Racing Gordon docked 25 points for wrecking Bowyer

S

SCF Sports News

Four-Time NASCAR champion Jeff Gordon has been fined $100,000 and docked 25 points for intentionally wrecking Clint Bowyer at Phoenix International Raceway.

More...

this kills me....

the article includes the following:

Rick Hendrick was docked 25 owner points and Alan Gustafson was placed on probation for the remainder of the year under the rule that stipulates the crew chief is responsible for his driver and team members during a race event.

Bowyer's crew chief, Brian Pattie, was fined $25,000 and placed on probation through Dec. 31.

In an unrelated event to the Gordon-Bowyer incident, points leader Brad Keselowski was fined $25,000 for having a cellphone -- it falls into the category of an onboard computer -- in his car.

Wow,you can't control your driver if you're not in the car with him.The crew chief can only talk to the driver,it is up to the driver to control his own anger.

Bowyer gets nothing for sprinting like a mad man to the hauler to get at Gordon? His team should have been fined for their skirmish going after Gordon in the pits. I like both drivers, Jeff shouldn't have done what he did, but in all fairness, he was running top 5, or so when he was punted into the wall by Bowyer, and sure I don't think Clint did that on purpose, but he took out Gordon, and any chance he had to win the race, you have to expect some sort of retaliation, especially after he did the same thing a month ago that took Gordon, and Johnson out that race. You want to race like that be prepared to get dumped afterwards. The innocent one in the whole mess was Logano who also got taken out. I feel bad for him. Bowyer was wrong, and Gordon was way wrong. The fines, and probation are exactly what I thought would happen.

The Keselowski fine for having a phone in the car, well that is just plain stupid he has that in there in the first place. Then again, didn't he have one in the car before, and was tweeting during a red flag in a summer race this year? Maybe, he was told not to do it again, and he didn't oblige?

Yeah Keslowski is a tweeting maching. he gained like 80 thousand followers in like an hr while tweeting about the Montoya wreck with the jet dryer.

I am glad Bowyer did not got anything. He did sprint but really did nothing when he got there.

However a crewman jumping gordan was uncalled for and should have been suspended

Back