My Graphing Thread

Yep and today was even worse than yesterday. I had a serious feeling. So first, about yesterday. It definitely was a good atmosphere before the Futures game. Every player was signing. They mostly signed here and there, multiple short periods.

Dilson Herrera on program (Wasn't sure if I should get him on the cover or inside on his spot. After him decided to get them on the inside)
Jordan Lennerton in program
Henry Urrutia on Cuban flag 8x10 and in program
Andre Rienza in program

IMG02024_zps027e5791.jpg

IMG02025_zpsfdba84ea.jpg

IMG02031_zps985b3717.jpg

IMG02028_zps077e4f41.jpg

Just a few of the ones I wasn't able to get were Miguel Sano, Xander Bogaerts and Oscar Taveras. But after the game and before the softball game I couldn't get anything. Just wasn't in the right spot, way too crowded. Same thing after the game. Most of the signers ended up going on the visitors side. Should've tried to get over there sooner. Mike Piazza was doing a decent job signing. Only person I got outside was...

John Franco on mini helmet

Barely got him. Missed getting Kevin James twice outside. Kevin Millar signed but didn't know he'd be there. Now for today...

Huge waste. Wasn't early enough to get Jim Leyland and Alex Gordon. There's at least one other I can't remember at the moment. Later on Leyland wouldn't sign. I just hate that. Only person I got was...

Jason Kipnis 1/1

IMG02029_zps786afa27.jpg

Wainwright only signed a couple and didn't see Salvador Perez signing. Also missed Chris Sale, was somewhere else. Just want to forget about today. Only other thing was I got a picture with Tim Kurkjian. Tomorrow I'll be doing the last day of the FanFest. Jesse Orosco, Strawberry, Orlando Cepeda, Amos Otis, Rollie Fingers, Gaylord Perry and Juan Marichal will be there. Maybe I'll go for Orosco or Strawberry, depends on the timing. If I have the time to get all 4 HOFs that would be amazing, but we'll see...wish me luck. With these past couple days, I need it.

Well did the last day of FanFest at Javits Center. Everything went just how I hoped. Here was the schedule:

10-12

Jesse Orosco, Darryl Strawberry (Didn't try for him), Orlando Cepeda

2-4

Juan Marichal, Gaylord Perry, Amos Otis, Rollie Fingers

Everybody at different stations, except for Perry & Otis. Got there a little after 10. Checked out Orosco first, line was being prematurely cut off. After that I hopped onto Cepeda's line. Got him on a ball. I still had enough time for Orosco, got him on the 86 Mets piece and a card. A little afterwards I checked Marichal's station at 12:15. Few rows of people already waiting so I joined them. Got Marichal in 25-30 minutes once the signing started, added HOF 83. After that I got in Gaylord's line, shorter than Rollie's. Wasn't too long. Got him to put HOF 91. I had nothing for Amos Otis. By how things were going I was on pace to Fingers as well. And I did, with 15 minutes to spare. Added HOF 92 as I requested. Success, everything went as I planned for once. After done graphing I enjoyed some of the activities. Tons and tons to do. If you're a kid, would look amazing. I checked out some of the cards, they had a bunch of Perez Steele cards, not familiar with them but they feature players from decades ago. They were only 2 bucks so I decided to get a Hack Wilson, why not? Also decided to get a set of 3 All-Star coins from those penny cranks for 3 bucks. Also got a few other free things. So here's everything from today:

Orlando Cepeda SS ROMLB
Jesse Orosco on 86 Mets piece and card
Juan Marichal SS ROMLB w/ HOF 83
Gaylord Perry SS ROMLB w/ HOF 91
Rollie Fingers SS ROMLB w/ HOF 92

IMG02039_zpsea416b07.jpg

IMG02040_zpsfa747ecf.jpg

IMG02032_zpsa0d619ea.jpg

IMG02033_zps3655ab44.jpg

IMG02034_zpsd93dc6fb.jpg

IMG02035_zps1360a6e9.jpg

Quality over quantity today. And boy was it good. As for what's next...might go for the Mets and Phillies at Citi Friday. Might even go to the game, who knows. Thanks for reading.

Ok guys finally did the Mets today. Would've done the Braves hotel Monday but skipped on them. Also would've done the Mets last Friday but it was just too hot. Did alright for today.

Added Josh Edgin, Eric Young Jr, Carlos Torres, Jenrry Mejia, Andrew Brown, David Aardsma and Omar Quintanilla to 2013 Mets team 8x10
Daniel Murphy 1/1
Also got Quintanilla on a card
Tim Hudson on A's mini helmet
Evan Gattis on Braves mini helmet

IMG_20130724_180031_023_zps4d39ecd0.jpg

IMG_20130724_180241_349_zpsdd666748.jpg

IMG_20130724_180417_630_zpsfe684173.jpg

Missed Gonzalez Germen. Very pleased to get Tim Hudson, on an A's item especially. Up next for me, might do Rays Friday. Could go to Mets/Royals game next Friday. Thanks for reading.

