Badgers? We dont need no stinking Badgers!

Their defense sucks, but when you win 14 in a row, how can you be overrated? They may not have warranted a top 5 slot, but they should have been in at least the top 10.

Their defense sucks, but when you win 14 in a row, how can you be overrated? They may not have warranted a top 5 slot, but they should have been in at least the top 10.

Off their resume this season to date... No they had no business being in the top ten team... hence number five was OVERRATED...

Wisconsin looks like a good team, but last years squad played better. Who knows with all they have returning why they are not producing. But they scheduled a laughable OOC and skirted through it. First real road test and they came up flat. Where is the vaunted Badgers defense this season?

Off their resume this season to date... No they had no business being in the top ten team... hence number five was OVERRATED...

Wisconsin looks like a good team, but last years squad played better. Who knows with all they have returning why they are not producing. But they scheduled a laughable OOC and skirted through it. First real road test and they came up flat. Where is the vaunted Badgers defense this season?

Coming up flat is losing by 38, not 5. It was a big game against a good team....a team that will likely be ranked in the top 20 this week. And if last season has no merit on this season, why do we have rankings before the season starts? No matter who you are or who you play, 14 in a row is a tough task. So yes, before today, I do believe they should have been a top 10 team. I knew it wouldnt last due to their defense, but when you have the longest winning streak in the country, how can you not be in the top ten?

Coming up flat is losing by 38, not 5. It was a big game against a good team....a team that will likely be ranked in the top 20 this week. And if last season has no merit on this season, why do we have rankings before the season starts? No matter who you are or who you play, 14 in a row is a tough task. So yes, before today, I do believe they should have been a top 10 team. I knew it wouldnt last due to their defense, but when you have the longest winning streak in the country, how can you not be in the top ten?

yeah it is not like they got their doors blown by Utah.

they got beat so they are no longer a Top 10 school.

yeah it is not like they got their doors blown by Utah.

they got beat so they are no longer a Top 10 school.

Yup, no more top 10 anymore, but until they did lose, I believe they were. The Illini came up big today, and we should look for them to be ranked in the teens this upcoming week.

Their body of work this year shows they shouldnt have been moving up the rankings. In my pointless rankings I started them in the top ten then bumped them down after close calls versus doormats UNLV and Citadel. At the start of the season last year matters to get a starting point but as we get a sample of this years teams we can adjust accordingly. I ad Wisconsin out of the top ten because their were teams that had proven more to date.

And I dont have the Bruins ranked and had them lower then the pollsters did by five spots before the Utah debacle. So I never stated they were something special.

Their body of work this year shows they shouldnt have been moving up the rankings. In my pointless rankings I started them in the top ten then bumped them down after close calls versus doormats UNLV and Citadel. At the start of the season last year matters to get a starting point but as we get a sample of this years teams we can adjust accordingly. I ad Wisconsin out of the top ten because their were teams that had proven more to date.

And I dont have the Bruins ranked and had them lower then the pollsters did by five spots before the Utah debacle. So I never stated they were something special.

they moved up because other teams lost. Most of them lost to teams they should not have lost too, Wisconsin is a big name and have been on a huge winning streak. So not to move them up would be just bias against them.

they moved up because other teams lost. Most of them lost to teams they should not have lost too, Wisconsin is a big name and have been on a huge winning streak. So not to move them up would be just bias against them.

Agreed.

Thank god seahawcla doesnt pick the official rankings because somehow last week, after the Badgers beat a very tough Michigan State team, they moved up just 4 slots, while the Buckeyes moved up 6 after beating a 1-3 team (now 1-4).

Seems to me Jon is bias vs Big 10.

Jon like everyone else is biased. Based on where we live what we believe, no one is a blank slate. That being said we all try to temper this somewhat, some are better at it than others.

Seems to me Jon is bias vs Big 10.

Not really...

Start of the season I had Michigan and Wisconsiin the top ten and tOSU and Penn State in the lower half.

I thought after a few weeks that Penn State and Wisconsin had not proven to be top ten teams and was open about it. They played poor OOC schedules and didn't have the resume of other teams. And I was 100% correct at this point neither are top ten teams. Just like I was wrong about the Buckeyes as they have started to dominate games the past few weeks.

I also had Illinois ranked a week before the pollsters will.

As for Purdue, its the same reason I didnt rank Hawaii, Connecticut, and Kansas. They havent played anyone good enough to get a true feel of where they are at. Kansas I guarantee will be in the next one, if Purdue can beat tOSU I already said will easily get in.

I just differ from a few guys in how I think polls should work. IMHO who you play, where you play them should be a factor. I sont belive playing non-bowl, non-BCS teams, mostly at home is a reason to get ranked ahead of a team that goes out and plays BCS teams, bowl bound teams, and even leave their home field a few times.

If there were more pollsters that actually voted like I do, teams would have to step up and play some decent teams in the OOC or get left behind.

Back