Which Manning would you take?

I agree, the comparison is so far from being close that there really isn't a need to compare. However if you want a comparison we can compare this year's stats. Stats that are average for peyton and the best ever for eli.

Completion percentage Peyton
Passing yards Peyton
Yards per attempt Peyton
Touchdowns Peyton
Interceptions (least) Peyton
1st downs Peyton
Sacks (least) Peyton
Sacks (least yards) Peyton

Peyton lead all categories basically and passed 15 less times. This was with his #1 receiver out for the whole season basically and injuries all around him. This would be in a pretty average year for Peyton and the best ever for Eli.

I call 250 yards and efficient to boot in -24 wind chill an amazing game not just good or great. He knows how to manage his team. Can anyone tell me the only team to ever win 10 roads games in row ding ding ding the New York Football Giants. Now im in no way shape or form a giants fan. My Father and gradnfather would be rolling over in there graves if a philly boy rooted for the Giants! He has turned the corner i believe and honestly hes got better overall skills then Peyton and he doesnt have the head Peyton does or did at this point in his career!!

Is this even a serious question? Eli isnt close to Peyton...Just because Eli has been on a hot streak doesnt make him better than Peyton...Peyton will be in the HOF for sure but you cant say the same for Eli. Peyton might be one of the best to ever play the game and you can probably say that now that he will be one of the best ever...Eli on the other hand...there isnt even talk about him being one of the greatest ever...

Seriously...they are leaning towards Eli just because he makes the superbowl...I mean they arent going to win it...they dont match up well against the Pats. And your saying Eli has a better hot streak going...Did you guys forget about the Colts going undefeated....Before the Patriots did it the colts almost did it...but im pretty sure all the Front runners forgot about that...Eli is soooo streaky, few weeks he can throw 4 TDs 400 yrs a game then the next few he can throw 6 INTs and 3 fumbles...Hense the Giants Season Records the past few years....Peyton Constantly has 10+ wins, no one else controls the game better than Peyton not even Tom Brady...

Pejarox7620 said:
Seriously...they are leaning towards Eli just because he makes the superbowl...I mean they arent going to win it...they dont match up well against the Pats. And your saying Eli has a better hot streak going...Did you guys forget about the Colts going undefeated....Before the Patriots did it the colts almost did it...but im pretty sure all the Front runners forgot about that...Eli is soooo streaky, few weeks he can throw 4 TDs 400 yrs a game then the next few he can throw 6 INTs and 3 fumbles...Hense the Giants Season Records the past few years....Peyton Constantly has 10+ wins, no one else controls the game better than Peyton not even Tom Brady...

Funny you should say they dont match up well, is that why the giants came closer to beating the pats than any other team all season ? the score was 38-35, Eli at this point is not better than peyton and im not trying to say that but watch out for the superbowl 3 times the giants were underdogs in this postseason and the won all 3 games no one thought the giants recivers would match up with any of tampa's dallas's or GB's corners and plexico did just fine didnt he ? oh and so did amani toomer.. giants were #1 this season in sacks and who was number 2 oh the pats, no one gives the giants D anywhere near the credit they deserve and the same goes for the offense.

I don't know still... I never truly was sold on Peyton... don't think I ever will be honestly.... I feel a quarterback should be the one the team leans on when the games are must win... and Peyton has only done that once in his entire football career and that was last years AFC Championship game. I am not really sold on Eli either.... but I do think he has less weapons at this point in his career than Peyton had... and he's winning games he shouldn't be winning with flawless performances... that is the main reason I brought up this discussion. I see the points of the Pro-Peytons.... but a lot of invalid comments in the arguments make it hard to swing me.

