All star game

Batman1641

Rookie
Transactions: 10
I understand everything Fox did to give Jeter a nice farewell. But honestly you don't mention anything about Tony Gwynn? I thought maybe when they were talking about the stand up 2 cancer they might say something about him. I am very disappointed with Fox and MLB for not taking this opportunity to honor a great man. Steinbrenner died the same day as the all star game and they did a tribute to him. And yet nothing for Gwynn. I like the article Yahoo did about it and I enjoyed hearing Colin Cowheard talk about it today. Just find it hard to believe there was no video or even a mention of his name.

I didn't watch any of the hype last night. The first few reports I saw were just praises of Jeter, with no mention of the actual game, but it was assumed that the AL did win from the headlines. It wasn't until I heard a radio sports update on one of the news stations that I got an actual score of the game. No disrespect to Mr. Jeter, but the whole media "retirement circus" is not needed. I'm not a Yankees fan and hearing Jeter this and Jeter that doesn't settle well with me. Same thing happened last year with Chipper Jones retirement. Reminds me of the Circus that was around the league in 2007 when a member of the Giants a Mr. Barry Bonds was chasing a certain record. If was odd how right after the hour long (well maybe only 45 minutes) worth of a "look at what I did" game delay - that was not needed- the game resumed and the circus left the MLB.

Back