jets 8x10, I added Nick Folk, Oday Aboushi, Michael Campbell, William Campbell, Darrin Walls, Nick Bellore, Dawan Landry, Chris Ivory, Matt Simms, Jeremy Kerley, Damon Harrison, David Nelson, Calvin Pace, Tommy Bohanon, Willie Colon, Hayden Smith?, Garrett McIntyre, Vladimir Ducasse, Stephen Hill, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Ryan Quigley and David Harris.
IMG_20131013_193829_464_zps77eb31d2.jpg

IMG_20131013_193726_184_zps73c8d4fb.jpg

I was close to getting Santonio Holmes (shocker) and Geno Smith. Now about Hayden Smith (if it's him). He's #82. He was on the team last season and is not on the roster. After I got him, I wondered if it was someone on the practice squad or something. Maybe the Jets brought him back, who knows. On another note, Stephen Hill is so awesome with his fans. Really liking this guy more and more. Jets play the Patriots next week, might go back. Celtics and Heat play the Nets this week so I might do some pre-season graphing. Thanks for reading.

Very cool getting Phil Simms, and the rest of those guys too. Sounds like you had quite the day and got quite a few guys inked. Congrats!

Oh yes it was nice. Hope another decent commentator goes on soon.

Finally time for some basketball. Once again I'd start off the season with some Celtics preseason graphing. And once again I got the same guy to kick off the year.
Brandon Bass 1/2
Kelly Olynyk 8x10 (Told him I'm a big fan of him and he personalized)
MarShon Brooks 1/1
Courtney Lee 2/2
Broadcaster Cedric Maxwell 2/2
Gerald Wallace on 11/12 Nets 8x10 and card
Keith Bogans on 11/12 Nets 8x10 (Didn't have time to pull out a card)
IMG_20131015_195840_294_zps184aae72.jpg

IMG_20131015_200003_383_zpse412b77a.jpg

IMG_20131015_195929_067_zps061107da.jpg

Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, Jordan Crawford, Kris Humphries and Danny Ainge didn't sign. All the rookies signed. Wished them all my best. Appears Jeff Green and Dave Cowens didn't travel. Pretty good day, just great to do basketball again. Might do Heat Thurs. Devils and NY Jets coming over the weekend too. Thanks for reading.

I love taking a break from this thread, then come back to it and see how much you've added.. jawdropping amount. And so much awesomeness in this thread :cool:

Lol thanks a lot. Here's some more.

I love taking a break from this thread, then come back to it and see how much you've added.. jawdropping amount. And so much awesomeness in this thread :cool:

Watching this sweet Broncos/Colts game. Did pretty good after the Jets game. Fantastic win. Got a couple good ones, even a HOFer. Printed for him like 10 minutes before I got out of the house.
Dan Dierdorf 8x10 (Asked him to add HOF)
Then headed over to the Jets side.
Added Troy Davis, Santonio Holmes, Isaiah Trufant, Josh Cribbs, Brian Winters, Dee Milliner, Jeff Cumberland and Austin Howard to this year's team 8x10
Brady Quinn 1/1
Jeremy Kerley 1/1
Stephen Hill 1/1
Chris Ivory 1/1
IMG_20131020_195541_532_zps5afd8f9b.jpg

IMG_20131020_195442_667_zpsb32a835d.jpg

IMG_20131020_195631_297_zps11fb8c99.jpg

Others signed, some I didn't need, few that I didn't want to add to my item. Didn't expect to get Santonio. Was close to getting Geno again. Missed Josh Bush, maybe Kyle Wilson. Very nice day, always good when you get a HOFer. Unsure about the rest of the week. Could go into the city one day. Thursday night may do the Devils/Canucks postgame. Thanks for reading.

Did some graphing the past couple days. First up, did the T'Wolves and NY Jets yesterday. I really don't like doing all this on a Sunday, especially a football Sunday, but I just had to. Things didn't go as I planned. Let me just start off by saying I decided to do the Wolves for their morning shootaround. If I got everyone I needed my first chance, I'd go home, relax for a few hours and then go over for the Jets postgame. Well turned out they didn't leave for shootaround. I decided I might as well just stay there and see who I can get until I felt it was time to leave. I did well at least.
Rubio 8x10 (Only a few people there at the time, wasn't easy)
Scout Calvin Booth 2/2
Nikola Pekovic 8x10 (Wish I told him where to sign it)
Shabazz 8x10
JJ Barea 2/2
IMG_20131103_201511_205_zps15f1bc99.jpg

IMG_20131103_201726_806_zpsc7d5e9c6.jpg

IMG_20131103_201839_868_zps7000f962.jpg

IMG_20131103_202037_244_zps4a7c6a4b.jpg

Never saw Love unfortunately, ughhh. So then I rushed over to MetLife stadium, got there in good time. Only thing was I missed John Lynch by a few minutes. He was calling the game that week. Didn't get much this time. I actually did better earlier in the day.
Santonio Holmes 1/1
Added Antonio Allen, Sheldon Richardson and DeMario Davis to this season's 8x10
Also got Chris Ivory on a card for someone
IMG_20131103_202244_779_zps90342c2f.jpg

IMG_20131103_202136_648_zps57be59c3.jpg

Probably missed a couple guys. Not many people there for autographs this time so I had trouble with figuring out some players. Didn't see Geno. Now for today.
Went for the Anaheim Ducks. Also David Ortiz was appearing on Letterman, so gave that a shot too. So first I stopped by Letterman for about 30 min, just when I was about to leave for the Ducks, he got there. Didn't sign for anybody. On to the Ducks. Had a very good time.
Coach Dwayne Roloson 2/2
Cam Fowler 2/2
Andrew Cogliano 2/2
Broadcaster Brian Hayward 1/1
Dustin Penner 2/2
Corey Perry 8x10
Getzlaf 1/2
Jonas Hiller 8x10
IMG_20131104_194127_640_zpsfdb8bdf8.jpg

IMG_20131104_194436_620_zps4eaa3c31.jpg

IMG_20131104_194538_940_zpsf151ca09.jpg

Missed Matt Belesky and maybe a couple others. Never saw Scott Niedermayer. But an awesome way for me to start the season. After some of us went over for David Ortiz, we still had a little time. We had enough time. He also didn't sign for the crowd on the way out. Awesome day nonetheless, but Ortiz would've made it near perfect. Next I may do the NY Giants postgame and the Devils/Predators postgame Sunday. Thanks for reading.

