Hockey Leafsfan1967's Mail Day Thread

What do you think of the Forever Rivals autos, Troy? Leafs and Habs.

I don't have any yet, Lily! I do have a whack of Leafs ones on my want list. There are a bunch of old Leaf players in that autographed set that I don't yet have an auto for, and they are pretty reasonably priced, so I will be getting some in the near future.

I saw a lot close last night pretty cheap full of names I've never seen autos of in any previous product.

Quite a lot of ITG stuff sells cheaply, as people generally don't like the fact that they don't have an NHL license. One thing I will say about ITG is that their reputation is spotless, and are 100% trustworthy when it comes to the memorabilia, and autographe they use on their cards. The same can't be said about the other companies ....cough, cough, fake jerseys... It's really a shame they have been black-balled like this by the NHL for no reason at all. They are the only company I trust!

No mail in today, but this came in yesterday, but I forgot to post it. Old school Habs auto Elmer Lach, and this was a redemption, so not many of these out there. Seems like a good number of the 146 autos in this set are short printed. Oh well, makes it that much more fun to hunt down the last 50, or so.

Last edited:
looking forward to the day you post the LAST card and you saying "Completed!"

congrats on another nice pickup Troy!

looking forward to the day you post the LAST card and you saying "Completed!"

congrats on another nice pickup Troy!

Me too buddy, but that day may never come, at least not in the very near future. There are way too many very scarce autos in this set, and that means big bucks if, and when they show up on ebay, and that is nearly never. The Mario Lemieux is so scarce it sells for over a thousand bucks. The Jean Beliveau isn't far behind, and I've actually never seen one. Then there`s the Scotty Bowman, Rod Gilbert, Johnny Bucyk, Mike Bossy, Bobby Hull, Phil Esposito, Patrick Roy, Denis Savard, Bobby Orr, and Ray Bourque. Some of those sell in the hundreds, or couple, or three hundreds, and some I've never even seen yet. Then there are some lesser ones I'm not sure about, that I've never seen before, like Garry Unger, Marc Tardiff, Walt Tkaczuk, Milt Smidt, Terry O'Reilly, Bill Gadsby, Dino Ciccarelli, Dale Hunter, Joey Kocur, and a couple others. Also, there are guys like Doug Gilmour who is not listed as a short print, but sells at $125+ when one actually surfaces. :(

I'm currently at 99/146, which is remarkable since I started this not so very long ago, with not so much money. I have several incoming this week, so stay tuned for posts of Rejean Houle (Montreal), Mike Keenan (Coach), Guy Lafleur (Montreal), Reggie Leach (Philadelphia), Marty McSorely (Los Angeles), Scott Stevens (New Jersey), Frank Udvari (Referee), and I got another copy of Larry Robinson incoming (Montreal). As you may have heard the last copy I bought had all 4 corners dinged. :rolleyes:

FYI: Not sure how rare Stevens, Leach, or McSorely are, but these are the first copies I've ever seen of these guys. That's what makes this the greatest set ever made, IMO. Some of these are so scarce, nobody has any idea how little amounts of each of them there actually are? :ref:

Back