Badgers? We dont need no stinking Badgers!

still dont get how FSU is 3 or 4 spots higher than Clemson even though they have same record and Clemson beat them.

See below:
Not really...

Start of the season I had Michigan and Wisconsiin the top ten and tOSU and Penn State in the lower half.

I thought after a few weeks that Penn State and Wisconsin had not proven to be top ten teams and was open about it. They played poor OOC schedules and didn't have the resume of other teams.

And I am probably sure other teams had just as weak schedules as the Badgers did. You probably ignore the Washington State game. They schedule those years in advance. How are you supposed to know how good a team will be in 5-6 years?

And I was 100% correct at this point neither are top ten teams. Just like I was wrong about the Buckeyes as they have started to dominate games the past few weeks.

I also had Illinois ranked a week before the pollsters will.

As for Purdue, its the same reason I didnt rank Hawaii, Connecticut, and Kansas. They havent played anyone good enough to get a true feel of where they are at. Kansas I guarantee will be in the next one, if Purdue can beat tOSU I already said will easily get in.

I just differ from a few guys in how I think polls should work. IMHO who you play, where you play them should be a factor. I sont belive playing non-bowl, non-BCS teams, mostly at home is a reason to get ranked ahead of a team that goes out and plays BCS teams, bowl bound teams, and even leave their home field a few times.

I would love to hear your examples of teams that go out and play BCS teams, bowl teams, and play them on the road a few times in a season, out of conference. I am guessing the number of teams is zero.

If there were more pollsters that actually voted like I do, teams would have to step up and play some decent teams in the OOC or get left behind.

It all evens out in the long run. You win, you get credit for it. You lose, you fall. Not rocket science. Badgers lost to a good team, they will fall in the rankings. The real funny part is that they would fall even when they won. Now they go on the road, lose to a good Illinois team that was favored to win, and they will fall even farther in the rankings.

We all know that UNLV, The Citadel, N. Illinois I am sure the Alvarez was thinking he had a heavy hitter line-up. I am not harping on the WSU one for the reason you gave

Washington has Syracuse (Road/BCS), Ohio St. (BCS/Bowl Bound), Boise State (Bowl Bound) and Hawaii (Bowl Bound)

I want to make it clear I am not looking for all four to be tough, but Id like to see 2 or 3 of the OOC games fit into at least one the categories (especially the bowl or BCS).

But the argument that we dont know what teams are going to be like is bogus when you schedule non-BCS teams that have a long history of sucking. Teams need to be held accountable by the voters on who they play.

I am not saying Wisconsin is terrible, but I was correct (it appears) that they are not a top ten team the way they are currently playing.

they lost,so did Michigan,so did West Virginia who by a few were picked to win it all. Actually this from what a UCLA fan? :doh: Where have they been for years???? :roflmao:I may bleed maze & blue but I was born across the border in Oshkosh:boohoo: How many teams usually go undefeated in a year?:lollol: Now hopefully we fire Lloyd and get some fresh blood in the Big House:dance:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back