My Graphing Thread

Thanks Troy, more nuts. Bunch of things going on, some I'm probably not aware of.

Well here's Day 1 of my Super Bowl week. I didn't go for any of the guests or personalities on the ESPN shows today but I went after the NFL players with signings on Broadway. You could only get one item signed and they also provided some crappy autograph card with GMC on it. Scheduled to be there were Derrick Brooks (wasn't announced until early in the morning), DeSean Jackson, Eric Berry, Matt Forte and Josh Gordon. I did run into a problem though.

Derrick Brooks 8x10 (Wouldn't put Pro Bowl insc)
DeSean Jackson 8x10 (Wouldn't put Miracle at the Meadowlands IV, hey I tried lol)
Matt Forte 8x10
Josh Gordon 8x10

IMG_20140129_191111_847_zpscd3e8e61.jpg

IMG_20140129_191143_923_zpsb3ab907b.jpg

IMG_20140129_191216_564_zps145e1e86.jpg

IMG_20140129_191243_717_zps145e1e86.jpg

Eric Berry's flight was cancelled and couldn't make it. They had Maurice Jones-Drew come in to take his slot. He was scheduled to sign Saturday so I wasn't prepared for that. Decided to skip him. It was pretty cold, must've felt like between 15-20. I didn't think so many people would come out, being the first day and how cold it was. Temperature will rise little by little next few days. Oh wait, I'm not done yet.

Maurice Jones-Drew 8x10

IMG_20140129_191404_878_zps7600d2ec.jpg

Was told MJD was having a signing at Modell's at 5pm and they were providing a picture. In the scan it may look like a regular-sized card but it isn't lol. They provided this thing printed on the lowest quality photo paper, but better than the thing at his other signing. Decided to see how my teal Inc Elements would come out, looks good. So I'll be back at it for Day 2 tomorrow. Matt Forte, DeMarcus Ware, Eddie Lacy, Donte Whitner and Antonio Cromartie will be signing tomorrow. I'll also have to see about any ESPN guests etc. Thanks for reading.

Wow today sucked. If it wasn't for how I ended it, omg. So when I'm a little in the line for Forte waiting for Ware, I find out that both Ware and Lacy would not be there. Seriously? Big reason I went. So I went around checking out the shows and other things. Couple hours later I get in line for Whitner.

Donte Whitner 8x10 (Didn't ask, he put 'Hitner!')

The last signer was Antonio Cromartie but I didn't really feel like getting him. Actually was a good thing I didn't. After this I'd plan to go to where Colbert Report tapes for Drew Brees. But first I went over to the NFL Live set for Trent Dilfer but I missed him arriving. And guess who I find out is going to be a guest? Yep, Drew Brees. He arrived 40 minutes into the show and signed some.

Drew Brees 8x10

IMG_20140130_191444_020_zps22d08a4d.jpg

IMG_20140130_191527_858_zpscb4e361a.jpg

Trent Dilfer didn't sign leaving. Also shortly after I got in line for Whitner, I found out Victor Cruz had a signing at Foot Locker. Luckily I had a photo with me, but he only had about 25 min remaining so I decided to just stay in line. As for tomorrow, it's already on the decline. I got word that Reggie Wayne wouldn't be there. So for tomorrow is Pierre Garcon, Luke Kuechly, Nick Foles and Marshall Faulk. No idea who will replace Wayne. Wonder how the line'll be for Marshall.... Also tomorrow the Thunder and Islanders are in town. I actually might skip the Thunder altogether and do the Islanders. Depending if I get Marshall quick enough, I may not miss any action. Thanks for reading.

Omg yesterday was horrible. So I already knew Reggie Wayne wouldn't be there. Jarius Byrd filled in for him. So Garcon was at 12pm, Kuechly at 1, Byrd at 2, Foles at 3 & Faulk at 4. After that I'd head over to graph the Islanders. There was a problem with each of the originally scheduled signers except for one. No problems with Garcon for me. While in line for him, we got word that Kuechly and Foles would only be signing those stupid GMC cards provided. So looks like I'd have a bit of a break in between until Marshall Faulk. Went around with a couple people, checked a couple hotels. Saw Drew Brees right at the right time. If I had the photo signed at that time instead of Thursday, would've come out a little nicer. So I returned to the huge line at 2:20 for Marshall Faulk while Byrd was signing. Then things went bad. First Foles got there nearly a half hour late. On top of that, he left before 4! Then Faulk didn't get there until around 4:35! People kept booing when the host tried to engage with the crowd while waiting for him. He stopped signing at 5:05! I'm surprised there wasn't a riot or anything. If one of them got there in time, I would've been able to get Marshall. This is just unacceptable on the 2 of them, sign for the hour. And to add to the crap, I completely missed the Islanders. So yeah, here's what I got for my 6 hours:

