Football Jon Kitna Says...

The Detroit Lions haven't had a winning record since 2000 and haven't won 10 games since 1995. That's all going to change in 2007, according to quarterback Jon Kitna.

Jon Kitna
Kitna

Quarterback
Detroit Lions

2006 Season Stats Att Comp Yds TD Int Rat
596 372 3820 21 22 79.9

Appearing on WDFN-AM in Detroit on Thursday, Kitna predicted that the Lions will win more than 10 games this season. The Lions were 3-13 in 2006.

In March, Kitna said the Lions would win 10 games in 2007, but after seeing the team's schedule he adjusted his prediction -- higher.

"I'll keep to myself what I think we actually will win. But it's more than 10 games," Kitna said.

Part of the reason for Kitna's optimism is Calvin Johnson, the team's first-round draft pick.

"I don't like putting a lot of pressure on people, but Calvin Johnson, to me, will have about the same impact that Reggie Bush had in New Orleans," Kitna said. "He's everything that they said he was and more."

Johan Santana #57 said:
have they got 10 wins in the past 2 season combined?

did they even score 10 ppg?

No, they haven't won more than 10 or 10 in the past 2 seasons combined.

BUT, you are wrong in your thinking on the 10 PPG. They have always scored alot of points, because they have a pretty good offense. But, the defense is just awful. They give up the games. My best bet is that the Lions scored more PPG than alot of teams in the NFL. Alot of their games were lost by less than 7 points.

EDIT: 8 of the 13 games they lost were lost by 7 points or lower. 9 of 13 were 8 points or fewer.

They averaged 20 or so PPG

Yeah. The addition of Calvin Johnson will help everyone at every position.

QB: An awesome, big, fast, target to throw to. Roy, CJ, and Furrey makes it hard to miss a WR.

RB: Opens up the running game.

WR: Takes double teams off of Roy.

OL: Kitna doesn't have to old the ball so long with Roy and Calvin streaking down the field, TE and Furrey with the short routes, and the RB in the flats.

DL/CB/LB/S: Hopefully will help the offense more, so that the defense is off the field ALOT more.

lol Id laugh if they win more games then Chicago..

Id die laughing.

The Lions clearly have the better Offense. Better QB, Better RB's, Better WR's

We'll see honestly if Roy Williams can come big every game and Furrey and CJ do their things and the Defense can do their best to keep teams under 20 a game this could be a possible wild card, possible is the key. 10 to me seems like a stretch.

Back