AndyDrummond

MVP
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Live link to the randomization video:

IMG_9043.jpeg
Hey all,

I’ve been staring at this one for a few weeks now and I don’t think I’m gonna break it…so let’s talk some baseball. Tell me how you’re feeling about your team a quarter of the way through the season. What do they need? Are they contenders? Should they call up that star prospect?

Anyone who jumps into the conversation will get an entry…we’ll draw Sunday night after the ESPN game and winner gets the blaster.

-Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
1. NateisMe123
2. kclj520
3. gestes72
4. bfd13
5. kpit1978
6. LarryG
7. Journeyman
8. Waltdii
9. DaSoxFan
10. BarJack34
11. rtjsr
12. Mealticket
13. Dececollects
14. Darkman

Last edited:
I'm still super confident that the Phillies can go far. But as of now they're extremely frustrating. Trea Turner looks like Castellanos did last year. The starting pitching, although getting better has been a real struggle and there are no real options in the minors to help right now. No pitching depth AT ALL. It feels like the 5th starter is just going to be a mix of guys through the season who have no business being major league starting pitchers. With that said I don't really want them to go out and trade for a big time pitcher because I want Painter to have a spot in the rotation when (if) he gets healthy. I really feel like any day now Turner and Schwarber are going to pick it up along with a healthy Harper and this offense will carry the team to a wildcard. From there, anything can happen as the Phillies proved last season.

I'm still super confident that the Phillies can go far. But as of now they're extremely frustrating. Trea Turner looks like Castellanos did last year. The starting pitching, although getting better has been a real struggle and there are no real options in the minors to help right now. No pitching depth AT ALL. It feels like the 5th starter is just going to be a mix of guys through the season who have no business being major league starting pitchers. With that said I don't really want them to go out and trade for a big time pitcher because I want Painter to have a spot in the rotation when (if) he gets healthy. I really feel like any day now Turner and Schwarber are going to pick it up along with a healthy Harper and this offense will carry the team to a wildcard. From there, anything can happen as the Phillies proved last season.
Turner is one of my favorite players and I drafted him in the first round for our fantasy league. I’m sure he’ll figure it out, he’s too good not to.

I am confident that the Phillies may well make another deep run into the postseason....the Cardinals started off just TERRIBLY, but have started to pick up some momentum, but we are so far down in the standings at the moment, not sure if we can climb back from last place...its a LONG season though!

Going to see the Royals-Nationals game in K.C. next Friday, super excited, though both teams are in the bottom of their respective divisions as well...hey, somebody's gotta win!!

Thanks @AndyDrummond !!

I am confident that the Phillies may well make another deep run into the postseason....the Cardinals started off just TERRIBLY, but have started to pick up some momentum, but we are so far down in the standings at the moment, not sure if we can climb back from last place...its a LONG season though!

Going to see the Royals-Nationals game in K.C. next Friday, super excited, though both teams are in the bottom of their respective divisions as well...hey, somebody's gotta win!!

Thanks @AndyDrummond !!
It has definitely been a rough go for our Cardinals to say the least

Yankees fan. Looks like Judge is going to have another monster year and I think Volpe will be in contention for ROY by season’s end but after Cole the pitching is suspect so I don’t think they will even make the playoffs especially if the O’s continue to improve.

Yankees fan. Looks like Judge is going to have another monster year and I think Volpe will be in contention for ROY by season’s end but after Cole the pitching is suspect so I don’t think they will even make the playoffs especially if the O’s continue to improve.
You’ll be fine as long as they keep stealing signs

I've been impressed with the Twins' starting pitching, especially the depth with young guys coming up from the minors to contribute.
The offense has been questionable, with guys like Carlos Correa and Max Kepler largely being non-factors. They should still win the A.L. Central, but that's not a huge achievement this season.

Overall the Jays are in a decent position at the quarter mark but the consistency hasn't been there. While it's been great to see Berrios and Kikuchi turn it around after how rough last year was we're going to need Manoah and Springer to find their groove if we're going to have a chance to do some damage when it counts.
Other than a rocky first start Bassit has been as advertised, the big additions (including Whitfield who came over last year) have provided a good blend of contact and speed.
It'll be interesting to see what happens with Matt Chapman. It would be great to see the Jays resign him but with Vladdy still needing to get paid Chapman may be playing his way past what the Jays can afford. That $25 million a year tied up with Springer hurts for what the return has been but at least the $20 million a year that Ryu is getting will be off the books at the end of the season.

Overall the Jays are in a decent position at the quarter mark but the consistency hasn't been there. While it's been great to see Berrios and Kikuchi turn it around after how rough last year was we're going to need Manoah and Springer to find their groove if we're going to have a chance to do some damage when it counts.
Other than a rocky first start Bassit has been as advertised, the big additions (including Whitfield who came over last year) have provided a good blend of contact and speed.
It'll be interesting to see what happens with Matt Chapman. It would be great to see the Jays resign him but with Vladdy still needing to get paid Chapman may be playing his way past what the Jays can afford. That $25 million a year tied up with Springer hurts for what the return has been but at least the $20 million a year that Ryu is getting will be off the books at the end of the season.
I think the bright spot for you guys has definitely been Bichette finally living up to the hype.

Back