My Graphing Thread

Thanks! I was hoping I could've had a pic with him doing the people's eyebrow but I just couldn't get a pic with him.

Hey guys, figured I would occasionally post in this thread a notable graphing day of mine. This little "series" will be called Signature Chronicles. Thought I could do something like this when things are slow or just randomly. So let me start this off:

January 13, 2010

This was the season where I went to my most games ever. Went to basically half of the home games. Lower level tickets were sooo cheap. I had all the "perks" a season-ticket holder would have; a VIP pass that lets you in a half-hour earlier, even a card that gave you access to the family and friends section for players after the game. Except I wasn't a season-ticket holder. But none of those things would help me this day. This was the dreadful day that I got shutout. For any grapher, this kind of day is a nightmare. It wasn't for me at that time though, I didn't think much of it. The Nets played the Celtics that day and things started out OK as far as I can remember. I didn't go with my friend that was into autographs so I don't remember if I got there "VIP early". But I still had a good spot, right in the front row. Oddly enough no players signed, which surprised me because I easily hit double-digits in most of those games. But these are the Celtics. The only player that actually signed was Brian Scalabrine (who a couple weeks ago prevented me from getting shutout), who concentrated on only one side and of course I was on the other side. No J.R. Giddens, no Marquis Daniels, no Eddie House and definitely not a member of the Big 3. In retrospect, I could've gotten assistant coach Armond Hill, who I had nothing for, and Tyronn Lue, who I was surprised to find out was a scout for the team. After the game I was hoping to get some Nets players when they'd drive out but my friend didn't want to because it was cold. Damn Dominican :LOL: Well I'll have to see what and when the next entry will be for this. One last thing, look back at the date. Isn't it funny how it just happened to be on January the 13th?

I hate when people Im with want to leave early. :(

They just dont understand. :p

I've got some plans for tomorrow and I'm not looking too forward to it, gonna be a long day. Tomorrow the Knicks and Rangers have a home game. I believe this is only one of two days like this. I'm not gonna want to go into the city much for hockey compared to basketball so I don't know how many times I'm gonna get to hit up the Rangers, or hockey in general. Knicks play the Mavs at 1 pm and then the Rangers play that night. Now that would be a long day. I'd have to hit the Mavs hotel at around 10am and then after that wait like 4 HOURS for the time the Knicks players leave and the Rangers arrive. Up until today I had in mind just getting there around 3:30 for the Knicks Rangers etc. But I finally decided today I would try to do the Mavs in the morning. I mean, this would be my only chance to get the Mavs this season and I have alot of stuff for them. I really do not like waiting these hours but I figure I could watch the game at a bar, maybe shoot some pool (that's how I got through long breaks in between classes in college). This is pretty much my gameplan, if I wake up at like 8am, then there's a good chance I'll be starting off early. So many specific things I need other than cards:

Kidd on an 8x10
Haywood and Brandon Wright on my UNC 8x10
Vince Carter on an 8x10 (maybe the UNC if I can get 2 in)
Yi Jianlian on my 08/09 Nets 8x10 (I believe I need him and Carter...)
Josh Harrelson on a personal 8x10 (pretty cool story behind it if it happens)
Kelly Tripucka after the game on my Hornets 8x10 hopefully...
Henrik Lundqvist on an 8x10

So much stuff for tomorrow....and I hope there are people there for hockey because I don't know faces at all...first time I'll be getting hockey autographs in like 17 years...

So yeah...tomorrow will be quite a day.

Good luck today! I know I, for one, would LOVE to have Vince Carter's auto. He's one of my favorite players still active in the NBA. Let me know if he'll sign. It might be worth the drive to Dallas some time just get his autograph.

What a lousy day. I'm not gonna write everything right now, because I'm waiting on some food etc. But I will try to do it later tonight. No, from what I heard, Vince Carter didn't sign. I think he's hit or miss. All I'm gonna say right now is that today was kind of possible to get 25-30 autographs. But I only got 6. Just a waste of a day, I was in NY for almost 10 hours...I'm kind of embarassed on how it went.

Just a waste of a day, I was in NY for almost 10 hours...I'm kind of embarassed on how it went.

Sorry it went so bad for you, but I wouldn't be embarrassed. You get a lot more opportunities than anyone else I know. I'm sure you'll get a chance at all those guys again sometime.

It'll be tough though...

So first I went for the Mavs in the morning. But because Sunday buses suck, I finally got there like 25 minutes late. There were maybe 30 people there....Missed a good portion of people, including Kidd. :( At least not many of them signed so didn't miss a whole lot.

