Hi everybody

bluejaysfan

Bench Warmer
I'm a lifelong baseball fan, but I've only recently gotten into card collecting. My dad has often complained about his mother throwing out his vintage baseball card collection as a kid, and I've been trying to put together a collection for him to give him for his birthday for a few months. Since I've been looking, I've started to get really into it myself. My father and I are both big Blue Jays fans, so my initial plan was to try to get him a complete set of Blue Jays cards since the team was established in 1977, but I don't know how realistic it is. I've already completed the sets for the current season and their two world series winning years, but that's it so far aside from a few other stray cards from the late '80s and '90s.

Thanks! It seems like it would be more of a long term goal. I'm probably just going to end up giving him the World Series sets for his birthday, and then maybe he and I can work on the rest together.

I'm a lifelong baseball fan, but I've only recently gotten into card collecting. My dad has often complained about his mother throwing out his vintage baseball card collection as a kid, and I've been trying to put together a collection for him to give him for his birthday for a few months. Since I've been looking, I've started to get really into it myself. My father and I are both big Blue Jays fans, so my initial plan was to try to get him a complete set of Blue Jays cards since the team was established in 1977, but I don't know how realistic it is. I've already completed the sets for the current season and their two world series winning years, but that's it so far aside from a few other stray cards from the late '80s and '90s.
I might be able to help. A year or two ago I started breaking my baseball commons into teams, with the goal of putting them onto eBay or something, but I never quite finished creating the lists.

I have a couple hundred of each team, and although they are commons, some are from the 70's and 80's. It'll take me a while, as I have another project I'm working on at the moment, but once I'm finished with that I can easily write down the cards I have and post pics here. If you're interested in them, we can work out a deal, as I'm not expecting too much for them. I should have that done by the end of the week.

Most of the cards are probably from the 90's.

Come to think of it, I may have already created a list for them, since I went by alphabetical order of the team (Blue Jays). It'd be on another computer, one I rarely use anymore. If it's there, I should be able to post them by Wednesday or so.

Arrrrgh! :mad: I had the list, and tried to put it onto a jump drive and transfer it to this computer and post it here...but...the (swears repeatedly) jump drive corrupted my list, so a lot of it is gibberish now....permanently, on the original file and the transferred file... I'll have to fix the list manually, to repair the damage before I can post it.

See ya Wednesday....maybe... lol

Welcome to the site! :) I use to be a huge Jays fan, but the strike year was the end of it for me. Since then, I have totally lost all interest in the sport. I use to go to 30-40 games a year, too. Honestly, I don't miss it at all.

I am happy to see that you joined! You will certainly find this community accepting and very open to any questions that you have.

My father and I are both big Blue Jays fans, so my initial plan was to try to get him a complete set of Blue Jays cards since the team was established in 1977, but I don't know how realistic it is. I've already completed the sets for the current season and their two world series winning years, but that's it so far aside from a few other stray cards from the late '80s and '90s.
I've completed a list of Blue Jays commons (cheap cards, not necessarily meaning no stars), scanned them all, and am going to go create a thread about them for you to take a look at in Baseball Buy/Sell.

There are 238 unique cards from the years 1986 to 2006, with another 200 doubles available (so if you and your dad want one each, no problem lol)

I'm not shooting for the moon on these, but I'd need shipping and USPS tracking accounted for, which is around $5. If it's a straight-up cash offer, I'd take $12.50 for the bunch, and pay shipping and tracking myself out of that. If it's a trade, I'd need $5 for shipping + whatever cards you offer. I'll give you first shot at them, so pick what you want and we'll work on an offer from there.

Unless you're not in the U.S. Shipping outside the U.S. is expensive, so you'd have to pony up more lol

Back