How to "TTM" the right way

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigsfan

Bench Warmer
Here is a video done by our friends over at SweetSpotGraphs on how to send out a TTM request.

[youtube]3QjIGqjPv-I[/youtube]

(do not use that address for Masterson, it is no longer a valid place to send to)

Now that you hopefully watched the 2 minute video, here's a recap.

1) Letter addressed to the player (I prefer handwritten, but I've seen some lazy folks type theirs out and work)

2) Card(s) of player - I've seen some players only sign one, some sign more than one. Do your research beforehand. Also, some retired players (i.e. Bob Feller, Al Kaline, Goose Gossage, Rollie Fingers, etc.) have a fee that goes to a charity of their choice. Don't forget to include it or else your item will come back unsigned!

3) SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope) - this should be the "smaller" envelope with your name on it. ;)

4) Envelope - that other envelope addressed to the player you are sending to.

If you have any questions, please ask in the Help Thread.

I have also had multiple (actually about my first 50) w/o sending a picture or card. Most times I got back an 8x10 from the person. I know some athletes actually prefer this, as it allows them to quickly go through, with just adding personilizations.

But I normally type my letters, hand sign them, maybe add a little P.S. note handwritten, then hand write the address on the envelope. I usually write in a kind of sploppy handwriting on the envelope, making sure that they know I am not really an older guy :D

SASE is the key. Without this, you are going to have close to 0 returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back