Hockey Do You Still Like Jersey / Patch / Auto Cards?

02viperacr

Bench Warmer
as i was looking at different 2008 Jersey cards and Patch cards etc. i was wondering if anyone misses the good old days when a Jersey card , Patch or Auto actually Meant Something?

i remember going to card shows and if someone had a Jersey Card ( back in 97 ) it was like WOW ... look at that ...

now its like " who gives a .... " ... i mean isnt it cool if you see say a Viper / Ferrari / Lamborghini etc on the street ... but what if everyone had one ... people arent gonna be like ... holly Cow look at that car , cause everyone has one... and that is where jersey/patch and Auto cards are to me right now ... theres just toooooo many different jersey cards ...

i can preety much get any Jersey card of probably any Hockey player for under $5. ... so many now are only selling for a Dollar ... i just picked up a Rick Nash Dual Jersey Card from 08 Spx for a Buck ... i mean thats ridiculas!

is it really impressive anymore if you say " i own a Crosby Jersey Card " ... " I Got an Ovechkin Jersey Card " etc etc. ... i say , ya you and 10 billion others that have one ...

i just think the market is extremely saturated with jersey / patch and Auto cards.

anyone have thoughts on this???

I like them alot, and my collection which will be handed down to my children later on is quite extensive.
But the counterfeit jersey, patches are what worries me the most.

I dont collect the cards to impress other people.........

This is my families personal collection, and after 30+ years, we will see what the people will say.... but today, as u highlighted, no one will care, as yes it is saturated.

Rgds. paul/ Philippines

Back