Football Jon Kitna Says...

I'd say 8 is a stretch...lol

All they've added is a few draft picks and a few lineman, how does that win you 7 or more games than they did last year?

They added the best player in the draft. Filled their VOID at Running back (KJ and the back up were injuried all year last year), and fixed there offensive line.

Oh yah, they have probably a top 5 offensive cordinator in Mike Martz.

I say they can win 8-10. This is there year to get out of the funk, like the Tigers did last year.

if Tatum Bell fills a void at RB I feel sorry for the Lions, hopefully he can hold onto the ball better than he did in Denver. All I can say is good luck!

I think they could win at least 8 games. Everybody is like no way, the Lions are awful. But, remember, 2 years ago, they were better than the Titans, Texans, and . They just had a bad year last year. Almost everybody was injured at one time or another. KJ, the RB, was injured most of the year. No running game. The DL was hurt ALOT last year. The OL was injured alot last year. A couple LBs were hurt last year, as well. It seems like everybody but Kitna was injured at one time or another last year. Even Roy got injured a couple of games. Furrey can't do it all by himself. So, you can't do anything about injuries. Plus, with the injured OL, it forced Kitna to make alot of bad decisions, ended up on his back alot, and lost the ball alot.

I say the Lions can turn it around, and finally get to .500 record or better.

Schedule:
Sep 9 @Oakland 4:15pm - win
Sep 16 Minnesota 4:05pm - win
Sep 23 @Philadelphia 1:00pm - loss
Sep 30 Chicago 1:00pm - loss
Oct 7 @Washington 1:00pm - possible lost
Week 6 BYE
Oct 21 Tampa Bay 1:00pm - win
Oct 28 @Chicago 1:00pm - loss
Nov 4 Denver 1:00pm - loss
Nov 11 @Arizona 4:15pm - win
Nov 18 N.Y. Giants 4:15pm - loss
Nov 22 Green Bay 12:30pm - win
Dec 2 @Minnesota 1:00pm - win
Dec 9 Dallas 1:00pm - depends how each team plays like last year
Dec 16 @San Diego 4:15pm - loss
Dec 23 Kansas City 1:00pm - win
Dec 30 @Green Bay 1:00pm - win

5foot1Howard12 said:
dont forget about kevin jones. they have 2 good running backs, 2-3 great recievers. to bad the have no secondary.

Kevin Jones is still recovering form his foot injury. I know they also have Duckett but he has to be near the goal line in order to be effective. :)

Ground Support said:
They added the best player in the draft. Filled their VOID at Running back (KJ and the back up were injuried all year last year), and fixed there offensive line.

Oh yah, they have probably a top 5 offensive cordinator in Mike Martz.

I say they can win 8-10. This is there year to get out of the funk, like the Tigers did last year.

Didn't they say Charles Rogers was going to be amazing? Same with Mike Williams? You mentioned nothing about defense. At best, they'll turn into the Rams from a year or two ago (a perennial 7-9 to 8-8 team that has a decent offense but zero defense).

#11 Roy Williams said:
I think they could win at least 8 games. Everybody is like no way, the Lions are awful. But, remember, 2 years ago, they were better than the Titans, Texans, and . They just had a bad year last year. Almost everybody was injured at one time or another. KJ, the RB, was injured most of the year. No running game. The DL was hurt ALOT last year. The OL was injured alot last year. A couple LBs were hurt last year, as well. It seems like everybody but Kitna was injured at one time or another last year. Even Roy got injured a couple of games. Furrey can't do it all by himself. So, you can't do anything about injuries. Plus, with the injured OL, it forced Kitna to make alot of bad decisions, ended up on his back alot, and lost the ball alot.

Schedule:
Week 6 BYE

Injuries are a terrible excuse, every NFL team has injuries.

Where did they ever say Charles Rogers and Mike Williams were the best players in their draft?

People were STUNNED when the Lions took a RISK at drafting Mike Williams at # 10 or 11.. Can't really remember what pick he was exactly.

Charles Rogers is from my home town, and fan favorite. If he didn't get caught up with ***** , who knows what could have been. He had the talent to deserving of the # 2 Pick overall. The Lions knew they could sell tickets. Also, if Mcgahee didn't break his leg in the title game that year, he would have probably been the #2 pick overall to Detroit.

I promise this time around, I dont the Lions made a mistake by taking the Best Player in the draft.

Everyone knows that Calvin Johnson is the best WR drafted since Randy Moss.

lol Lions win 10 games lol, yeah dont count on that one kevin jones will miss the first few games spend time rehabbing his foot and tatum and ducket lol. KITNA ***** by the way who was it that was there qb last year of yeah it was kitna. Roy Williams is a great wr, calvin johnson well we saw what he can so against college teams, we shall see eh!!! Lions will win 6-7 games total

sportsguyryan said:
Injuries are a terrible excuse, every NFL team has injuries.

Most NFL teams don't have their entire defense on injuries, including 2+ DL, and 2 starting LBs. Kitna and Furrey seemed to be the only ones to play the entire year. Roy had a couple games for injuries. Their starting RB was injured almost the entire year. How can you open up the passing game even a little with Shawn Bryson who gets 1 yd / carry? Their OL was injured throughout the year as well. Most NFL teams don't have everybody injured the whole year.

Thank you.

I will give them 7-8 games. Anymore than that, I will be extremely impressed like everybody else. Anything less, they will absolutely ****, especially with that schedule. Probably one of the easiest.

I dont see them winning 10 games this season either; possibly if they get some breaks they will finish 8-8 - maybe 9-7 at best; but I sure dont expect it.

#11 Roy Williams said:

Schedule:
Week 6 BYE

k lemme fix this for you

Sep 16 Minnesota 4:05pm - loss
Oct 7 @Washington 1:00pm - win
Week 6 BYE
Nov 11 @Arizona 4:15pm - loss
Dec 9 Dallas 1:00pm - loss
Dec 23 Kansas City 1:00pm - loss

there.. im even being nice..6 wins is an incredible improvement for them. But i think thats even stretching it a bit ;)

Back