Interesting Paypal situation

Zeeck

Sneaky
I sold a card on eBay, and when I received payment this morning, I left positive feedback, packaged up the card and dropped it off at the PO. I returned to my desk, and marked the card as shipped.

Two hours later I get a PayPal dispute indicating that the buyer is claiming that the payment was an unauthorized transaction.

I'll win the case, as I shipped with delivery confirmation, but it just seemed too planned to me to submit the claim right after the item is marked as shipped. Anyone ever deal with this?

So... are they going to pay for it another way?

I don't think it will matter. I shipped the card to the address that PayPal has on record, and have delivery confirmation. We'll see what happens. This was the first I've ever seen a claim for "unauthorized payment," though.

I know... but the story of: "I won an ebay auction and then someone fraudulently paid it with my own paypal account" doesn't really fly... So if they were not going to pay with paypal, how else were they going to pay for the auction?

Was it an expensive item?

Interesting. Paypal seems to love the buyer tho.

I shipped an item a couple months ago with dc, info said buyer received it. Couple days later I get an email saying where's my item? I said the dc says it got delivered. They open a claim, and they get there money back! How? I have no idea. Anyways, I immediately opened an appeal, and ebay never replied to it. They sent me emails for two months to reimburse them, but they never acknowledged my appeal. Needless to say, I didn't reimburse and I haven't heard anything since.

Sorry to hijack thread.

I know... but the story of: "I won an ebay auction and then someone fraudulently paid it with my own paypal account" doesn't really fly... So if they were not going to pay with paypal, how else were they going to pay for the auction?

Was it an expensive item?

Yeah, it stinks. It was not too expensive, thankfully, around $20. I'm ready to fight it sliqwill style, though.

Yeah, it stinks. It was not too expensive, thankfully, around $20. I'm ready to fight it sliqwill style, though.

do you know the shady way?...its similar to what bud said, but odds are they would put weight on it, so you can say the wrong thing was sent :salut:

what, just because a guy gets 32 feedbacks removed on eBay you gotta go with that method? i spent an hour on with eBay that day to keep my 20% discount but within 2 months it saved me more than what the guy spent to be a dbag, and i cant believe he had the balls to get my phone number and ask why he wasnt allowed to bid on my items because we had such a good transaction :roflmao:

Well, no need to fight anything, PayPal ruled in my favor.

My guess is that I do Delivery Confirmation, but I don't use PayPal shipping, so the buyer thought he could get a windfall when the item was marked shipped but no tracking info was provided.

His eBay ID is: hdc211

He is on my blocked bidder list now.

Well, no need to fight anything, PayPal ruled in my favor.

My guess is that I do Delivery Confirmation, but I don't use PayPal shipping, so the buyer thought he could get a windfall when the item was marked shipped but no tracking info was provided.

His eBay ID is: hdc211

He is on my blocked bidder list now.

For some reason, I know that id from somewhere.

After looking at my feedback, now I know why. He is the guy that collects Exquisite 1/1s and Exquisite jersey numbers. He bought the Steve Smith Exquisite 1/1 from me for $600.

After looking at my feedback, now I know why. He is the guy that collects Exquisite 1/1s and Exquisite jersey numbers. He bought the Steve Smith Exquisite 1/1 from me for $600.

I looked at his house on Google, the dude has to have lots of money to live where he does. If I ever have some exquisite 1/1's to sell, maybe I'll unblock him, but for now he can suck my ass.

Back