My Graphing Thread

Well yesterday was very nice. Was a little worried when I saw a sign saying one autograph per person per player and no pictures with but that wasn't really enforced. It only applied with Gooden (agent with him) and Gossage. All they provided were blank 4x6s. Bernie Williams had his own line and you can only get signed this 5x7 card they provided. I didn't bother going for him.

Wesley Walker 2/2 - 8x10 and card
Dwight Gooden 8x10
David Carr 3/3 (I had 2 cards and then asked if he'd mind signing another)
Mickey Rivers 4x6 (Also signed an 8x10 for my friend, I was very lucky to get him)
Sid Fernandez 3/3 - 86 Mets 8x10 and 2 cards
Sean Landeta 1/0
Kerry Kittles 2/2, 1/1 - 35th anniversary poster, 8x10 and card
Goose Gossage 8x10
Antrell Rolle 1/1

IMG01990_zpsca89a75b.jpg

IMG01991_zps4832adb6.jpg

IMG01992_zps9c812f9e.jpg

IMG01993_zps4ee57c2a.jpg

IMG01994_zps667b8776.jpg

IMG01995_zps3c833bb9.jpg
[
IMG01997-20130615-1741_zps757a950a.jpg

IMG01998_zps67d8e386.jpg

Tiki Barber was never up front signing. He was around though. Heard he had to leave early. I was lucky to even get Mickey Rivers. I was a few people away from getting him as he was getting up to finally leave. Luckily from where I was standing, he'd be walking right past me. He didn't sign for me initially but a grapher I've known for a while was working there and he told Mickey to sign for me. Afterwards is when I got Sid, Landeta and company. After I got Sid I talked to Landeta for a little, about how I saw him a couple years ago at Community Day at Darryl Strawberry's restaurant. Very nice guy. I told him that I was sorry I didn't have anything for him to sign and said that was no problem. He had a couple cards with him and signed one for me. After I got Gossage, I hung around checking out everything else. A lot of the guys held clinics. I wasn't able to get Antrell Rolle while I was waiting in line but he signed after his clinic wrapped up. A little before I left, I saw Gossage leaving. My friend had to leave early so I wanted to try and get his 8x10 signed. I called him and asked if he could sign. He said he already signed for me and I tried to explain it's for my friend. He said he got me a few times (?) but he signed (put HOF without asking) and then he signed for a few others. Well that was a sweet day. This week I might do the Dodgers a couple days and maybe the Rays later in the week. Thanks for reading.

Thanks guys, def some nice new additions for the collection. This is something I usually don't do but I skipped the Dodgers altogether. Could've tried on the off-day but didn't feel like going. Freaking Hank Aaron appeared that night and signed. Probably wouldn't have still been there then. Puig didn't sign all day. Anticipated a madhouse the next day so didn't bother. Looks like I'll be going for the Rays tomorrow.

There wasn't much for me to go for today. Mainly Wil Myers and Matt Moore. David Price wouldn't be there, beginning rehab starts.

Jamey Wright 2/3
Jose Molina 1/2
Roberto Hernandez 2/2
Coach Dave Martinez 1/1
Kyle Farnsworth 1/2
Alex Torres 1/1
Broadcaster Brian Anderson on 4x6 pic with (Asked him to put "The Crime Dog", cool story)
Yunel Escobar 1/1

IMG02000_zps3624332c.jpg

Wasn't able to get Hellickson and Moore. Couple others signed such as Chris Archer, Peralta, coach Maddon. Sam Fuld, Longoria, Matt Joyce, Kelly Johnson, James Loney, Myers, Rodney and Zobrist didn't sign. Next week might do the Rangers and NBA Draft. Thanks for reading.

Did the Texas Rangers and NBA Draft prospects yesterday. Long day, Rangers were almost a total waste. Checked out the prospects first, missed Trey Burke by 15 minutes. Was there for like 25 minutes then went for the Rangers. As soon as I got there David Murphy was signing, got him on 2 cards. Maybe 30 minutes later coach Dave Magadan signed. Got him on my '86 Mets 8x10 and a card. I could've just left after that, because that was the last guy I got.

IMG02009_zps349ba660.jpg

IMG02010_zpsf7667e80.jpg

There were maybe 10 people at most. I knew the team was bad but didn't think it would actually turn out this rough. There were a few guys we couldn't ID. Holland, Jurickson, Pierzynski, Jeff Baker, Berkman, Beltre, Kinsler, Nelson Cruz and Darvish were some that wouldn't sign. Ron Washington signed earlier and Geovany Soto signed a couple, couldn't get to him in time. On to basketball...that went a bit better.

