Baseball USA Baseball loses in first Olympic game against Korea, 8-7

Johan Santana #57

Bench Warmer
I didn't get a chance to watch, but seems they had no problem scoring runs. They have a few more games which look winnable but they are very young. Any one think they can get a medal out of it??

At best i think that they'll make 5th or 6th, i'm not being mean i'm just saying that i don't think that they are going to fair well against other teams. Look the USA Baseball Team is facing the same predicament that the Miracle On Ice Olympic Hockey Team of 1980 faced. Here we have no offense, but a bunch of rag-tag players from the minors who have had very little Major League expeirience and the other teams have all the best players from their respective countries. It would be different if all the Stars from the Majors would play but they can't due to the Season going on. So no in the end i don't think the USA Baseball team will get a Medal, they're just far too inexpeirienced enough to compete at this level. You never know though we could see another Miracle "The Miracle At Beijing" Would'nt that be something to show the Olympic panel in Olympic Baseball's last year in competition. GO USA!!!-2008 Beijing Olympics

Back