My Custom Sports Card Creations

If it helps for content for the Yankee Henderson card. He was an AS every year he was there 85-89 (so he would be in the 80's decade for the text/design of the Yankee stadium legacy card) and he won the Silver Slugger in 1985.

OK, here is the Post Rickey Henderson. I was able to do it really quick because I used the Ichiro as a template. On this one, I again added my logo to the back. The Post cards had full color MLBPA logos in the middle next to the players name...so I used the full real color version of my logo for this one.

#87 1993 Post Rickey Henderson
02k9Mvh.jpg

Tal, I will play around with the design for the Yankees Legacy card but it's kinda complicated so it might take me a bit to do that one. Any particular game that I should use? Was there a particular game that Henderson had at Yankee Stadium that stands above the rest?

WOW! The Henderson Post card looks amazing! I cant wait until fall to get a hard copy! I will look for information on the Henderson YSL card.

How about September 30, 1988? When Ricky set the New York Yankees single season stolen base record, against the Detroit Tigers, when he stole 3rd base off of Jack Morris, and Matt Nokes. Ironically, Nokes wound up playing for the Yankees in 1990.

How about September 30, 1988? When Ricky set the New York Yankees single season stolen base record, against the Detroit Tigers, when he stole 3rd base off of Jack Morris, and Matt Nokes. Ironically, Nokes wound up playing for the Yankees in 1990.

Great game and great record for Henderson. However the card set design is Yankee Stadium Legacy. There was a card made for all 6600+ games played at old Yankee stadium. This game was played at Tiger Stadium. So it would not fit the set/design. Thanks though!

OK, I went back and re-read the post. I thought you were looking for any landmark game that Ricky played in as a Yankee. Then maybe you want to use April 12, 1989? Probably one of the most important dates in Yankee Stadium history, (I got to go down under the stadium, to the Yankees locker room that morning, while I was working)! Oh, and on a side note. That night, Ricky had 2 Runs Scored, 2 RBI's, and 2 Stolen Bases, and the Yankees beat the Blue Jays 5-3:cigar:

Here are a couple more that I have finished recently:

The first one is the continuation of the 1967 Topps Special Edition cards commemorating Oregon's appearance in major bowl games. This one features QB Darron Thomas in the 2011 BCS National Championship

#88 1967 Topps Special Darron Thomas
F6Lqtml.jpg

Up next is my next installment for my custom designed 1986 Topps USFL "what if set."

#89 1986 Topps USFL Steve Young
KlFe5Tv.jpg

Last edited:
OK Tal...here is the Yankee Stadium Legacy Rickey Henderson. This was a fun one...definitely a challenging design.

#90: 2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy Rickey Henderson
DMRMgrW.jpg

Love love love it! (not that it is on tee cards at all, but the YSL set came out in 2003)

Love love love it! (not that it is on tee cards at all, but the YSL set came out in 2003)
I'm glad you like it. It was a more challenging one but very rewarding.

I think they actually came out in 2008. All the research I did indicated that...plus Yankee Stadium closed in 2008.

If I'm wrong let me know...I will need to change a small spot of text on the back.

Here are a couple quick ones I did today.

As I have said many times in the past, mt favorite event in sports history was the 1995 Rose Bowl where my Ducks were defeated by Penn State. These two cards commemorate the MVP awards from that game.

#91 1984 Topps Danny O'Neil IR
mlnxu92.jpg

#92 1984 Topps Ki-Jana Carter IR

AahF2ZW.jpg

Last edited:
Back