Hello From the Pac NW

SloganVZ

Bench Warmer
Hi everyone,

You guys probably get this alot but I was just given appox. 18,000 sports cards. 90% are baseball. the other 10% is Football and Baskteball. I just have no idea even where to start. I'm a college student and don't have the time or drive to sort and all that stuff. From what I have seen the years range from 1979 to 2006. I can't tell if what is written on some of the boxs is true. For instance one box says 550 cards 500 @ $0.40 and 50 @ $0.10 equaling $205. I looked in the box and the 500 are Topps Finest 1999 with some crazy protector plastic things on them. very shiny. Where do I start? are there collectors out there that buy lots of cards like this from people or am I stuck with 18,000 cards? What would be a fair price? Even at like 3.5 cents apiece thats like $600.

Thank you
Someone
that was just thrown into the mystifying world of collector sports cards

I posted this in the MLB forum but I thought this would be a better venue.

Hiya Elias! :) Welcome to the site. Glad to have you on board!! :) If you have any questions, or need help with anything please don't hesitate to give me, or one of the other staff members a shout. ;)

Troy

Welcome to SCFreaks! Believe it or not, some people do buy cards in bulk. Unlucky for you, there's a catch. Most people will buy in bulk of a team/year/set only. If you have a system then it's all smooth sailing from there.

I would recommend going out and buying a baseball beckett. Try to pull out the best baseball cards you got and sell those individually. Then find someone like Burbank that buys in bulk and sell then the rest.

Back