Nerlens Noel on blank 8x10 (Did a signing)
Anthony Bennett on blank 4x6
Trey Burke 8x10 (Signing)
Gorgui Dieng on blank 4x6

IMG02013_zpsf9f3e3ed.jpg

Missed Oladipo unfortunately. Wasn't able to get Alex Len and Steven Adams. Their security's efforts were not necessary, c'mon. Got a couple good autos but it's not a good day when your autograph per hour ratio is below 1. Hopefully I can print the blanks after the right images surface in a few days. I don't know if I'll be doing anything for the draft tomorrow. Might do the Nationals on Friday though. Thanks for reading.

Noticed Harper wasn't with the team so I ended up doing the Nationals today. Glad I did, didn't attract many graphers. Have to try again next series.

Broadcaster F.P. Santangelo 1/1
Gio Gonzalez on mini helmet
Chris Marrero 1/1
Dan Haren 2/2
Denard Span 1/2
Ryan Zimmerman 1/1
Fernando Abad 1/1
Chad Tracy 2/2
Rafael Soriano 1/2

IMG02015_zpsbdd7974f.jpg

IMG02016_zps90be9061.jpg

Started out with only a few graphers so that really helped, there were just over 10 at most. Davey Johnson left a little early. Among the non-signers; Desmond, J Zimmerman, Lombardozzi, Rendon, Kurt Suzuki. Near the end Strasburg returned from golfing and wouldn't sign. When finally on his way, he wouldn't sign for the 4 of us, 2 of them teens. "At the stadium." Of course. Pleased with what I brought home. Up next for me are the Diamondbacks next week, really hope it's successful. Thanks for reading.

I sort of did the Diamondbacks at the last minute today. I considered yesterday but didn't with the rain etc. By the time I was in bed, it was still unknown if I would be going. I woke up as if I was going, to check the forecast. Didn't seem very promising so I went back to bed. Couple hours later I woke up and checked for the hell of it. T-storms were out of the equation and there'd barely be any rain. I actually thought about going, I still had a little time. I wouldn't be on time but I wouldn't be THAT late. Things looked pretty bad at first. I was late for some players and things weren't going my way. No lie, I thought I had a chance to get shutout. But things steadily got better:

Wil Nieves 2/2
Martin Prado 1/1 (Man he was rude to this teen)
Goldschmidt on mini helmet
Aaron Hill 1/2
Broadcaster Bob Brenly 1/1
Broadcaster Tom Candiotti 2/2

IMG02018_zpsadf0ab0e.jpg

IMG02019_zps42591473.jpg

Missed some when I got there: Bloomquist, Montero, Nagy and Turner Ward to name a few. Wade Miley, Cliff Pennington and Kubel didn't sign for me. Mad about Wade. Missed Don Baylor and Patrick Corbin (twice, didn't sign leaving). David Hernandez, Parra, Gregorious, Cody Ross and Tony Sipp were a few that didn't sign. Chavez wasn't around. About Prado...one of teens went after him and got him to sign. Prado said something like, "You better not fucking come near me tomorrow." Said nothing to me. So at least this all wasn't a total waste, got one of the ones I hoped for. No idea if I'm going tomorrow. It could be decided with a coin flip. Thanks for reading.

Hey guys how's it going? These next few days I'll be busy with All-Star Game related things here. Tomorrow I'm going to the Futures game and the legends/celebrity softball game afterwards. Should be a lot of fun. Monday I'll be graphing the All-Stars and Tuesday I'll be going to last day of the FanFest. Some of the guys I'm hoping to get are Orlando Cepeda, Juan Marichal and Gaylord Perry. For tomorrow, ton of people to go after. Would love to get Billy Hamilton. Bunch of former Mets such as Mike Piazza and John Franco. Rickey Henderson, Frank Thomas and Ozzie Smith are just a few of the other legends to name. Celebrities there include Chris Rock, Kevin James, George Lopez, Ashanti, Nelly (not sure anymore) and Alyssa Milano. I have no idea how I'll do tomorrow but I should be in store for a nice day. Wish me luck.

Good luck. Sounds like it's going to be a great opportunity. Hopefully you'll be able to come home with a nice collection.

Crappy day. Got few of the Futures, tried mostly for the World players. Couldn't get anybody before the softball game. It was so packed all around. Just wasn't in the right spot. Only got one person after the game. I will post more about it tomorrow night maybe. Tomorrow will be graphing the All-Stars, hope it'll be better than today but probably not.

Back