Got SCREWED on Ebay ...

CommodoreCountry

Bench Warmer
Well, I haven't been screwed completely yet. This is where my fellas come in to tell me how to best negotiate this one... As many of you know, I've been a powerseller (big whoop) with 100% Feedback since 1999. That's a decent track record. Normally, I have smooth transactions as a buyer and seller... until today.

I won this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=270110914385

Seeing how he has a BIN of $59.99 and the title says 1/1 - I figure he's legit. I wasn't going to pay $59 for a 1/1 parallel, so I offer him $17 which he takes after a few days. Card arrives and is number 0008/1000?!? How is this 1/1.
Now I know he meant 1/1 as in the ONLY PSA 10, but that doesn't mean crap. I totally overpaid for a card I have probably 10 copies of in PSA 10 form if I were to submit them.

Where should I go from here? Ask for a full refund and ship the card back? Ask for a partial refund of about $10 - that way it covers the $7 or so dollars he spent on grading it? I hate when people do this stupid crap.

kinda hard to say . he pulled the ebay 1/1 so i would warn him with a neg if he either doesn't give you a refund or take the card back

what ernie said, if he starts getting crappy about getting a neg, file paypal claim on him and it will lock up his paypal until it's settled. if you send it back, sadly i'd send it sig confirmation which could cost a bit, but that way he can't say he didn't get

The seller didn't even have a description of the card, but I still think it's your responsibility to know what you're buying.

Some sellers are shady as hell, unfortunately. I wouldn't expect any money back in this situation. :(

Back