Insane night in Raliegh last night, lots of pics!

Sycotic

Bench Warmer
My wife got me tickets for the game against the Oilers last night. We beat the hell out of them 7-2. Eric Staal got a hat trick and Cam Ward looked better in net than he has in the past month. After the game, I got tips from fans that I talk to on the Hurricanes site where to find some players.

So after the game, Steph and I went and hung out at the players entrance hoping to catch some autos/pics/whatever we could. Some players left quick. Cam Ward drove past us and waved from his Porsche. I was hoping to meet him, but oh well. I got to meet Glenn Wesley who signed my Stanley Cup puck, met Andrew Ladd who took a pic with me, Brett Hedican signed my other puck for me and then the highlight of the night was Eric Staal came out to sign things for the fans. Someone I was talking to that had season tickets told me that I was lucky I was here that night because it had been a few YEARS since Staal did anything like this. He signed my jersey that I am going to get framed and took a pic with me. :dance:

Last edited by a moderator:
ours is easy, they go to a bar after the games, actually after the series is over. coach makes them wait if they want to drink they gotta win or at least show up.

I need to get you my canes cards. You deserve them. Great night.. bout time ward stepped it up, he's been killing my goalie stats on Fantasy hockey. lol.

Glad you got to see a sweet game. Did you see nash's goal of the year?

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Awesome pics Dave. Even better is all the great autos you grabbed :cheers: Hockey players seem pretty unbeatable compared to the other 3 major sports, as far as access to fans goes.

Yeah everyone one was cool and patient. Edmonton's bus drove past us and we waved to the bus, no one cussed at the bus, gave the finger, or anything like that. I was impressed by that and some of the players on the bus even waved back, most did not. But I guess when you lose 7-2, you aren't happy anyway. :lollol:

My camera had issues three times but Eric hung around talking with me until we got it straight. Ladd was cool and seemed shocked that I asked how is eye was doing. He hurt it about a month ago, hence the reason he has a cage over his face in that one pic.

Glad you had fun . A great way to get auto's of your home team is to go early am . They have a morning skate . you can get some players then . same with the visiting team . Then most teams will head to the game around 3 to 5 . another great time to get them again or try for the ones you missed.

I'll be at the Lightning Oilers game on Tues.

Man, when you told me you got pics with them after the game, I thought you meant at the rink's edge... but damn! You're rubbing elbows with them outside! That's way cooler! :salut:

Thanks for sharing it all here.

Now... where are you going to hang that jersey?

Back