Football Who has had the best off-season in the NFL.

Rukkus said:
The Giants.

We did not over pay any of the players that wanted an obsurd amount of money and let them go.

We kept those that want to help the team and have the same vision as our late owner Wellington Mara.

We are keeping everything the same and not changing anything.

GO GIANTS!

Only good moves if Manning stays on his hot streak... if not, the only reason they'll make the playoffs is because they're in the NFC.

marinocollector said:
Only good moves if Manning stays on his hot streak... if not, the only reason they'll make the playoffs is because they're in the NFC.
Are you serious?

1st) Giants can make the playoffs without Eli being hot.

2nd) Giants could make the playoffs in the AFC without eli being hot (see Tennessee Titans of 07).

3rd) AFC is not nearly as good as it was a couple years ago.

4th) To be the best you have to beat the best and we did that and we will do it again.

HAIL NY!!

Rukkus said:
Are you serious?

1st) Giants can make the playoffs without Eli being hot.

2nd) Giants could make the playoffs in the AFC without eli being hot (see Tennessee Titans of 07).

3rd) AFC is not nearly as good as it was a couple years ago.

4th) To be the best you have to beat the best and we did that and we will do it again.

HAIL NY!!

1st) Because they are in the NFC

2nd) Maybe, but not without Eli being hot.

3rd) And how would you figure this? I love statements without justification or proof.

4th) The Pats lost to you because they kept looking for the wide open down field. The big drive they had to stay in the game they did quick passes and moved up field. Bad coaching and bad choices by Brady.

I wanted to see Eli win cuz I think he may end up winnning more in the long run than his brother... still... the Giants only won because of Eli playing darn near perfect football in the playoffs and can only do it it again if Eli does the same.

marinocollector said:
1st) Because they are in the NFC

2nd) Maybe, but not without Eli being hot.

3rd) And how would you figure this? I love statements without justification or proof.

4th) The Pats lost to you because they kept looking for the wide open down field. The big drive they had to stay in the game they did quick passes and moved up field. Bad coaching and bad choices by Brady.

I wanted to see Eli win cuz I think he may end up winnning more in the long run than his brother... still... the Giants only won because of Eli playing darn near perfect football in the playoffs and can only do it it again if Eli does the same.
The Giants front 7 is what kept them in the game!!! If Eli was "So hot" shouldn't they have won by 30?
You must not have watched too many of the Giants playoff games. The defense did most of the work! We never blew anyone out.

As for the AFC youR telling me that the Charges are as good with Rivers at QB than Brees? Or maybe the younger Pats Defense? Maybe when Marvin Harrison could play through a bruised leg? How is that for your "justification"?

I realize you may not be watching football much anymore because I'm guessing your a Dolphins fan but maybe you should brush up on it before posting simple statements of how ELI MUST BE HOT FOR GIANTS TO WIN ANYTHING!

Rukkus said:
The Giants front 7 is what kept them in the game!!! If Eli was "So hot" shouldn't they have won by 30?
You must not have watched too many of the Giants playoff games. The defense did most of the work! We never blew anyone out.

As for the AFC youR telling me that the Charges are as good with Rivers at QB than Brees? Or maybe the younger Pats Defense? Maybe when Marvin Harrison could play through a bruised leg? How is that for your "justification"?

I realize you may not be watching football much anymore because I'm guessing your a Dolphins fan but maybe you should brush up on it before posting simple statements of how ELI MUST BE HOT FOR GIANTS TO WIN ANYTHING!

Yes, the Chargers are as good... their record proves it.... rivers may not have the arm, but arm strength is not the only thing that makes a qb... and brees didnt exactly tear it up this year... in a weak NFC... and the pats defense is actually not that bad... sure a couple linebackers are aging... but its not like talented linebackers are becoming a scarcity... their bend dont break style got them pretty deep in the playoffs... almost won them a super bowl... compliments their offense nicely...
also, love you referrencing a 35 years old who's played 13-14 years of pro football... lets ignore the Steelers... the Broncos... The up and coming Browns... The Jaguars... bengals... the Titans, who may have just off seasoned themselves out of a season this year, but setting themselves up for later. The Bills who are getting better...

While the NFC has.... Romo and a bunch of teams depending on young unproven QBs to lead their teams now or in the near future... Packers, Eagles, 49ers, Bears, Redskins, Vikings, Lions, Panthers (assuming Moore is starting sooner than later), Bucs, Cardinals, Falcons

As a Giants fan, I am sure you were able to watch Eli and how well he did during all those home games... the ones where he didnt do so hot, and the team lost EVERY TIME. The fact of the matter is, the Giants have a great defense, but when Eli wasnt throwing the way he did in every playoff game, they lose. If Eli was the QB making mistakes instead of Favre, Romo, and Brady... all your defense did would have gone to waste... face it... Eli is why you won, because Eli is the Giants only liability, and when he is off... the Giants are awful.

Back