Kinda mail, got it in person at a bar......

jeffmu

Bench Warmer
Long story, fair warning.....so I head up to KC to have my annual get together with my college buddies, nothing special this year, just heading to bars and drinkin. Our 3rd bar we head to is called McFaddens in the Power and Light district, come out of the bathroom and all the sudden there's a swarm of people at the bar taking phone pics, see a dude in a ball cap, can't recognize him, too dark, pulled to low, said oh well.
Around the corner is a guy I did recognize......Matt Leinart, turns out the first guy I didnt recognize is Reggie Bush. They were getting bugged and pestered for pics for 10 minutes before the bar just stationed a bouncer near them.
So, as some of you know, I collect auto's on $1 bills, I was really no different than them on Saturday nite, just getting together with college buddies hangin out, granted I don't have their fame problem. I wrestled with whether or not to approach them, and ultimately did after careful consideration with how I would do it. My cousin (up until last year) had been the assisstant strength and conditioning coach for the Cardinals. So as Matt was done talking with a lady friend, I was near him and asked him if he remembered my cousin, took a sec, then finally recalled him, we chit chatted for about a minute about my cousin and his current career, and then I pulled the trigger asking him to sign the $1. He was more than happy to, Bush was holding court with about 6-7 fine looking women, so I selfishly asked Matt if he'd get Bush to sign it as well, he bulldozed through the women and took care of me, gotta say after everything I'd heard and read about Leinart, he was nothing but class to me, if you endured that whole thing, thanks for reading, and here's my prize.:cheers:
mattleinartreggiebushautodollar.jpg

By the way, couldn't figure out what the heck they were doing in KC together until I remembered there was a large card show with a lot of former Heisman winners signing auto's, too bad I had to choose between getting together with friends and that show, although I kind of got to take a portion of the show in;)

Very cool story. Stuff like that doesnt happen often, very cool of the two of them!

Nice addition to your collection, congrats! :clap:

damn....that's awesome Jeff! congrats on the success and nice to hear that Leinart was nice enough to make sure you got Reggie's on there too!

Back