Transaction Manager 2.0

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Last week I started work on the latest version of our Transaction Manager. With it, there will be quite a few changes that will be made. These changes won't go into effect for a few days/weeks, but I wanted to outline the major changes you can look forward to.

Here are the most notable changes that you'll see once the new Transaction Manager is installed.

• Addresses will be required to use the Transaction Manager. I've already added a profile field where you can enter your address in the account details page in case you want to get a head start on that. Don't worry, your address will only be visible to staff and members that you have a confirmed transaction with. There's also a field for entering your PayPal address, which will only be visible to staff and in confirmed transactions where you are the seller.
  • New members, members with less than 20 feedback score, and members with less than 85% positive feedback rating will have a "Must Send First" restriction. We will be accepting feedback transfers for the purpose of bypassing that restriction. More details about that will be posted later.
  • You will be able to mark transactions as sent when you mail, as well as provide a tracking number which will be shown on the transaction overview page.
  • There will be a comment section included with each transaction so that members can discuss transaction details and have it documented with the transaction. For example, if adding/removing cards after the transaction has been posted. Rather than cancelling and creating a new one, both members can agree to the changes in the comments.
  • The default transactions page will only show pending/confirmed transactions. Transactions that are complete or cancelled will be hidden. However, there will be filters that will let you show those as well.
  • Speaking of filters, we'll have filters so you can look at your transactions by trade, sale, or freebie. We'll also allow searching your own transactions by transaction partner.
  • Did I just say freebie? Yes! You will be able to create a transaction with someone if you're sending them a freebie. You won't be able to receive feedback for freebies. It's more for documenting purposes.

Last edited:
Just as an update, this thing is nearly complete! The entire front end is working, at least as far as I can tell from my testing. There may be a few little tweaks still left that I need to make here and there but we'll find those as we go along. Tonight I'll start working on a converter to convert all the current transactions over to the new format. The goal is to have this ready to go by the weekend and, barring any major issues I may find, I don't see that being an impossible goal. We very well could have this thing up and running within the next several days.

There have been a few changes from the original post, so I wanted to outline those here.

• The MSF restriction will only apply to trades. Since we only recommend paying via PayPal goods, and they do a pretty good job of protecting the buyer, it's not necessary to have a seller send first.
  • Along with that, sales will also not count towards getting yourself removed from MSF restriction as a new member. Only trades will count towards that. However, instead of having to reach 20 transactions, you will now only need 15 trades.
  • We will be accepting feedback transfer requests from the following sites as a way to bypass the MSF rule for new members:
    • TCC (Trading Card Central)
    • SCF (Sports Card Forum)
    • Bench (The Bench Trading)
  • You must have a minimum of 100 feedback, with 100% positive, in order to qualify for a feedback transfer.

A few days ago I noticed a bug in the Transaction Manager that would hide the "Complete" button in some cases (most cases actually). Today I released an update to fix that bug so you should all be able to mark your transactions as complete now. If you notice any other issues with the Transaction Manager, please let me know and I'll try to get them fixed as soon as possible.

To see your pending transactions, view the main transactions page.

We will, once again, be making a few changes to the Transaction Manager very soon. We'll post more detail about this soon, but if anyone would like to make any suggestions on things that could/should be changed (regarding the Transaction Manager), please, now is the time!

Back