"Request Sub" from Topps

Criollos

MVP
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Hi everyone:

I have been waiting for this redemption since early May 2023:

Framed Autograph Card of JOE MAUER from 2022 Topps Gold Label

It just popped up in my page at Topps.com the alternative to "Request a Sub". I would like to know from any of you if you have ever opted to receive a sub instead of the card you pulled, and what was the experience. I know Mauer is potentially a HOF player and it would be nice to have it, but for me it will be trade bait since I don't collect him or Twins.

Thank you for sharing your experience with me.

Luis

Hi Luis,

I'm still waiting on a dual Ripken/Murray auto that @grapler135s pulled for me and saw the same option pop up. I looked around and all the comments I could find sounded pretty disappointed in what they ended up with as replacements.

Hi Luis,

I'm still waiting on a dual Ripken/Murray auto that @grapler135s pulled for me and saw the same option pop up. I looked around and all the comments I could find sounded pretty disappointed in what they ended up with as replacements.

Yes, thanks. That's what I have gathered so far. Curious to hear if anyone has had a good experience with it.

I haven't ever used any Topps redemptions but from what I've heard the replacements are usually terrible and nowhere near in value.

I’m nervous after reading this. I had a 2021 Topps Chrome Black Mariano Rivera auto #/25 that I was waiting on for a long time. A couple months ago I gave up and hit the “request a substitute” thinking I’d rather have something decent in hand rather than wait for something that was never going to come. But now I feel like they’re probably going to send me a 1/1 Yermin Mercedes RC auto or something. 😬

The one time I hit Request a Sub after waiting about a year for a card, I was surprised when the original card actually showed up instead of a substitute about a week later. Go figure.

I don’t think I’ve requested a replacement yet. Although my son has a nice Kyle Tucker patch auto that we redeemed what feels like 10 years ago and we might opt for a replacement on that one.

I've heard so much worse with Panini than Topps, however, I've not had one that did not get redeemed within a few weeks/months with the actual card. Please post what happens!

I requested a sub for a card three months ago thinking it would all be over soon. Wrong, still pending three months later.

Well, the Mauer auto is finally coming:

Topps Redemption Fulfillment <[email protected]>

Hello Luis,

Topps Redemption Fulfillment is preparing to ship one (or more) of your redemptions with an expected shipping date of 9/8/2023
@Criollos

That is great news! Better late than never, I guess!!

Cheers!

Kevin

PS: In other related news, after reading this thread, I just remembered that I sent in some redemptions in about 2013 that I never received!! No hurry!

Back