Football Matt Leinart agrees to sign with Houston Texans

bjtheman1

Bench Warmer
Quarterback Matt Leinart(notes), released by the Arizona Cardinals over the weekend, has agreed to a one-year deal with the Houston Texans, ESPN's Chris Mortenson reports.

Leinart's agent, Tom Condon, confirmed with The Associated Press that Leinart and the Texans has reached a deal.

With Matt Schaub(notes) firmly in place as the Houston starter, Leinart looks to be in line for a backup role once again. The Texans did not get good performances out of their backups in the preseason. Dan Orlovsky(notes) threw to interceptions in the Texans last preseason game, and the team released John David Booty(notes).

Sources tell the network the Texans were one of the first teams to contact Leinart after he was released.

Leinart finished his Cardinals career with 3,893 yards, 14 touchdowns and 20 interceptions. He was expected to take over for Kurt Warner(notes), who retired, but he did not perform well during preseason, and he publicly stated he had issues with Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt.

The Texans would not confirm the deal. The team returns to practice Wednesday. The Texans had the NFL's top passing offense last season, and starter Matt Schaub led the league with 4,770 yards passing.

yea, Orlovsky sux! they had a chance to get "The Rosen Copter" back here, but the Giants picked him up. i guess they didn't want to give up the draft pick

matt leinart isnt good in the nfl and wasnt good in college. yea you heard me
all his passes were dump passes or screens to reggie bush and he run 900 yards nd matt gets those stats

jratliff70 said:
Texans looking for all kind help with my Colts gallo
oping into town
WHAT DO U MEAN..YOUR COLTS..ARE YOU OR ARE YOU NOT IN TEXAS?...U need to be run from this great state!..:D :p

OilMan said:
WHAT DO U MEAN..YOUR COLTS..ARE YOU OR ARE YOU NOT IN TEXAS?...U need to be run from this great state!..:D :p[/QUOTE

lol im originally from indiana so i gotta root for the colts just like i will when they
play tony **** and the cowgirls :box:

jratliff70 said:
OilMan said:
WHAT DO U MEAN..YOUR COLTS..ARE YOU OR ARE YOU NOT IN TEXAS?...U need to be run from this great state!..:D :p[/QUOTE

lol im originally from indiana so i gotta root for the colts just like i will when they
play tony **** and the cowgirls :box:

LOL...true

just heard today that Orslovsky restructured his deal with Texans...they didn't give any details yet, but i bet it was performance related..ya think!

Back