Pierre Garcon 8x10

IMG_20140201_133654_574_zps4668c4ee.jpg

I didn't feel like returning for the final day today. The hour-by-hour order for today was Derrick Brooks, Jim Brown, Cam Newton, Mike Tirico and Greg Hardy. I didn't feel like risking any bull, I probably would've had to get in line 3 hours early for Jim Brown and who knows if I would've been able to get Newton. I already bought a mini-helmet for Brown too. Heat are in town too. Well for next week, a lot of teams coming; Avalanche, Sixers, Spurs, Oilers and Nuggets. I'll probably only do the Avalanche and Oilers. Maybe Sixers. Thanks for reading.

Well tonight was pretty interesting. Wanted to do the Edmonton Oilers, maybe even the Spurs. Did pretty well. And something else I wouldn't have guessed also happened. I will update on this tomorrow.

Well tonight was pretty interesting. Wanted to do the Edmonton Oilers, maybe even the Spurs. Did pretty well. And something else I wouldn't have guessed also happened. I will update on this tomorrow.

Oh no, the suspense!!!!

Lol well here it is. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to catch the Spurs. Didn't really need to do them but brought my stuff just in case I had a chance to graph them. Looks like I was able to fully do both. Didn't realize the Spurs game was at 8. I wasn't really prepared for the Spurs, didn't print something for coach Pop for example. So first up, the Oilers.

Nick Schultz 2/2
Ben Scrivens 4x6
Ilya Bryzgalov 1/2 (funny guy)
Ales Hemsky 2/2
Taylor Hall 8x10
Mark Fraser on 11/12 Devils 8x10 (bottom right)
Sam Gagner 1/2

IMG_20140206_231715_180_zps1de0b2b5.jpg

IMG_20140206_231828_380_zps55dd80b2.jpg

IMG_20140206_231853_586_zps851014ef.jpg

IMG_20140206_231925_218_zpsdc7e0dc2.jpg

I smudged the 2nd Hemsky badly and the Gagner while trying to handle everything when players were leaving. At least 15 people there. Wasn't prepared for David Perron, little late trying to get him. Wasn't able to get Smyth and Eberle, either. Thought it was Eberle but doubted myself. Was tough with some of these guys coming out close to the same time. Couldn't get Nugent-Hopkins, forget who I was going after. Also missed Ference and Boyd Gordon. After that, went over for the Spurs. Missed nobody. Only 4 of us there. And then 5 kids came, it was all good though.

Shannon Brown 1/1 (Barely got him)
Matt Bonner 1/2
Cory Joseph 1/1
Danny Green on UNC 8x10 (top right)
Belinelli 1/1
Coach Popovich on photo paper
Ime Udoka 2/2

IMG_20140206_232114_600_zps589ea5b6.jpg

IMG_20140206_232207_275_zps9fa64132.jpg

Missed Patrick Mills. First attempt getting Popovich so it was nice I got him. I like him, funny guy. Was pretty nice. One of the kids interviewed him for a min on his cell, thought that was cute lol. Duncan and Leonard declined to sign. I found an image for Popovich that goes with where he signed it so I'm happy about that at least. So I was on my way back home, I decided to stop by the NHL Store, check for San Jose Sharks apparel and other things. One of the managers asks me if I need help. At first I was gonna say "Nah thanks" but decided to say "Yeah I guess" lol. Good thing I replied like that. I ended up getting a ticket to the Rangers/Oilers game in an hour lol. Hadn't been to a game in a couple years so I went. I didn't deserve to go as much as a Ranger fan would, but whatever. Guess it was a good thing I went down that street lol. Ok up next for me should be the Pelicans on Sunday. Wednesday is the Kings and Bobcats, probably not going to do either but we'll see. Thanks for reading.

