Hockey Playoffs just around the corner. Who do you like

balance13

Bench Warmer
Whos your favourite to win it all this season. Personally i like Montreal not a fan of the team just the goaltending:D , i its just like those years with you know that guy Patrick Roy, and Ken Dryden.

If not them i would have to take the Capitals. Some people think that they just have Ovechkin but they really have a very good team. They have two good goalies in Huet and Kolizig. Also they have lots of core players such as Laich, Semin, Backstrom, and Federov just to name a few.

It's wide open this year. I like the Habs in the east to play for Lord Stanley's mug, but expect the Pens to go pretty far (if they can get by the Sens), and make it to the east finals, and who knows maybe The Cup Finals if they can beat Montreal. My darkhorse team in the east is the red hot Caps. They are on such a roll right now, I would be surprised if they went a long way 2-3 rounds. When a team is on fire like that going in, you can't count them out. I'm secretly cheering for them, as I'm a huge AO fan. :eek:

The west is definitely wide open, and any one of 7 teams can get to the finals. The Preds have little chance, and although the Avs hav a ton of offense, I don't think they have what it takes to win it all between the pipes. Dallas could be a sleeper, but their play of late has me thinking they'll be golfing in about 10 days. :D Calgary could be a big surprise, but I'm not picking them. Not sure Minnesota has any shot to make it past round one. That leaves the Wings, Ducks, and Sharks, and any one of the three can win it all. Goaltending will be the key. I'd go with Detroit hands down, but not that optimistic that Hasek, or Osgood can get it done when it counts. If The Dominator stays healthy, then they may win it all. Before the playoffs started, I had the Ducks winning it all, and they just may do so, but I really like the Sharks right now, the way they've came together as a very good team since the Campbell aquisition, and I'm more than confident Nabakov can get the job done. I'm a huge Joe Thornton fan, so my pick is just a bit bias, but I'm picking the Sharks to win it all over the Habs. :eek:

Im a Leafs fan first and a Penguins fan second, so naturally im gonna root for the dudes in black, but the senators worry me, on one hand i think they could strike a comeback at any minute, and on the other i think they are finished without Alfie.... I hope so.
again.jpg

I say habs of course and it is not just goaltending they are a very spread out team every line scores goals which is a plus ,and I say they are going to play colorado for the cup yes what a series that would be.....there are many good teams this year and teams that just made it in capitals who have a good team with there last minute pick ups that helped them in a very much needed netminding ........san jose with there pick up of cambell has helped them hugely .......all teams really pick it up in the playoffs......all in all it is going to be great

life long Detroit fan...........Detroit wins it all :D

I do think that Pittsburgh will be a playoff force this year....but I am still sticking with Detroit

Back