OFFICIAL 'They Cut Who?' "WOW"

Lawyer Malloy is another common name

Alex Smith (TE), roto has something about the Eagles wanting him :think: hopefully, just got an exquisite of him last week

i think cuts were due by 6 eastern, so the next hour or two the rest of them should go live...and the waiver claims put in

The Colts cut Mike Hart, and DT Terrence Taylor. I knew the Hart cut was coming. Hes a great player when hes healthy, but hes never healthy. Terrance Taylor also from Michigan was a complete suprise to me. He was a 4th rounder this year. I was also suprised they cut second year DE Marcus Howard, a 5th rounder from last season. I think he really has potential, but hes very undersized.

Not shockers by any means, but disappointing to me as an Illini fan to see Brit Miller, J Leman and Ryan MacDonald all cut on the same day. I thought for sure Miller would make the Niners after getting two TD's in the first preseason game. I now hate the 49ers, and I hate Lisu, SFFanMike and Migraine for loving them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Biggest names (again, no real shockers here) among Bears cuts are Brandon Rideau (will probably be a career practice squad guy a la Mike Hass), Rod Hood and Brett Basanez.

The Basanez cut means the Bears will be going into the season with only two quarterbacks. I don't know why more teams don't do this, though, because I've always figured if, in a game, you need your third quarterback, you're screwed anyway.

Back