Just went through a bunch of this thread. Really awesome stuff! I was at Super Blvd last Friday with my 9 year old son and he really wanted to get an autograph but we were told by the staff that the lines were 1.5-2 hours and he didn't want to wait. Also seemed as if you didn't know who would actually be there once you got to the signing stage. I'm going to take him to a show to get some autos soon though. How long did you have to wait to get the autos? Also, where do you live? Thanks for posting. Great stuff!

Just went through a bunch of this thread. Really awesome stuff! I was at Super Blvd last Friday with my 9 year old son and he really wanted to get an autograph but we were told by the staff that the lines were 1.5-2 hours and he didn't want to wait. Also seemed as if you didn't know who would actually be there once you got to the signing stage. I'm going to take him to a show to get some autos soon though. How long did you have to wait to get the autos? Also, where do you live? Thanks for posting. Great stuff!

Thank you. Man let me tell you Blvd on Broadway sucked a bit. As you probably found out, it got worse by day. I tried to get in line an hour early for the first signing. Once you got your person, you'd have to get right back in line if you wanted the next person. I normally got the person within the first 30-40 minutes that the player started signing. That only really worked the first couple days. I don't blame your son for not wanting to wait. They had a listing of who was signing a couple days before it started but they never updated it when changes were made, only for Derrick Brooks on the first day. And I am from NJ. Oh and one more thing I forgot to mention...

I am glad I decided not to waste my time going that Saturday. Jim Brown was the 2nd signer and Cam Newton would follow up after him. Turned out both of them would only be signing those stupid GMC cards! I could imagine the uproar with that announcement. On top of that both of them got there around 40 minutes late and they only signed for like a half hour. They ended up letting Cam sign your own item but still, it's ridiculous they can't fulfill their hour. I mean I overpaid for a Browns mini-helmet on Amazon and never even ended up going but either way, would've ended up getting screwed.

Had a pretty good day graphing the Pelicans. Highest bball total in one sitting in a long time. Got some work done on my team pieces from last season and for this season.

David Wesley 2/2
Added Greg Stiemsma, Jeff Withey, Darius Miller, Alexis Ajinca & Al-Farouq Aminu to Pelicans 8x10
Added Brian Roberts, Austin Rivers, Coach Monty Williams & Ryan Anderson to Pelicans & Hornets 8x10
Tyreke Evans 2/2 (Pelicans 8x10 and card)
Anthony Davis & Eric Gordon were one per, only the Pelicans 8x10
Anthony Morrow on Pelicans 8x10 and Nets 8x10 from 11/12 (above the N)

IMG_20140209_173405_481_zpseb0fd994.jpg

IMG_20140209_173448_793_zps9da668ac.jpg

IMG_20140209_173552_020_zpsb893e4ee.jpg

IMG_20140209_173657_383_zpsbddca600.jpg

About 10 people there at most, mostly kids. Assuming Jrue Holiday and Jason Smith didn't travel. Didn't see Luke Babbitt or scouts Chucky Brown & Anthony Johnson. So next time I'll be graphing could be in 2 weeks. Mavs and Warriors and the NHL restarts that week too. Kings and Bobcats come in a few days but highly doubt I'll be going that day. Thanks for reading.

Back to the graphing. Went after the Mavericks today. But first I went by Letterman. Kaley Cuoco was gonna be appearing. Dale Earnhardt Jr as well. I wasn't able to wait long enough for her, had to go for Dallas. She did sign about a half hour after I left. So now for Dallas:

Jose Calderon 1/2
Brandan Wright 1/2
Broadcaster Derek Harper 8x10
Devin Harris 1/2
Coach Darrell Armstrong 2/2
Nowitzki 1/1
Dalembert 2/2
Monta Ellis 1/1

IMG_20140224_203905_903_zps4e341a96.jpg

IMG_20140224_204118_973_zps30f944c3.jpg

Take a look under Harper's auto. Apparently that's how he writes #12... VC, Marion, Bernard James, Crowder and Blair didn't sign. Fewer people than I expected. About a dozen in the morning but at most around 8 for gametime, only 2 of us after Dirk left. Wanted to but didn't want to, should've went in the morning. Everyone but Dirk signed. So after that I headed back to Letterman. Cuoco didn't sign leaving. But I did get someone else, and barely.