The best offense is a good Defense and Peyton never had a really good defense, and what happens he wins the superbowl....The only reason the Giants are making as far as they are is their defense which i admit good but so are the patriots, but what seperates them are the offense and the patriots offense is in a league of their own. Also your saying the Giants offense doesnt get what they deserve...They dont really have a high powered offense ranked 16th in yards, 21st in pass (Eli Manning), and 14th in Points...they dont deserve an recognition for their offense, Their Defense yeah ok they get some recognition for their front 4 but they give up way to many points 17th in the league. If you look at Peyton's team Passing Offense ranked 6th Points 3rd and Yards 5th , now the question to this Post was Which Manning would you take not Which team....I would definately take Peyton Manning over Eli anyday, Give Peyton the Giants defense then you have something, but u take Peyton and Giants defense and what do you get? Pretty much the Patriots this year..Im sorry but theres no way the Giants are going to win...for one they dont have the experience of the big game, two they are overpowered on offense, three Eli being the first time in the big time will crumble under the big lights to the Patriots relentless defense. The line right now is only -13 for the Pats and if you ask me thats way too low, it should be more around 15-17. The Patriots will score in the high 30s maybe even the 40s and the Giants will struggle on offense scoring at the most in the 20s.

Pejarox7620 said:
The best offense is a good Defense and Peyton never had a really good defense, and what happens he wins the superbowl....The only reason the Giants are making as far as they are is their defense which i admit good but so are the patriots, but what seperates them are the offense and the patriots offense is in a league of their own. Also your saying the Giants offense doesnt get what they deserve...They dont really have a high powered offense ranked 16th in yards, 21st in pass (Eli Manning), and 14th in Points...they dont deserve an recognition for their offense, Their Defense yeah ok they get some recognition for their front 4 but they give up way to many points 17th in the league. If you look at Peyton's team Passing Offense ranked 6th Points 3rd and Yards 5th , now the question to this Post was Which Manning would you take not Which team....I would definately take Peyton Manning over Eli anyday, Give Peyton the Giants defense then you have something, but u take Peyton and Giants defense and what do you get? Pretty much the Patriots this year..Im sorry but theres no way the Giants are going to win...for one they dont have the experience of the big game, two they are overpowered on offense, three Eli being the first time in the big time will crumble under the big lights to the Patriots relentless defense. The line right now is only -13 for the Pats and if you ask me thats way too low, it should be more around 15-17. The Patriots will score in the high 30s maybe even the 40s and the Giants will struggle on offense scoring at the most in the 20s.
I disagree with the opinion its only the Giants D that has got them this far... Eli is making amazing throws.... Honestly, he's made zero mistakes in the playoffs and he gets no credit? Personally, I could care less about teams stats from the regular season to compare the qbs.... And you dont have to mix and match teams... I agree the Giants would have a better regular season if Peyton was their QB... but not be able to get to the Super Bowl... because the Giants only won because Eli is playing perfect... Peyton who would do better overall... would lose because he would make one or two costly mistakes like he does every big game. I think Eli would be able to do just as well with 3-4 big time receivers on his team like Peyton has... Do I think the Giants win... honestly I don't know.... and I am one of the biggest supporters for the Patriots to go perfect on this site.... just when I watched Eli doing what he was doing... I can see the bend don't break Patriots getting some points run up on them... kinda like the season finale. I think this is going to be a Super Bowl for the ages... and I think if Eli can turn his streaky play into more consistency like his brother... I am willing to say Eli would be the right choice... because like Joe Montana and Tom Brady, Eli has played at another level when it has mattered most. Will he continue... I don't know...

I guess what I am wondering right now, would everone take a better QB who can't win the big games or will they take a QB who can get incredibley hot and win when needed?

peyton is the better should not even be a debate check the stats and peyton won 2 big games last year unless you dont count the superbowl
as for eli take away ther runnung game and what left for the giants eli can carry his own bags never mind carry a team
peyton can win or lose a game all on his arm

tguillotte said:
peyton is the better should not even be a debate check the stats and peyton won 2 big games last year unless you dont count the superbowl
as for eli take away ther runnung game and what left for the giants eli can carry his own bags never mind carry a team
peyton can win or lose a game all on his arm
Manning cant win or lose a game on his arm alone... take away his running back you have the same problems... and you can say that for any quarterback in the NFL except Marino.
And Manning didnt win the Super Bwol and shouldnt have been super bowl mvp.... addai should have or bob sanders.

Back