Did the Rays today. Sort of average day.

Sam Fuld 2/2
Roberto Hernandez 2/2
Cesar Ramos 1/1
Kyle Farnsworth 1/1
Jeremy Hellickson 1/2
Kelly Johnson 2/2
Matt Moore on Rays mini helmet

IMG_20130726_171846_784_zps16c64c49.jpg

IMG_20130726_172323_924_zps8ccea190.jpg

Disappointed I couldn't get Price, looks like he shut it down at the hotel. Kind of still owes me one from last season. Missed Jamey Wright, Dave Martinez and Fernando Rodney. Price, Jose Molina, Jake McGee, Matt Joyce, James Loney, Yunel Escobar and Zobrist wouldn't sign. Longoria, Myers and Luke Scott probably snuck away. Couple of others signed, such as Chris Archer, Joe Maddon and Sean Rodriguez. Don't know if I'll be doing the final series for the Rays near the end of the season. Next week the Royals come. I think I'm going to go to the game next Friday to graph the Mets and Royals, that's it for the series. Maybe I'll go to a minor league game next week too, we'll see. Thanks for reading.

Ha, thanks but I wouldn't call it much of a success. Past couple months have been lousy, the bad outweighs the good. Today was no different. Good riddance baseball, won't miss ya.

Gets worse year by year, especially at hotels. Certainly sucks being a late-blooming grapher compared to the younger ones. My average was definitely higher last year compared to this year. Haven't had a double-digit session with one team since my last post. And that was barely.

Did the Rays today, was hoping to get at least one nice one. Spoiler alert: got players I've already gotten before.
Roberto Hernandez 2/2
Yunel Escobar 2/2
Hellickson 1/1
Zobrist 1/1
Coach Dave Martinez 1/1
Jamey Wright 1/2
Broadcaster Brian Anderson 1/1
Matt Moore 1/1
IMG_20130924_175221_302_zpsecb4e197.jpg

About 15 people there. I got an extra Chris Archer for somebody. (Hmm, I guess technically the spoiler alert was wrong) Price, Joyce, Loney, Jake McGee, Molina, Jennings and Luke Scott were some not to sign. Longoria and Myers snuck out another way. Maybe DeJesus also, said he'd sign later. Fernando Rodney didn't sign later on when only 4 of us there, was hoping to get him on my 8x10. Pretty average day, better then the last ones at least. First time I've gotten at least 10 in one session since my last post. And once again, that was barely lol. Thursday I'm looking to do the Brewers, maybe do the Rays late to try for Rodney again. Afterwards I'm gonna do something I haven't done in a few months, graph celebrities. Johnny Galecki is going to be on Letterman, going to print a Big Bang Theory themed 8x10 for him. Thanks for reading.

Interesting day. Sort of long and bad but what I got was good. Did the Brewers today. A possibility was leaving a little early to check out the Rays for mostly Fernando Rodney, since he usually leaves later. After that I'd head over to Letterman to see Johnny Galecki of Big Bang Theory. Well I was close to getting shutout, one of my closest times in the past few years. While doing the Brewers, nobody I needed really came out in the first few hours. My one autograph of the day:
Aramis Ramirez 8x10
IMG_20130926_185811_310_zps0920cedb.jpg

After I got Ramirez this one security guy for the hotel was complaining about the 3 of us loitering by the bus. Can't wait to hear what happens the next couple days. Anyway some of the others to sign before the bus came were Alfredo Figaro, Brandon Kintzier, Jimmy Nelson, Wily Peralta, Rob Wooten, Martin Maldonado and Logan Schafer. Just missed Gallardo boarding the bus by 1 sec. After that, hung out back in the front again briefly if we see anyone else. Never saw Segura, decided to check out the Rays. Only players I saw were Price and Molina. Yep, didn't even bother. In the 20 min didn't see Price come back out or Rodney at all so I decided it was time to head to Letterman. Got there at 3 to be early, well turns out he got there at 2. A little later Bono arrived and signed. Signed for a few minutes, if I actually had something for him, he would've gotten me. 90 minutes later Bono left, not signing this time. I hoped Bono would leave first, to draw some of the crowd away. A little later:
Johnny Galecki 8x10
IMG_20130926_185903_437_zps1f2d24a8.jpg

He signed down the line and got me at the very end. He was being rushed and thought he wouldn't get me but he listened to me. So today I got couple of the guys I hoped for. But bad autograph per hour ratio. As for what's next, trying to get good tickets for the season finale Sunday. Will be an interesting day. Hope I have a chance to get Segura and some of the other Brewers. Also Piazza is being inducted into the Mets HOF so we'll see what happens. Thanks for reading.

Thanks Mike, hilarious show. Wish me luck at the finale tomorrow guys. Not sure how I'm gonna do tomorrow, no telling. Will be an interesting day. And it will be a nice one.

Back