HELP! What do I Do About eBay?

cinderr

Bench Warmer
Years ago, I signed up for eBay, can't even remember why. So now when I try to get in, because I don't remember my user name, my old email at AOL, or my password, I get a lot of grief and no help! I would love to post on that site and possibly make purchases. What do I do? I can't even close that account because I don't know my name!

OK, you don't remember your user name there, your old AOL email account, your passwords...and want to close the account.

I'd let it go lol

There are a couple things you can do though, if you simply MUST have that account back.

One is to contact eBay support and explain all this to them.

The problem is, even if they have your name there's no real way for them to confirm any accounts using that name are yours. Your name and the physical address you used back then to set-up the account may be helpful though.

Still, they may not be able to do anything with the miniscule amount of verification you have that the account is indeed yours. They can't go around letting people access accounts, or closing people's accounts without verifying exactly who's account it actually is, and I have no idea if just a name and physical address will help you out here. Still, it doesn't take long to write this out there and send it in, so that's what I'd do if I were you.

If that doesn't work, let it live on as an orphaned user-name, and start a new account...if you want one.

If you do start a new account, try to keep the information like passwords and user-names somewhere where it won't be lost, and no one else will find easily. A sock drawer or a shoe-box in your closet or something.

I wouldn't worry about closing the account. Unless you have money in that account, just let it be and create a new account.

Back