Dale Earnhardt Jr on blank 4x6

Not a bad day. Up next, Blackhawks play the Rangers Thursday, don't think I'll be going. Friday would be attempt #2 for the Warriors. Sunday I'll be going to the Sharks/Devils game. Thanks for reading.

Hey guys. So back on Friday was the Warriors. Once again it was pretty cold for them, decided not to go. Heard there was under 10 people and Curry only signed for 2. Good thing I didn't go. Today the Devils hosted the Sharks, got tickets to the game. Had a great time, did well in the autograph department postgame. I will post how I did sometime tomorrow but I do have a picture to post. Remember when I got coach Gregg Popovich about 3 weeks ago on the blank 8x10? Well I finally printed it:

IMG_20140302_224934_521-020614_zpsd6a0a436.jpg

So yesterday was the Sharks/Devils game. Got good tickets down low, had a great time. Sat 5 rows from the glass. What I was worried about was graphing post-game. Snow was in the forecast and it was supposed to be snowing during that time. Luckily we barely saw flakes for like 5 minutes. That was it. We were supposed to get like 3 inches, didn't even get anything. So anyway here's how I did:

Added Justin Braun, Matt Irwin, Niemi, Alex Stalock, James Sheppard, Tyler Kennedy, Jason Demers, Matt Nieto, Desjardins, Havlat, coach Todd McLellan, Mike Brown (I think) & Scott Hannan to Sharks 8x10

Sheppard 1/1
Niemi 8x10
Marleau 8x10
Couture 8x10
Thornton 8x10

IMG_20140302_230129_347_zpse2639297.jpg

IMG_20140302_230231_243_zps3c6152f0.jpg

IMG_20140302_230306_722_zpsc3f69cd9.jpg

IMG_20140302_230326_934_zps8aa337f1.jpg

IMG_20140302_230348_331_zps782416eb.jpg

I just missed Hertl and Matt Tennyson by a few minutes. Wasn't able to get Boyle, Pavelski and Larry Robinson. Burns only signed like a couple. Wingels didn't sign. Some of the others I'm not sure about. Over to the Devils side.

Added Dainius Zubrus to last year's and this year's 8x10
Volchenkov on 13/14 8x10

IMG_20140302_230412_017_zpsd43759a2.jpg

IMG_20140302_230446_020_zpse49c1945.jpg

Was late for some guys. Heard a couple stopped, don't remember who. Some former Devil was there and signed for whoever, don't remember his name. Ken Daneyko was around but didn't stop to sign. Sweet day. Gonna graph the Sharks again in 2 weeks when they play the Rangers. Up next, might graph Devils/Red Wings postgame tomorrow. Weds the Grizzlies and Maple Leafs play in NYC, see what happens. Thanks for reading.

Did the Devils/Red Wings last night. Kind of unexpected but I ended up going to the game with a friend. He told me there was an agreement for Brodeur to be traded to the Wild. If this went through this would be his final home game of his storied career. Turns out he didn't end up going anywhere. Saw a good game though. Here's how it went postgame.

Darren Helm 2/2
Alfredsson 1/1
Drew Miller 2/2
Coach Babcock 8x10 (Someone assisted me)
Jonas Gustavsson 1/2
Franzen 1/2
Kronwall 2/2

IMG_20140305_124732_130_zpscfe3ae9e.jpg

IMG_20140305_124822_867_zpsa5f0516d.jpg

Wasn't able to get Bertuzzi, Chris Osgood (wasn't sure if he'd travel), Abdelkader, couple others. Jimmy Howard didn't sign. I don't blame him, especially how he lost in the final minute. Jonathan Ericsson was another I remember that didn't sign. For the Devils:

Added Cory Schneider, Stephen Gionta, Mark Fayne & Jon Merrill to this season's item
Added Fayne to last season's item
Daneyko 1/1

IMG_20140305_124906_828_zps6350eaf4.jpg

IMG_20140305_125023_445_zps2f079f93.jpg

Brodeur didn't stop to sign. Still, another good autograph day. I would've done the Grizzlies or Maple Leafs today but didn't feel like it. Up next...not sure. Thought about doing Red Wings again Sunday when they play at MSG but game is at 12.30 instead of 7.30. So maybe Sixers on Monday. Thanks for reading.

Back