Trading On Social Media

AndyDrummond

MVP
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Hi all,

I‘m just curious how many of our members are using Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc…to make trades or help with their collections. I get a lot of great trades and deals, especially on vintage stuff for my set building from Facebook and Twitter personally. I have a great vintage network on Twitter and would be happy to get any other vintage collectors involved there. If you’re already there, my handle is @ADBallcards…follow me an let me know who you are.

I would love to get some of our members connected to @sportscardclub on Twitter where we are pretty active and our Facebook Group. We’re working to bring more members to the site and more interaction would really help.

Curious to hear what you all think. Any feedback is welcome!

Thanks,
Andy

I have never traded on FB - would be curious to see how it would work out. What types of groups are available? And how do you find them?

Personally, I don't trade on social media. I trade almost exclusively here now, although I do make the occasional trade on other forums from time to time if I need/want something bad enough to expand my horizons. If I can't find what I'm looking for in a trade, most of the time I'll just get it on eBay, COMC and SportLots, although with the slow shipping I've been getting from SportLots lately, that may come to a halt soon.

I have never traded on FB - would be curious to see how it would work out. What types of groups are available? And how do you find them?
Hey Andy,

You can do some searching and find them, but since you’re a set builder like me I would suggest a couple:

Baseball Set Builders Unite!

Baseball Set Builders - Keep it real!

I’ve made a lot of good deals in both of those groups. I would also encourage anyone to check out Twitter. It takes a while to get going there since you’re kinda on your own, but some of the best folks I’ve met outside forums like SCC are there.

Andy

PS - If you need vouches to join you can drop my name

Hey Andy,

You can do some searching and find them, but since you’re a set builder like me I would suggest a couple:

Baseball Set Builders Unite!

Baseball Set Builders - Keep it real!

I’ve made a lot of good deals in both of those groups. I would also encourage anyone to check out Twitter. It takes a while to get going there since you’re kinda on your own, but some of the best folks I’ve met outside forums like SCC are there.

Andy

PS - If you need vouches to join you can drop my name

Thanks - will take a look at those 2 groups and see how things go.

Hi all,

I‘m just curious how many of our members are using Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc…to make trades or help with their collections. I get a lot of great trades and deals, especially on vintage stuff for my set building from Facebook and Twitter personally. I have a great vintage network on Twitter and would be happy to get any other vintage collectors involved there. If you’re already there, my handle is @ADBallcards…follow me an let me know who you are.

I would love to get some of our members connected to @sportscardclub on Twitter where we are pretty active and our Facebook Group. We’re working to bring more members to the site and more interaction would really help.

Curious to hear what you all think. Any feedback is welcome!

Thanks,
Andy
Just threw you some follows. @BeatleToybox on twitter.

Thanks to everyone who has reached out so far, I know we’ve picked up some new membership lately, so please remember to tag @sportscardclub in any posts you might need some help getting out to folks on Twitter. I’ll do what I can to get some eyes on your sales/wantlists/etc.

I've tried on the online group I sometimes participate in breaks with,but the only person I've ever done a trade with from there is the group's administrator lol.

I've tried on the online group I sometimes participate in breaks with,but the only person I've ever done a trade with from there is the group's administrator lol.
You definitely have to find the right groups, but I find it’s a nice supplement to trading here. At some point my lists go stale here and it’s another avenue for trades and finishing up my sets.

For any of you guys using Twitter, we’ve got a social media giveaway going for a Bowman Blaster box…would love for it to go to someone who’s a member of the site so check it out

Back