Racing Best Race You've Ever Been To?

sillylucy

Bench Warmer
I've been going to races for a long time now. My uncles would take me out to the track with my other cousins and we had a blast. Was just wondering what some of the best races you've ever been to?

I have been to a few races over the last couple of years. I really enjoy the short tracks due to the fact that you are able to see everything that is going on. Martinsville was a really good race to watch. We were able to get in the third row at turn number 3 and it was just awesome. However, the best race that I have ever been too is the night race at Bristol. The atmosphere is phenomenal and it is an experience that I will never forget. If anybody loves to watch Nascar races in person I would suggest that the Bristol night race be on your "bucket list".

Other than the local tracks here in the Barrie area (Barrie Speedway, and Sunset Speedway), and Cayuga, Ontario in the mid 80's, where I saw Bill Elliott, Kenny Wallace, Bob Seneker, and Mark Martin race in the ASA circuit, I've only been to 2 Nascar tracks. Been to the Daytona 500 a few times, and I've been to Michigan too many times to count.

The most memorable race I went to was at Daytona in 1989 when Darrell Waltrip won the race, and did the Ickey Shuffle in Victory Lane. I was also at Daytona when they filmed Days of Thunder. Have pics of Tom Cruise driving in the camera car, and the helicopter scene. Pretty cool to see the camera cars run a few laps at the back of the pack during the 500. I think it was Bobby Hamilton that drove the camera car?

Michigan races were mostly dominated by Bill Elliott, and Dale Sr. back when I use to go. Was there the weekend that Clifford Allison was killed in turn 3 during practice, and was also there the weekend Ernie Irvan had a bad crash in turn 2, and was in hospital for a while. he never was the same after that wreck.

Back