Final Four Picks?

Just some secrets that I'll share w/ ya guys cuz surprisingly I am very successful at march madness pick 'em and have won a lot of money...

A 10 seed beats a 7 seed every year... it usually happens 2-3 times.

All 4 #1 seed have never made the final four and it never will happen. The hype of college basketball causes so many upsets. I doubt even 3 #1 seeds will make the final four just because all these teams are fairly inexperienced and just really don't have dominance (exceptions: florida, wisconsin). Even UCLA showed flaws Saturday against West Virginia where they lost by 5.

A 16 seed never beats a 1 seed although a few 15 seeds have beaten the 2s.

Homecourt or local teams really do get advantages... so look at where teams are playing when picking in close games, but that doesnt mean that a team like Florida A&M will beat Wisconsin if they are playing in Florida.

Experience is everything. If a high ranked, young team is playing, be careful relying on them since they are very faulty in the tournament. A perfect example is George Mason who had a lot more experience than most of the other teams which allowed them to advance to the final four.

Every championship team needs a dominant big man. Part of the reason why Michigan State is struggling right now and why Marquette (small) got destroyed by Georgetown (big). Although good guards are important, big men are more important. They control the pace of the game and are huge defensively. Look at all of the top ranked teams... Florida has Noah and Horford. UCLA has Mbah a Moute, Ohio St has Oden, Wisconsin has Butch and versatile Alando Tucker, UNC has Hansbrough and Brandan Wright, Kansas has Julian Wright, Texas A&M has Kavaliauskas, and Pitt has Aaron Gray. Also look at the past champions... Florida, UNC (May), UConn (Okafor), Syracuse (Warrick). You'd soon realize how important big men are to these teams.

Use those tips wisely...

Back