Man as a Diamondbacks fan it is awesome to see who you got! would you be willing to trade or sell the goldschmidt mini helmet? Also living in Spokane and being a huge Gonzaga fan i have to say nice Olynyk! He does not have many signatures out right now!

Did the Blazers today, have skipped a few teams. Did as good as I could've done. Since Robin Lopez is on Portland, decided to make my Hornets Final Season team piece. Couldn't find any special logo for them so did my own thing. Really like it.
Earl Watson 2/2
Meyers Leonard 1/1
Broadcaster Antonio Harvey 1/1
Damian Lillard 8x10
Thomas Robinson 1/1
Hersey Hawkins 2/2
Dorell Wright 2/2
Wesley Matthews 2/2
Robin Lopez on 12/13 Hornets 8x10
C.J. McCollum on blank 4x6
LaMarcus Aldridge 8x10
IMG_20131118_194752_458_zps084a1429.jpg

IMG_20131118_194903_237_zpsdaaec0fc.jpg

IMG_20131118_194938_083_zpsaa8f6494.jpg

IMG_20131118_195026_292_zps4951d40c.jpg

Mo Williams was the only one to decline us. Batum sneaked on the bus while LaMarcus was signing. Missed Joel Freeland. Wish LaMarcus would've signed mine in a better spot...jeez. But still, was a very successful day. Also randomly saw Terry Crews for my 2nd time. Up next...well not much. Might do Giants Sunday, maybe hockey next week. We'll see. Thanks for reading.

Well my plans got a little messed up today. Ended up doing the Jets postgame. Got one of the guys I hoped for. And almost another...ugh so close.
Broadcaster Rich Gannon 8x10 (Asked for 2002 MVP)
Added Quinton Coples, Kyle Wilson and Jaiquawn Jarrett to 2013 Jets 8x10
IMG_20131201_190515_455_zps04864ba9.jpg

IMG_20131201_190639_682_zps2a71cb8e.jpg

Wasn't able to get Josh Bush, Clyde Gates. Geno and David Harris didn't sign, along with a few other regulars. Ed Reed actually signed but didn't want to sign my 8x10 of him as a Raven. "Nah I'm not signing that right now." -_-
Happy I got Gannon at least. Have to see if I do any graphing this week. Probably do Jets again next week. Thanks for reading.

Actually did some graphing today. Wanted to do the NY Jets Sunday but it was supposed to snow a little near the end of the game and beyond so I skipped that. I graphed the Nashville Predators today. Day full of uncertainty for me. Was supposed to snow this morning and end later in the afternoon. Close to 1 I discovered the snow would end at 3 so I decided to go, but you know you can't trust the weather. I was unsure if anyone would even be there but I risked it. I felt there would be at least a few there despite the uncertainty of when the snow may end. Plus it's been 2 years since Nashville played here so a few may need to come. Well it appeared there were no other graphers there by the time I saw a couple players leaving the hotel. But there was no bus in sight so I wondered what was up. Well I decided to look around the corner a little later and there was the bus. It was pretty odd, usually the bus would be right in front, only seen this happen once or twice. There were no graphers even by the bus...this was weird. This could be the day I finally get shutout. Then I saw #1 overall pick Seth Jones walking over to the bus. I heard he's not easy to get however, so I wondered what would happen. Well he signed my photo for me no problem, could've been because I was the only guy there. Few minutes later I finally found a grapher and then a minute later 2 others. Apparently they were around the rear of the hotel where they saw a few players. Well there was only one bus and we definitely didn't see the entire team. They left pretty early. Waited around and never saw a 2nd bus. So that was my day:
Seth Jones 8x10
IMG_20131210_192714_995_zps6e41fc9c.jpg

Bad day but at least I got one of the ones I hoped for. Figured my weakness of recognizing hockey players would burn me today, but oh well. Up next? Clippers and Blue Jackets come to town Thursday, highly doubt I end up going this time. Saturday, maybe the Devils/Lightning postgame. Sunday another possibility, NY Giants. We shall see, thanks for reading.

Did the Wizards today. It was around the freezing mark but it felt colder than I expected. Just hoped I could get Bradley Beal.
Jan Vesely 1/1
Beal 8x10
Nene 2/2
Coach Wittman 1/1
IMG_20131218_202546_095_zps8c61c216.jpg

IMG_20131218_202629_037_zpsd40238bd.jpg

I was the only person there. Ariza, Cassell, Eric Maynor and Wall didn't want to sign. Couple others I couldn't recognize, wasn't ready for Gortat. Me and broadcaster and Bullet legend Phil Chenier talked for a bit while he waited outside. Wish we could've talked a little more, really nice guy. Also saw Ernie Grunfeld, wasn't sure if he would travel. Should've brought my stuff of him. Up next I might do the Devils/Ducks Friday night. Also there's the Jets final home game Sunday. Thanks for reading.

Back