What to do, regarding Topps

horfin

Veteran
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
IN 2022 I bought my son a box of 2021 Bowman's Best. He pulled a redemption card of Marcello Meyer. He was so excited it was a red parallel, Numbered out of 5.

Without any notice I received a text from FedEx on Monday saying a package was coming to me from Mesquite, Texas. I figured it was from topps. I logged into my account and it showed no open redemptions and in my redemptions it showed: "topps chrome adley rutschman"

I got the package today it was a Topps chrome rookie auto of Adley Rutschtman #d of 499.

I never requested a sub and in my opinion a #'d of 499 of AR is not a equal or greater value as a #'d of most stars and definitely not Marcello Meyer.

What is everyone's opinion?

Thanks!
Bill

I have an open redemption, now open for about a year, and I have been reading many blog posts regarding the program. It is wholly mismanaged from what I can ascertain. Redemptions are created for product not in hand, and Topps seems greatly disinterested in filling their commitments, certainly not in a timely manner. Substitutions are made without request, almost at random it seems as their is little regard for value parity. My redemption is for a dual auto card from two prominent O' rookies but I hold diminished hope that is what I will receive. And there appears no channel open to dispute, or even question, the substitution you eventually receive. This is a program that only creates ill will towards Topps.

Back