Show a random card you own thread!!

I have been collecting more WWII memorabilia recently, I have had this item for a long time, but just came up with a new backdrop and display!
20230607_145100.jpg
Richard Cole was Col. Jimmy Doolittle's copilot on the Tokyo Raid, April 18th, 1942, when US planes bombed the Japanese mainland, which was originally not thought possible. This was in retribution for Pearl Harbor, and really jumpstarted the US involvement in the Pacific Theatre of the War.

Lt. Col. Cole passed away 4.9.2019, aged 103!

Last edited:
This is one of the most special items in my collection, specifically because of the story behind it. I was in Kansas City with my 2 best friends over Memorial Day weekend, and stopped into a card shop that had this item. I passed on purchasing, it was just out of my price range. Well, my 2 friends surprised me with this awesome piece as a gift today!!
20230616_140814.jpg

I have loved the classic Brooklyn Dodgers teams of the 40s and 50s my whole life, and Gil Hodges is a huge name, especially now that he is a Hall of Famer!! I am excited to create a custom 8x10 to preserve this awesome piece!

This is one of the most special items in my collection, specifically because of the story behind it. I was in Kansas City with my 2 best friends over Memorial Day weekend, and stopped into a card shop that had this item. I passed on purchasing, it was just out of my price range. Well, my 2 friends surprised me with this awesome piece as a gift today!!
View attachment 12822

I have loved the classic Brooklyn Dodgers teams of the 40s and 50s my whole life, and Gil Hodges is a huge name, especially now that he is a Hall of Famer!! I am excited to create a custom 8x10 to preserve this awesome piece!

And here is what I did with this most special item!!

20230622_212300.jpg

Random pages; the one with Munson, etc, were mostly bought in waxpacks as a 9-year old kid. The other one with Buckner was stuff I got recently. And hey, IMHO Buckner's career should not be defined by one error in the WS. He was a hell of a player; he won a batting title in '80, and I'm pretty sure his knees were already swiss cheese at that point. That .324 was mostly line drives and gappers.

MT

Attachments

• 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 8
Random pages; the one with Munson, etc, were mostly bought in waxpacks as a 9-year old kid. The other one with Buckner was stuff I got recently. And hey, IMHO Buckner's career should not be defined by one error in the WS. He was a hell of a player; he won a batting title in '80, and I'm pretty sure his knees were already swiss cheese at that point. That .324 was mostly line drives and gappers.

MT
Great stuff @Mealticket ! I agree, Buckner was an excellent player for a lot of years, shame that is what he is best remembered for.

Back