Mail Day Mike's Sports Card Mail Days

I got this mail day earlier in the week but just now had time, and remembered, to get pictures of them. These were both picked up in a single trade.

First up is a 1998 Upper Deck Encore #146 Vince Carter Game-Dated PSA 8. This is my first PSA 8, but likely won't be my last. I was always afraid they'd look too bad to be a part of my PC, but this one looks pretty dang good. Hopefully they're all like this one because I'm sure there will be others.

IMG_20200508_143944.jpg

Next up is a 1998-99 Upper Deck #316 Vince Carter BGS 8.5. Much like the PSA 8, this is my first at this grade. Also, like the PSA 8, there will be others! I'm completely happy with the way this card looks. The only bad thing is that the case on this one was broken during shipping. You can see the little piece missing in the top left corner. It's not too bad. The trader offered to make it up to me, but I told him it was no big deal. I'll likely send it in to be re-slabbed at some point, but for now it's fine.

IMG_20200508_144038.jpg

Been quite some time since I've added to this thread. I'll try to get back to it on a more regular basis, even though I don't get near the mail I used to get.

Today's haul consisted of five small packages. Two of them are from group breaks, two are freebies (from the same person), and one is a SportLots purchase.

The first package I opened is from the free hockey break here on SCC that @grapler135s hosted. It was a hobby box of 2021-22 O-Pee-Chee hockey and I had the New Jersey Devils. This package had 3 base cards, one Retro insert of Yegor Sharangovich, and one Premier Tallboys insert of Jack Hughes. If you're a Devils fan, or if you may need any of these cards for set completion, shoot me a message.

Next up was from grapler's 2021 Topps Japan Edition break, where I had the Phillies. This one had four base cards, including one Mr. Bryce Harper and six rookie cards, including an All-Star rookie of Alec Bohm.

The next one was a freebie from a member on another site. It was a 2003-04 Topps Contemporary Collection #100 Tony Parker. This is one I didn't already have so it goes straight into the ol' PC box.

Next up, another PWE, and another freebie from the same guy. This time it's a 2002-03 SPx #76 Tony Parker. This is one I already had, but still really appreciate the gesture.

Finally one that I've been waiting over a month on. This one is a purchase from SportLots, which I'm really hoping will give me 100% completion on my first ever full set. These are cards #17 Ken Griffey Jr., #86 Anthony Rizzo, #323 Bernie Williams, and #326 Monte Irvin from 2020 Allen & Ginter. I won't know for certain until I pull the binder out and go through it to confirm but I'm fairly certain this will complete the set for me, again, making it the first time I've ever completed a full base set of cards. Certainly there are a lot of you guys, especially @OldNewRips, who I have to thank for helping me complete this thing. So, thank you all who helped me out on this little project! I've still got a lot of the sub-sets to go, but it feels pretty dang good getting this one knocked out.

That's it...that's all for today...see'ya next time!

Ok, stopped by the post office this morning and had a few packages in there.

The first package was from one of @grapler135s's group breaks. It was the 2022 Heritage break where I had the Phillies. Here's what I ended up with:

2022 Topps Heritage News Flashbacks: #NF3

2022 Topps Heritage Base: #60 x5, #61 x8, #108 x6, #117 x4, #124 x5, #245 x3, #285 x4, #292 x3, #302 x9, #319 x5, #326 x7, #333 x5, #377 x4, #455, #486 x2

I also got this relic of one JT Realmuto:

PXL_20220418_140106101.jpg

The next package was one I picked up on eBay for the VC15 PC. Any time I can get a PSA 9 rookie year card for under $20, shipped, I call it a win. This was that...

1998 Topps Kick Start #KS9 Vince Carter PSA 9 MINT
PXL_20220418_135923241.MP.jpg

I also really dig the black outlined sleeve this thing is in. I'm probably going to be looking to try to pick some of those up for the rest of my PC slabs, so if you know of a good place to get them, please let me know.

That's it for today...see'ya next time!

Got a few packages in, so far, this week, both from trades here on SCC. The first card is a 2021 Topps Gallery Rainbow Foil #24 Anthony Rizzo and the other is a 2021 Topps Chrome Prismic Power #PP4 Bryce Harper.

PXL_20220426_181906967.MP.jpg

Got another addition to the ol' VC15 PC in today. Actually, it was there yesterday but I didn't have a chance to make it to the post office until today. It's only graded an 8 but, just like the others, there is very little wrong with this card. This one does have some fairly obvious chipping on the top, back edge. If I had to guess I'd say that's why an 8. Everything else is just beautiful. Anyways, courtesy of eBay...

1998 Stadium Club #198 Vince Carter PSA 8 NM-MT
PXL_20220502_021905607.MP.jpg

Got another addition to the ol' VC15 PC in today. Actually, it was there yesterday but I didn't have a chance to make it to the post office until today. It's only graded an 8 but, just like the others, there is very little wrong with this card. This one does have some fairly obvious chipping on the top, back edge. If I had to guess I'd say that's why an 8. Everything else is just beautiful. Anyways, courtesy of eBay...

1998 Stadium Club #198 Vince Carter PSA 8 NM-MT
View attachment 6890
I remember that card from back in the day! Super cool!

I got another one in today's mail, from another eBay purchase. I'm assuming the centering, left to right, is what got this one a 9 because the rest of the card looks absolutely flawless. Also a bonus with this one because he's in his UNC uniform.

1998 SP Top Prospects Carolina Heroes #H7 Vince Carter PSA Mint 9
PXL_20220515_002730293.jpg

Back