Little reminiscent of my Cosby and Suns/Warriors fail. All I got was:

Rick Carlisle 1/1 (got an index card from someone because I was desperate for an autograph haha)
Jason Terry 1/2

I wasn't able to get Marion and Dirk might have only signed 1 or 2. Haywood was terrible! Only signed 1. I don't think Derek Harper or Odom signed either. After things wrapped up there, I'd have to wait 4 HOURS for the next thing. Tried to pass the time by watching the game in bars. I've never done the Knicks after the game so I didn't know it would be bad compared to before. I missed a few people, including Herb Williams, when I decided to wait for Tripucka somewhere else. No sign of him. Only person I got after was Kenny Smith, who I didn't expect to be there....because he's on TNT and ABC did the game.

Kenny Smith blank 8x10

I'm thankful this kid let me have one of his blanks, I ALWAYS forget to bring a couple blank photo papers. Shortly after it was time for hockey. My first hockey autograph in 17 years would be.....Martin Biron. I was kinda surprised that the people there only spotted like 6 or 7 players. For the Knicks, you'd see everyone except for Carmelo.

Martin Biron 2/2
Artem Anisimov 1/1

After Biron was done signing for people, I shaked his hand and thanked him and told him he was my first hockey autograph in 17 years. He thought that was awesome and seemed genuinely happy about that and wished me best of luck. The hockey autos were cool but what I was really happy about most was Kenny The Jet, finally got him on something good. Later on when I was home, I realized he was a Tar Heel....didn't even cross my mind because I had the UNC 8x10 with me! :huh:

IMG01064.jpg

IMG01065.jpg

And here's a before and after on the Kenny Smith:

IMG01060.jpg

IMG01062.jpg

Thank God because that was the only basketball image I could find that was large enough for the 8x10. I'm so glad how it turned out.

So yeah I don't think I'm gonna do another day like this with a day and night game, it can be kinda rough. Next up for me could be Weds for the Hawks. Thanks for reading.

It'll be tough though...

So first I went for the Mavs in the morning. But because Sunday buses suck, I finally got there like 25 minutes late. There were maybe 30 people there....Missed a good portion of people, including Kidd. :( At least not many of them signed so didn't miss a whole lot.

Little reminiscent of my Cosby and Suns/Warriors fail. All I got was:

Rick Carlisle 1/1 (got an index card from someone because I was desperate for an autograph haha)
Jason Terry 1/2

I wasn't able to get Marion and Dirk might have only signed 1 or 2. Haywood was terrible! Only signed 1. I don't think Derek Harper or Odom signed either. After things wrapped up there, I'd have to wait 4 HOURS for the next thing. Tried to pass the time by watching the game in bars. I've never done the Knicks after the game so I didn't know it would be bad compared to before. I missed a few people, including Herb Williams, when I decided to wait for Tripucka somewhere else. No sign of him. Only person I got after was Kenny Smith, who I didn't expect to be there....because he's on TNT and ABC did the game.

Kenny Smith blank 8x10

I'm thankful this kid let me have one of his blanks, I ALWAYS forget to bring a couple blank photo papers. Shortly after it was time for hockey. My first hockey autograph in 17 years would be.....Martin Biron. I was kinda surprised that the people there only spotted like 6 or 7 players. For the Knicks, you'd see everyone except for Carmelo.

Martin Biron 2/2
Artem Anisimov 1/1

After Biron was done signing for people, I shaked his hand and thanked him and told him he was my first hockey autograph in 17 years. He thought that was awesome and seemed genuinely happy about that and wished me best of luck. The hockey autos were cool but what I was really happy about most was Kenny The Jet, finally got him on something good. Later on when I was home, I realized he was a Tar Heel....didn't even cross my mind because I had the UNC 8x10 with me! :huh:

IMG01064.jpg

IMG01065.jpg

And here's a before and after on the Kenny Smith:

IMG01060.jpg

IMG01062.jpg

Thank God because that was the only basketball image I could find that was large enough for the 8x10. I'm so glad how it turned out.

So yeah I don't think I'm gonna do another day like this with a day and night game, it can be kinda rough. Next up for me could be Weds for the Hawks. Thanks for reading.

very nice!

i wish i had the patience to try and get people's autographs. im like the anti-hobbyist. :LOL:

Haha thanks waxgeeks, I guess I can have too much patience. Mike, I print out my own photos so I just run it through the printer like that. First time I tried it and it was perfect.

Yeah I just found the appropriate image on google and put the signed blank in the tray. I was a little worried about the signature because I'd have to use a trimmer to cut the photo from 8.5x11 to 8x10 but it worked out perfectly.

Yeah I just found the appropriate image on google and put the signed blank in the tray. I was a little worried about the signature because I'd have to use a trimmer to cut the photo from 8.5x11 to 8x10 but it worked out perfectly.

wait im confused (forgive me if this is stupid)

for the Kenny Smith, you got it signed on a photo paper. then put the autographed photo paper in your printer and printed the picture of him on that piece of paper and it didn't cover up the auto?

Back