Who's A Player You Randomly Formed A Collection Of?

MrThrift

Prospect
Transactions: 8
Throughout the years I have formed various collections of players I either happen to pull a lot of cards of, or just find deals on their cards at shows, and it just starts to snowball.

Two that come to mind for me are Whit Merrifield and my newest one Brent Rooker. Ever since I pulled a Merrifield Heritage rookie, a couple years back, he has followed me in packs and I've even picked up some low-cost cool cards of him.

Rooker is my newest one. I picked up his Heritage Real One Auto in a bargain box and have been finding his stuff like crazy here lately. It could just be Heritage hits leading to hoarding, now that I type it out lol.

Who are those random player collections that pop up in your collections?

Super cool I’ll be on the lookout for Merrifield and Rooker cards for you.

I collect Dodgers cards and have been slowly adding some nice base, inserts, GU, and autos of a lot of my old favorite players from growing up and also some of the more recent guys.

Very cool @MrThrift !!

I collected Jamie Moyer cards as he was a great ttm signer at one time, so I had collected cards of him from each of his teams (Cubs, Rangers, Orioles, Red Sox, Cardinals, Rockies, Mariners, Phillies) and displayed them, which was a ton of fun!

I also at one time had the autographs of every player from the '85 Bears, (minus only Walter Payton, Mike Richardson, Dave Duerson, Shaun Gayle, Keith Ortego, and Stefan Humphries). That was 43 guys plus Ditka and Buddy Ryan! I was going to try to finish the whole team, but some of the 3rd stringers are rare signers ( I once bought a Cal Ripken autograph for $20 and gave $32 for an autographed 8x10 from Ken Taylor, who played in I think 2 games that season!!) So with players costing me $25-30 per signature, and knowing that Walter was going to cost me at least $100 and Duerson would be close to that too, the whole project was getting very expensive! I was going to keep on it, but fortunately I got an offer I couldnt refuse from a single collector and decided to sell!

Most recently it would have to be Matt Vierling. It started with finding his autograph in flagship, then Gypsy Queen and Heritage. At that point I started actively looking for his autograph, figured I was meant to have them. I've added Tribute, Optic, Opening Day and Mosaic so far. I've picked up the Phillies in a couple of breaks in an attempt to add to the collection too.

Jazz Chisholm. I started actively collecting baseball in 2021 and I wanted a PC guy for baseball so I picked Jazz. No real reason other than I thought he had a cool name and was a little flamboyant.

Former Green Bay Packers defensive end Vonnie Holliday. Vonnie came to our community, at no charge, to help a youth group get organized. He is a really quality person and I was very impressed, so I decided to start collecting his cards.

Back