Baseball Whats the secret?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcrich50

Bench Warmer
I've noticed looking through a lot of buckets that everybody has quite a few GUs and autos. These are new to me anyway because I'm just getting back into the hobby but I was just wondering what the secret was to finding them. I've only come up with 4 in the past 6 months. If there is a secret or if i'm just unlucky I could sure use the advice thanks.

Ain't no secret, just surf ebay. I haven't busted a box since 2001. If you you are looking for something specifically post an add for it on here or look on ebay. Your chances of getting it in a box are slim to none.

I had a guy at a hobby store tell me that people come in and feel all the packs then buy the ones that feel thicker. But I'm new at this again its been quite a few years so i'm tryin to take all the advice I can. Thanks for the replies

That is true and most of the time it is the shop owner. I even knew one that would weigh the packs and open the heavier ones. Not saying they all do this, but my local grease ball was doing that.

bcrich50 - what you are talking about is called pack searching.....it is completely shady and unethical. in essence the good packs are removed from boxes, and the box is left with no "hit".

No further discussion needed as it is NOT something you want to be a part of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back